• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2012

It should also add a bit to team chemistry. It just seems boring to go from game to game without any of the midweek stuff, because that is crucial in games, as I'm sure anybody who has been a in a high level of rugby structure knows.

You should also be able to setup a game plan during this session, like if it is against the Auckland Blues you know it is going to be a lot of running so change a few players, make the training more about defence and passing / kicking rather than forward play which you would need if you were going against a South African team.

I think the problem with most sports games, is that they get pretty repetitive. In Fight Night Round 4, you do training sessions before your next fight. Maybe you can have a training session, just something very simple, just a few drills, that add a temporary boost to your skill stats, people can also get injured during these sessions and if you have an injured player you could include them just to see how serious it is and if they are fit enough to play. This would add a bit more realism to it, especially the injury part, because more injuries happen during training than in games. This would force you, on long tournaments like World League, chop and change teams, instead of just same old starting XV, start game, win game, start game, win game, one played injured, change them, start game, win game.

The behind the scenes stuff is pretty important in rugby, I feel this would be a lot better and add more depth to the game. It wouldn't cost that much as it isn't much licensing and madden do features very similar.

Yeah I totally agree this would be an awesome feature. You could experiment with set plays and find out whether players are suited to different positions like when Hook played 13 for Wales this year, practice goal kicking to temporarily improve stats as you've said. Yeah, really really like it. Problem is I feel HB may put this into the 'maybe' pile because its not 100% necessary.

I like the idea of being able to build team chemistry, and combinations through training and playing games. As the season
wore on keeping the same combinations together could improve or fail depending on results of your team. Would add to
the realsim but also would need an option to skip it also for those who can't be bothered.

Rugby 2010 Box art/Cover

Please this is not a hate post,this a post of who you would like to see from your country be represented on the cover.

For me I have three I would like to see on the cover at the same time,
Juan Smith
Victor Matfield
Juaque Fourie

I think its too early to even think about the cover now. The players in form now may not be in form when the game is released. They might not even be on the scene yet

I don't think a player should be on it, it is different for each region and would be much cheaper and better just to do the world cup, because at the end of the day, that is the ultimate prize and what sums up modern day rugby. For all nations.

I think its too early to even think about the cover now. The players in form now may not be in form when the game is released. They might not even be on the scene yet

True but most of the Springboks including the three mention above have already signed there contracts till after the 2011 RWC so Im sure they will still be around and in top form till then seeing that they have been playing in the same team since 2004/5.

For the NH cover I would go for:

Shane Williams/Halfpenny (Wal)
Brian O'Driscoll/Heaslip (Ire)
Dussatoire (Fran)

would be much cheaper and better just to do the world cup, because at the end of the day, that is the ultimate prize and what sums up modern day rugby. For all nations.

I like this idea.

What about just having like a mosaic effect with all the Rugby Union logos?

I like the idea of being able to build team chemistry, and combinations through training and playing games. As the season
wore on keeping the same combinations together could improve or fail depending on results of your team. Would add to
the realsim but also would need an option to skip it also for those who can't be bothered.

definately, eg if the scrum was failing the tight 5 would lose chemistry or even form, but if the back three are defending well or attacking well their chemistry would improve and they would attack better as a combination and they would align better in defence etc and support eachother better

training the team is a must, this should help their stamina, stats and also form, as well as the team chemistry, that way if you get a big injury it can really matter, instead of just an arbitrary selection issue.

...Would add to the realsim but also would need an option to skip it also for those who can't be bothered.

I think this could definitely work during the World League and possibly in the Tournaments such as RWC, Six Nations etc.
But as you say it should be optional as it could be time consuming for some gamers that want to just get on with playing the matches.

That might be a good idea actually, the mosaic effect, make the rugby ball out of each unions logo?. I was thinking something like this,

Rugby-World-Cup--001.jpg

With the rugby world cup kind've in the shadows, with a rugby ball on a pitch like this
rugby_ball.jpg

But more centred.

Make it optional, but make it important, so if you don't do it you lose out on temporary stat boosts, team chemistry, try new combinations and such based on form. There needs to be a reward for doing it and I think that would work well, so if you don't do it, you don't get the above mentioned things.

Make it optional, but make it important, so if you don't do it you lose out on temporary stat boosts, team chemistry, try new combinations and such based on form. There needs to be a reward for doing it and I think that would work well, so if you don't do it, you don't get the above mentioned things.

ESPN NFL 2K5 had a very similar thing of midweek training. Problem was as many have said is that it was far too time consuming for the casual gamer. For people who love getting into the nitty-gritty (like me) it was great. You could do everything from what practice exercises players did to the amount of weight they should be lifting. Extraordinary amount of detail. If you did too much or too little it could detriment your players, but done correctly it would boost their stats.

Great thing was they did make it optional and if you didn't have it you just didn't get those extra stats boost but it didn't affect the gameplay at all. Big difference here is I guess many people would like to actually participate in the training e.g. taking kicks etc which might be more difficult but I think im not alone in saying I would absolutely love to be able to do that.

if they release an america's version:

Juan Martin Hernandez
Horacio Agulla
Juan Fernandez Lobbe

Well, it is about the ultimate prize isn't it? The world cup, so I don't see why it shouldn't be something along those lines. I'd prefer that extra couple of hundred dollars spent on gameplay rather than a player for each country, which means more licensing.

Well for the NZ cover only Dan Carter or Richie McCaw would be worthy. Maybe with an outside chance Conrad Smith?, being a biased canes supporter, and for a bit of change. Would prefer just the world cup trophy though with maybe the
captain of the team in the country of release.

Latest posts