• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2007 cancelled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
all of EA's ***le are crap at the moment on Next Gen Except Tiger Woods 2007...with FNR3 next

Madden is good gameplay but nothing longevity - no owner mode - supastar become stale after a month
NBAlive 07 = balls
NHL = crap
FIFA07 = ok, but not great

once again 2K sports own another year in respect for their local USA sports.

Well they (HB Studios) have just finished FIFA Champions League & are saying there working on 3 other projects.

Now I haven't read any earlier posts for this topic, but is it a difinite that rugby is not going to made or is it pure speculation? :eek:

Well they (HB Studios) have just finished FIFA Champions League & are saying there working on 3 other projects.

Now I haven't read any earlier posts for this topic, but is it a difinite that rugby is not going to made or is it pure speculation? :eek:
[/b]

Nothing is definite because EA havn't said either way, however Locksley has friends in high places and the word is, rugby 2007 has been cancelled. As mentioned in the other threads, we would have heard something by now. There is a slim chance that they may release a world cup version of rugby 2006 on PS2 an or a PC version of rugby 2007 to get round the platform issue. But don't hold your breath. My feeling is we won't see another rugby game from EA for at least 3 or 4 years, after they are confident it will sell well on XBOX 360 or PS3. Sadly there is a possiblity they won't make another one until support for the game has reached a new level. Its just too much of a risk, especially as I suspect sales for rugby 2006 were poor.

EA PLEASE prove me wrong!!

all of EA's ***le are crap at the moment on Next Gen Except Tiger Woods 2007...with FNR3 next

Madden is good gameplay but nothing longevity - no owner mode - supastar become stale after a month
NBAlive 07 = balls
NHL = crap
FIFA07 = ok, but not great

once again 2K sports own another year in respect for their local USA sports.
[/b]

For EA its not about producing good games, its games that sell and ill bet that EA made more money from those supposedly crap games than 2k made from their equivalents

I am not at all convinced by this, but still, a first possible sighting of Rugby 07??

http://www.gameinnovation.org/index.php/EA_Sports_Rugby_2007
[/b]

Although, this seems fairly unreliable, it gives us hope. First off, it says that there are more set plays which are more flexible. GOOD. Then we've got the ability to take control of a team for a number of years (hopefully a franchise mode). OKAY. Next, what is very promising indeed: 102 international teams. This may indicate a full WC Qualifying system. 125 club teams, which would mean that they'd have quite a few more licences. Top14, Celtic League, Air NZ Cup, Currie Cup and hopefully the ARC may all be there.

If this is true this game may well be very good indeed!

sure hope so but check out the release date feb 15th 07 how can they keep the game game under wraps for so long when they say its going to be released in less than a month, this is bull surely

QUOTE from link
Innovations New set plays, much more flexible.
Manage a rugby team for a number of years.
102 International teams, 125 Club teams.
Video referee,
More realistic offloading in the tackle.
Not the same old predictable bounce of the ball that once hampered this series of games.

Not wanting to put a dampner on things, but the way that article is written, doesn't convince me that it's professionally done.

Definitely someone making it up.

That's certainly what I thought. It actually almost sounds like a request list for the game... but if it is true this is fairly promising!

Well, let's see.... Super 14, Heineken Cup, Guinness Prem, National Division 1, Top 14, Celtic League (or whatever it's called now), the Italian league, the Australian Rugby Championships, the Air NZ Cup, the Currie Cup.... how many teams is that??

there r only 95 international teams on the irb rankings list so how cud there b 102 international teams

there r only 95 international teams on the irb rankings list so how cud there b 102 international teams
[/b]

Pretty convinced this is all made up anyway, but I suppose if you included representative teams (Lions, Barbarians, Northern/Southern Hemisphere, NZ Maori etc.) you could easily get up to that number... but only if you were including all 95 teams in the IRB rankings, which I would say is unlikely... as is the chance of this appearing in under a month...

still a very encouraging article and it's somehow shown a light at the end of the tunnel.

i think its one of those websites where you can make up your own game ***le and add your own content. so i doubt this is real unfortunately.

go to the home page of this site and click on "add new content" and you have a option to add a new game ***le.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts