• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2007 cancelled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people just need to wise up and get with the programme.

" If I hope and prey EA will make 07, maybe that will help it become a reality "

" If we dont shoot Blue Balls down maybe he really WILL make us a game "

FFS !

If im wrong, im wrong ! If im right, im right ! All I can say is dont have an aneurysm in the meantime.

Anyone know what the sales figures are for Rugby 06?
Here in the states they'd never dream of not making Madden 07 or MLB 07...they never miss a season, and I believe if they could get away with it, they'd put it out twice a year 07.5 or whatever. So why would there be delays between the release of the Rugby Franchise? Surely it has something to do with $$$ (sorry, £££).

Yep its all to do with Money, EA should make a game... Was there a game for 2003??

there was a game for 2003 i think, but it was just called EA Sports Rugby

there was also rugby 2001

No Charlie, they didn't make a rugby 03, they made rugby 04 [/b]

I thought it was Rugby 2004 which was the game after the world cup... So maybe they are going to do the same this year... If USA win the World Cup!!!

We are the reigning Olympic Rugby Champions, so you never know when we'll pull straight excellence and amazement out of our collective asses.

" If I hope and prey EA will make 07, maybe that will help it become a reality "

FFS !

If im wrong, im wrong ! If im right, im right ! All I can say is dont have an aneurysm in the meantime.
[/b]

As I've said from the start. I believe you when you say that there WILL......NOT.....BE.....A.....RUGBY '07. I also don't think Blue Bulls will EVER make a game. Do I tell people what to think though? No. Difference right there.

Please remember, you DO have the "right" to blow us all out of the water.

Oh, by programme? You mean get with yours? lol.

Yer funny.

Hahahahaha+ha

I don't think it makes much sense to release a game pre-WC07, and I'm sure EA are thinking the same.

After the World Cup there will be a new set of superstars, new individual stars, different starting players than there are now and new kits for most teams

If they released a game now it would be redundant come September. If they release a game after it will have a much longer shelflife, and will piggyback the success and increased popularity of rugby worldwide.

Makes sense then to delay release until they can come up with an ultra-up to date game after the World Cup no?

I don't think it makes much sense to release a game pre-WC07, and I'm sure EA are thinking the same.

After the World Cup there will be a new set of superstars, new individual stars, different starting players than there are now and new kits for most teams

If they released a game now it would be redundant come September. If they release a game after it will have a much longer shelflife, and will piggyback the success and increased popularity of rugby worldwide.

Makes sense then to delay release until they can come up with an ultra-up to date game after the World Cup no?
[/b]

that is a good point. im sure rugby 2004 had more sales than 05 and 06 even though it was utter crap. mainly because of increase in popularity of the sport after england won the rwc. but i would rather play the game during the world cup than after it (thats if the all blacks lose :p )

Yeeha, I am now rooting for England to take out the 6 Nations and what a start, with all the english fans starting to believe again, (however wrongly), in their own team it is a great push in favour of a new rugby game this year. I'm pretty sure that the demolition of the Northern hemisphere teams by the mighty All Blacks has led EA to believe that a new rugby game would not be profitable enough. 6 Nations results and performances may go a long way to changing that opinion.

<div class='quotemain'>

FFS !

[/b]

As I've said from the start. I believe you when you say that there WILL......NOT.....BE.....A.....RUGBY '07. I also don't think Blue Bulls will EVER make a game. Do I tell people what to think though? No. Difference right there.

Please remember, you DO have the "right" to blow us all out of the water.

Oh, by programme? You mean get with yours? lol.

Yer funny.

Hahahahaha+ha
[/b][/quote]

My friend you may get with any programme you wish. Enjoy. :)

it baffles me how they can make "cricket 07" and not "rugby 07", i havnt played the cricket games but surely rugby is more popular and sells more.
the fact that its the cricket world cup this year aswell and they released cricket 07 doesnt give me much hope for rugby 07 being released.
:(

Cricket is massively popular in the subcontinent and is considerably popular around the world.

Also, bear in mind that the cricket world cup begins next month. Rugby World Cup is still a longish way into the year.

This sucks. I really was looking foward to that game and now it looks like it has been canned.

ea sports originally looked at makin a game every 18 months if my memory recalls, I believe they will release a game this year expect to hear more about it say in July, August, cmon guys its only february, World Cup means great interest and from a marketing point of view they'd be silly not to take advantage of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts