• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2007 cancelled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There won't be a Rugby 2007. If it's released later this year, then it will be called Rugby 2008.

or rugby world cup 2007

i still have the rugby world cup 95 game on mega drive :)

lol good stuff! I always enjoy playing EA Rugby 2001. I really like the running, passing and kicking.

lol good stuff! I always enjoy playing EA Rugby 2001. I really like the running, passing and kicking.
[/b]

Yeah the original "Rugby" for PS2 is still my fav. No other version has come close for the cross-field kick to wing move.

....My copy is signed by Lote Tuquiri the day after he made the switch from league.

i still have the rugby world cup 95 game on mega drive :)
[/b]
phat! is that the game where you could edit the team names, player names and even have custom uniforms? i think i had that on PC. and when u got into a ruck you had to push the side arrows to ruck the ball out, and they even had backline moves!
man, where cud i get that game again!
one of the best rugby games i thought..

this from the ea sports uk forum in the rugby o6 section date 23rd january 2007 post is from the ea site admin
http://forum.easports.co.uk/viewtopic.php?...12&start=30
I think this thread is now best locked before it goes any further downhill. In the future please keep your posts here civil and constructive. And to reiterate, the Rugby series from EA has certainly not, to my knowledge, been cancelled however we have no announcement to make about its future at this time.

i thought you were telling us to be civil and constructive didnt know you were quoting that guy :p

And to reiterate, the Rugby series from EA has certainly not, to my knowledge, been cancelled however we have no announcement to make about its future at this time.

[/b]

I'm pretty sure we aren't debating whether or not the EA rugby series is being cancelled, we are debating whether Rugby 2007 has been cancelled.

EAUK_Sentience
Site Admin

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:08 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this thread is now best locked before it goes any further downhill. In the future please keep your posts here civil and constructive. And to reiterate, the Rugby series from EA has certainly not, to my knowledge, been cancelled however we have no announcement to make about its future at this time.

Hey look thats EA`s way of confirming it has been cancelled :D :cryy:

I think this thread is now best locked before it goes any further downhill. In the future please keep your posts here civil and constructive. And to reiterate, the Rugby series from EA has certainly not, to my knowledge, been cancelled however we have no announcement to make about its future at this time.[/b]

you missed the bit just before it, so to HIS knowledge, this HASNT been cancelled

<div class='quotemain'> And to reiterate, the Rugby series from EA has certainly not, to my knowledge, been cancelled however we have no announcement to make about its future at this time.

[/b]

I'm pretty sure we aren't debating whether or not the EA rugby series is being cancelled, we are debating whether Rugby 2007 has been cancelled.
[/b][/quote]

I am just the messenger calm down. as to what this means with regards to a game in 2007 that is what your job is to decide.

my view is that ea themselves are still unsure but have hb working on a rugby game anyway so that if they choose to release this year then they can. it is the world cup this year so I would be suprised if we heard nothing from ea about a game at some point this year. it may not release this year but I think they would release news about a game at some point to take advantage of the world cup.

TBH - I see a World Cup Edition

No 2007, No 2008 - No world league

I see a Fifa like World cup Edition...quick bandaid solution for quick funds whilst the transition between generations of consoles is in full flight.

If they market it well, and even perhaps throw in the World Cup qualifyers - they dont really have to improve on 2006.

Zero costs
healthy returns on sales on RWC hype
= maximised profits

If they do that the only real significant costs are the reprinting and distribution of the game....as the mechanics are the same as 2006.
It will still sell - we rugby religious, we are gamers, we will buy

From a money making perspective - Its the best option

some eatarse on the ea forum sed its being released on the 15th of this month!!

this from the ea sports uk forum in the rugby o6 section date 23rd january 2007 post is from the ea site admin
http://forum.easports.co.uk/viewtopic.php?...12&start=30
[/b]

Yeah saw that. Certainly a very ambiguous comment that doesnt sound very positive.

theyve updated that little thing about the hive on hb, there f***ing obsessed with hives, it said something like the hive is buzzing as uefa champions league 2006/2007 enters the final testing and 3 other projects are in full swing!!

theyve updated that little thing about the hive on hb, there f***ing obsessed with hives, it said something like the hive is buzzing as uefa champions league 2006/2007 enters the final testing and 3 other projects are in full swing!!
[/b]

I dont understand all the secrecy. Which 3 other projects ??????????

Hey, guys what are you doing even discussing this? This game is cancelled! As in no Rugby game this year. I know what I'm talking about, hahahaha, lol!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts