• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2007 cancelled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I can say I am on my second bought copy...

...it is true that a lot of pirating is killing the games industry. Chipped machines are forcing gamiong developers to be very choosy on what they create....it is all on whether the ***le will become feasible.

Yep, they gotta make money. EA wants nothing more than profit.

They can release a Rugger on X360 - with high risk of minimal return/or loss

Perhaps BLIC sold more than Rugby 2006

If there is a BLIC07 on X360 - there can be a Rugger07 on X360

BUT it falls short of EA's minimal profit margin of 100billion % - We wont see it

It is very very clear now that EA wont drive these nich sports ***les like Codemasters will into the next gen.

I wish Swordfish got WCR alot better..codies would have taken it on board like they did with BLIC.

As much as I'll miss a Rugby ***le on next gen, this news doesnt surprise me as EA are nothing but bad news with niche sports.

To make matters worse - this gives them excuse to start from scratch and give us another 2004esque debut ***le on next gen...with no offloads, and new groundbreaking 3d grass.

Like they stripped Madden and in 2007 it still doesnt have owner mode.

ahhh f*** off HB/EA.............

Yeah well, you watch what happens if Codemasters does go after Rugby for the World Cup or after. EA will all of a sudden care again. Then tell us that they did all along.

haha...and Codemansters can say "thanks EA for giving us fantastic ideas on how to make a game and make it better"..ala BLIC etc lol!

can i just say the best rugby game ever was jonah lomu rugby that game was awesome! i say just copy that with slightly improved graphics lol!!! :)

Hello all,

I've not been on this forum for a while, as rugby games have been thin on the ground. Last year, Rugby 07 was scheduled for a March release on PS2, Xbox and PC. This, according to a couple of my sources, looks to have changed.

Both Sony and Microsoft have a list of games and their release dates, they also have dates which they'll receive them at their HQ for testing. Rugby 07 was down as March for Quality testing at both Sony and Microsoft. However, Rugby 07 has now disappeared from the updated HQ test lists. Now things like this have happened before, usually when a game is put back etc and they're then put on a new list.... but rumblings on Rugby 07 haven't been so sweet!

According to form, Rugby 07 is very unlikely to be released on Next Gen platforms yet, as there isn't the sufficient market for a rugby game on these platforms, and with hardly any new stuff coming out for the last gen platforms, it seems even more unlikely that a this game will be appearing on the PS2 or Xbox either as it wouldn't be "good financial business" to do so. It may be a different story with PC, but I'm still not so sure.

I'll keep my ear to the ground and keep you informed of any changes.

Lox
[/b]

Lox do you think EA will ever make another rugby game on next gen? I hope this is not the end of rugby games, especially as they were just beginning to get good! I wonder if HB/EA would have put more effort in rugby 2006 if they new it was their last one?

can i just say the best rugby game ever was jonah lomu rugby that game was awesome! i say just copy that with slightly improved graphics lol!!! :)
[/b]
I was a huge fan of JLR...

...however when you master R2006 you realise that JLR does not cut it anymore.

Codemasters cannot emulate JLR anyway...they tried and failed with the WCR series.

Ubisoft/Swordfish was WCR

Codemasters have nothing to do with WCR....they did BLIC, another former Swordfish ***le

But yeah Ruggers06 is the new king.......but i still reckon we are cheating ourselves thinking Codies couldnt do a better job.

I'll restate that.

Codemasters JLR team have a lot that are now Swordfish.

However I think they are missing some key personnel from that JLR original programming team.

i told my cousins piracy wasn't a good idea! everytime i buy a new game or CD they ask me to burn it for them, i make them go buy their own copy. they think companies are being greedy charging ppl so much money for a game or CD but unfortunately unless you support their cause we won't get a next edition.. friggen idiots!

However I think they are missing some key personnel from that JLR original programming team.
[/b]

BIG TIME

i even believe some of the JLR codies programmers are on the EA rugby team now

Any news on whether 2007 will happen? Still can't believe EA might be cancelling it. SUCH a shame.

It's too late in the day for an 07 version to be coming out; something would have been leaked by now.

With every passing day I'm thinking more and more those Canadian ******** at EA have cancelled it.

I think it is still possible for Rugby 2007. The fact that nothing has leaked yet doesn't mean it won't happen. I think with Rugby 2005 we went from having no information whatsoever in mid December to having it March (I think).

But the whole generation changeover thing is not good in helping the chances of a Rugby 07

I agree. It's a wounded, lame, depressed and dying duck. Not a dead one quite yet though.

I agree. It's a wounded, lame, depressed and dying duck. Not a dead one quite yet though.
[/b]
Are you describing the Chiroprator101????

this thread is so depressing.. someone delete it!
dear god, please let me win the lottery so i can fund this game myself!.. then sell it for double the price! muahaha

This is a little like all non-american games made by EA at the mo. They don;t really wanna produce them because the market is currently spread between two gens, take fifa 07. They made it, but on the 360 it is pretty poor with 6 leagues, and Cricket didn't make it onto the 360.

So EA must be finding it a dauting prospect to release a Rugby game, either ps2 only, or the leap of faith that releasing a 360 game is.

BM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts