• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2007 cancelled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
EA missed out on a rugby game for the 2003 world cup. They relased Rugby 04 instead, with the England team as the best side on the game. This may be the case this time around. I probably think that they will not release any info until the end of the year & then announce Rugby 08, using they main advertisement as 'Control {World Cup 07 winners} ' or 'Control your own team to win the World Cup.

I hope an outside team wins the world cup, so EA will make them the best rated team on the game.

Is Rugby 2006 on xbox compatible with xbox 360 would be good to get it again after selling it thought about getting it on pc also but is far to expensive.

<div class='quotemain'>
all of EA's ***le are crap at the moment on Next Gen Except Tiger Woods 2007...with FNR3 next

Madden is good gameplay but nothing longevity - no owner mode - supastar become stale after a month
NBAlive 07 = balls
NHL = crap
FIFA07 = ok, but not great

once again 2K sports own another year in respect for their local USA sports.
[/b]

For EA its not about producing good games, its games that sell and ill bet that EA made more money from those supposedly crap games than 2k made from their equivalents
[/b][/quote]

i completely agree....but

dont forget that the 2k sports equivelents are a good $20.00 per item cheaper, than EA's ***les.

I believe 2k ship more volume, the 2k series, especially in NBA its lightyears ahead of NBALive2007

Obviously its all about business and money making machines!!!

But i think i'd rather ship more ***les in total volume, than have a larger profit margin..profit margins are depicted by the gap in costs and total revenue

With Gears of War shipping 3 million recently, EPIC would be getting plenty of praise for this accolade....not many will be wanting to know what the profits involved are.

I am starting to see a large trend in game companies listed on stock exchanges like EA.

They are controlled by shareholders to some extent - they only care about $$, they would rather see a dividend in the mail than see a game selling 3 million in 3 months and no dividend in mail.

IMO the bigger the company the less quality we get...its like the Ford assembly line........quantity over quality

for the X360 this year........Oblivion and Gears rocked the boat....the developers of these games are independent i believe........they put more effort into a ***le, as its their soul puppy.

Its like do you want the custom made Aston Martin, or the Mass Produced BMWM3
Do you want custom made golf clubs or the mass produced Wilsons from your local department store.

The games industry is gorwing rapidly, and everyyear that goes by, EA, UBI, Activison are always ACQUIRING new local development studios to expand there reign in the market...once they ACQUIRE these new studios, they implement a new costing poilicy imposed on the studio to maximise profits....cut costs more or less....this impacts the overall quality of a ***le that would have once maybe been a great ***le, but since they "NEWLY ACQUIRED" this mob, and imposed a new costing policy the development of the ***le was re-done, and overall joe public lose quality - we all buy coz there is nothing else, they keep going with sequels, we keep biting the bait.

that is disapointing if they would just make 06 backwards compatible with 360 id be happy for now.

There IS no Rugby 2007. FACT ! Unfortunately. :angry:
[/b]

I do believe you Knowsley, but who or what are your sources? You did say that we suggest we should not believe another forum member Blue Bulls about his game. One of the reasons was that he wouldn't reveal his "team".

Who is your "team"? Where does your information come from? How can we conclusively KNOW that you are right?

Please respond as you would've had Blue Bulls respond. I'm not being a smart-ass. It's a "do as you would have others do" situation really. :D

Yeah, I have to agree there Knowsley... Also, I haven't seen you around for a while and I'v ealways respected you, but since you've "come back" so to speak, you become well... a bit negative.

Anyway, where's your team?

why are ea doing this to us im sure as hell theres gunna be another rugby game and it will be 07(plez plez pretty plez), surely they can see on every forum on every ea site and on every rugby forum on the web that were all dying for this game f*** id buy it if it was the most expensive game on the market. how can they not give us any info watsoever, hay id be happier if they officially said it was canned. but they do nuthing nothing at all. And then sum chap says sumthin on gameinnovation saying to be released in feb, im so dessperate i know hes alshit but its givin me hope and im checkin the net every bloody hour haha. Ur a bunch of arseholes ea god damn you(unless you announce the game very soon ofcourse)

I believe Knowsleyroader

His team is locksley - everyone knows that already....i do anyway.

When Locks lurks so does the Knows...its as though they are handcuffed in the internet cafe (jokes)

BlueBulls has floated from the Abyss of forums, and made some claims.

Knowsley is from no Abyss......he is normally in the "Know", ties with Locks.....i somehow have the mental thought they both owned rugby06 and played WCR before they even were released, a good few months

He comes across negative - but thats because he points out the bad more than the good for constructive criticism...in this case, were are all at sour grapes with no Rugby07, and Bluebulls claims hit a bad nerve with most of us

I just want to stress that I'm not knocking Knowsley. I am saying that the Blue Bulls guy didn't deserve being jumped down the throat of.

