• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 22 Mods

I always loved the ARC competition and it would be cool to be able to play it on Rugby 22

Let us know how it goes! Especially with the commentary. I'm Italian, so would be great for future project ( you know we never had a commentary for rugby games).
I studied yesterday how the commentary system works and it seems that it's relatively easy to change them, however the way the devs cutted the sentences is really rough, that's why the commentaries sound weird sometimes. For example, some audio files only contain the word "et" (or "and" in english) and for now I will do the same with the commentaries I will replace them with. In fact, to have a better system like FIFA's one, we'd have to redo the code of the audio and if it's even possible it would be way longer to implement it. It doesn't seem that the devs use a standard audio middleware like FMOD or Wwise so the possibilities are lesser. It's either directly implemented in the engine (which is what some small devs team do), or a custom audio middleware that we don't have access. Nevertheless, when I will have the new sentences in the game, I'll see what is possible to do to improve the system.

What you can do now if you want to start to implement italian commentaries is to find videos of games broadcast on Italian TV and isolate each sentences of the commentaries using an audio editor (like audacity or reaper that are free). If you want you can also translate yourself the original commentaries and record them. I'll do a tutorial in the comming weeks I think.

Mod is pretty sweet. Thanks a million for doing this and also taking the time to make a tutorial for how others can do it as well. I'd like to put together an MLR patch. Beginning working on it now. Anyone interested or already working, let me know and we can coordinate perhaps.

Last edited:
Mod is pretty sweet. Thanks a million for doing this and also taking the time to make a tutorial for how others can do it as well. I'd like to put together an MLR patch. Beginning working on it now. Anyone interested or already working, let me know and we can coordinate perhaps.
I was planning on an MLR patch along with the SLAR and possibly overwriting some national sides to get Uruguay, Canada, Chile, and Brazil. I'm a huge fan of rugby in the americas

Les mods que je suis en train de faire fonctionnent pas de la même manière donc je ferais sûrement un tuto pour les commentaires par exemple. Pour les stats des joueurs, je peux être considéré dessus pour faire un tuto sur l'éditeur hexadécimal mais pour les textures de maillots je sais pas ^^
Super, ben en tout cas merci pour ce que tu feras :)

I was planning on an MLR patch along with the SLAR and possibly overwriting some national sides to get Uruguay, Canada, Chile, and Brazil. I'm a huge fan of rugby in the americas
From what I've seen, I take it that we would have to overwrite existing teams? As in we don't have the ability to add a new league or group of teams such as URC, Top 14 etc.

That's what I'm thinking too. I haven't checked to see what leagues have 13 teams in them to make MLR though

And there is no league that can be overwritten to give SLAR because they are only 6 teams

I HAVE CREATE discord chanel for RUGBY 22 MODDING for regroup all people work in mods and share YOUR WORK

Hello Cain, just watched through the video and I didn't hear anything about changing team names. For general ease of use, it would be great if you could add my discord- Hazamufaza#0239 and we could talk there? No pressure at all though.

Last edited:
Just my opinion but - wouldn't it be better to discuss these things in a public forum so that everyone can share with the modding?

Hello Cain, just watched through the video and I didn't hear anything about changing team names. For general ease of use, it would be great if you could add my discord- Hazamufaza#0239 and we could talk there? No pressure at all though.
Hi

Check the tutorial vid around the 12:19 mark - You will see there is code which refers to team name etc .... just change it there.

Great work so far on this! Obviously not the most polished game but I'm finding it pretty fun - unlicensed teams/players are obviously a big miss but seems that can be fixed with modding

Is there anything useful I can do around sorting out player images? I could probably start collecting player images but not sure how easy/difficult it would be to actually get them in the game. The pathway seems to be here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rugby 22\Data\AlternateTextures\players

The folders seem to follow the format surname_firstname_playerID (e.g. adams_josh_20565) and then teamname_teamID

Would adding them be a matter of simply adding folders here with the correct pathway and correctly sized/formatted photos or would it be more complex? Do we know how to find what each players ID is? (is it in the database_prod.BIN file?)

Also the pathway below looks to include the information for face mapping textures. Looks like 101 unique player heads textures - this seems to include a few players that are not licenced in the game (for example Farrell and Itoje) - how difficult do you think it would be to assign these to the fake player equivalent? Also are there any player assets that could be reused from rugby 20 for players from teams that used to be licenced but now are not (I didn't play rugby 20 so not sure how it compares)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rugby 22\Data\Characters\head

Great work so far on this! Obviously not the most polished game but I'm finding it pretty fun - unlicensed teams/players are obviously a big miss but seems that can be fixed with modding

Is there anything useful I can do around sorting out player images? I could probably start collecting player images but not sure how easy/difficult it would be to actually get them in the game. The pathway seems to be here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rugby 22\Data\AlternateTextures\players

The folders seem to follow the format surname_firstname_playerID (e.g. adams_josh_20565) and then teamname_teamID

Would adding them be a matter of simply adding folders here with the correct pathway and correctly sized/formatted photos or would it be more complex? Do we know how to find what each players ID is? (is it in the database_prod.BIN file?)

Also the pathway below looks to include the information for face mapping textures. Looks like 101 unique player heads textures - this seems to include a few players that are not licenced in the game (for example Farrell and Itoje) - how difficult do you think it would be to assign these to the fake player equivalent? Also are there any player assets that could be reused from rugby 20 for players from teams that used to be licenced but now are not (I didn't play rugby 20 so not sure how it compares)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rugby 22\Data\Characters\head
So first part of your post regarding player pictures.

I tried adding folders , adding code to the created players in database_prod.bin and nothing seem to work - so somewhere there is still code that I am missing either in that file or maybe in another. I am convinced that it is possible just a matter of finding the right code.

Secondly : You can totally use assets from Rugby 20 and even Rugby 18 and that is what I am doing with player models since some teams were licensed in those games that aren't now and some players had uniquely created faces - simply a matter of copying them over and making sure they work correctly.

Thanks for the Mod.

Last edited:

Latest posts