If he wasn't allowed to post his idea that he was making a game, then the thread should have been closed until Blue Bulls contacted Saint Helens or Getofmeland with some kind of credentials or info via PM.

As far as I know we conduct interogations gentlely at first around here. I think the idea of any open source version of a Rugby game being made is highly unlikely and have said so. Strangely, Blue Bulls hasn't been offended by my doubting. It could be in the delivery.

Locksley has always provided excellent information as is nothing short of brilliant on TRF. Sure he always will be. I have always had the highest of regard for Knowsley too. I have stuck up for his viewpoints in the past too.

I'm not basing my view on blind loyalty though, all I'm saying is a little caution in how we shout down people is advisable for all of us.

I'm not trying to claim any moral high-ground, as I'm not a Saint in all I do either.

well it would be nice to know where these guys get there information from?

Well maybe Locks and myself should take a leaf out of Blue Bulls book and vanish never to return ? Our sources are private but we have consistently backed ourselves up with screens, videos, information proven to be correct on general release etc.

What more do we have to provide ?

We dont post on here as often as the majority, but we keep an eye out and generally become more active as there is information to pass on to you guys as has proven in this case.

Would you rather we kept it quiet ?

Hey look on the bright side, maybe one day we will be wrong ? :D

i somehow have the mental thought they both owned rugby06 and played WCR before they even were released, a good few months
[/b]

Us Sir ???? How very dare you ;)

There IS no Rugby 2007. FACT ! Unfortunately. :angry:
[/b]

hey guys trust me theres gonna be a rugby07 i know it. they just waiting for around world cup time, they cant miss out on this big money making opportunity. Now i have no sources telling me that, i can just tell they will. If they dont release a game before the world cup OR around world cup time, ill wear womens undies for a month!!

Well maybe Locks and myself should take a leaf out of Blue Bulls book and vanish never to return ? Our sources are private but we have consistently backed ourselves up with screens, videos, information proven to be correct on general release etc.

We dont post on here as often as the majority, but we keep an eye out and generally become more active as there is information to pass on to you guys as has proven in this case.

Hey look on the bright side, maybe one day we will be wrong ? :D[/b]

What? A threat? Why are you so threatened by the very questions that you have asked another?

I am as happy as anyone with yours and Locksleys contributions to this forum. Can I not disagree on how we treat people on this forum?

I sincerely apologise if I offended you asking for your source.

How have you come to the conclusion that you have been asked to vanish never to return? Well, I can't stop you, I hope you stay around. Of course feel free to be rude to whomever you want though.

now now guys, come on lets calm down!!

i still think theres going to be a rugby 07, but ill still think tht in 2010

Yeah, this site lets people make up their own game ***le and stuff like that.

If there was a rugby game in the works surely we would have heard of it and it would be released later this year with the ***le Rugby 2008.

Maybe they are waiting for the results of this years world cup so that they can incorporate that somehow with scenario modes etc.

Hey look on the bright side, maybe one day we will be wrong ? :D[/b]

What? A threat? Why are you so threatened by the very questions that you have asked another?

I am as happy as anyone with yours and Locksleys contributions to this forum. Can I not disagree on how we treat people on this forum?

I sincerely apologise if I offended you asking for your source.

How have you come to the conclusion that you have been asked to vanish never to return? Well, I can't stop you, I hope you stay around. Of course feel free to be rude to whomever you want though.
[/b]

How exactly am I threatening anyone and how could I possibly do that ? With what exactly ? I also dont understand how you can compare me with Blue Bulls ?

I questioned someone who came onto the forum telling us about a game that has nothing to show for itself, no website, no team members we would have heard of, no company, nothing.

My sources are irrelevant in the scheme of things as myself and Lox have constantly come up with inside information before any other sources on the web.

I am entitled to shoot the guy out of the water if I so desire as he cant back himself up in any way.

knowsleyroader my friend, i believe this thread is discussing the cancellation on Rugby 2007.

I voiced my opinion, only to have the next post be a personal vendetta against someone else, and now people may not read my contribution as a result of this. Oh well.

Woops sorry im a hypocrite i just did the same thing!!!

knowsleyroader my friend, i believe this thread is discussing the cancellation on Rugby 2007.

I voiced my opinion, only to have the next post be a personal vendetta against someone else, and now people may not read my contribution as a result of this. Oh well.

Woops sorry im a hypocrite i just did the same thing!!!
[/b]

Your post wasnt present as I was typing my response. It happens.

Yeah, this site lets people make up their own game ***le and stuff like that.

If there was a rugby game in the works surely we would have heard of it and it would be released later this year with the ***le Rugby 2008.

Maybe they are waiting for the results of this years world cup so that they can incorporate that somehow with scenario modes etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts