• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Championship: New Zealand - South Africa (15/09/2012)

Yep all these people randomly hitting him it's weird isn't it? Fair play to him and how he takes it but he's no angel.

My genius will shine through...I just hope Meyer plays Morne Steyn in November I love it when he kicks to Kearney. I'm not sure about F. Steyn losing weight during the WC where he looked excellent I think he was in or around 110kg.

Think Pienaar is the right scrum half for you but he needs to be given more control.
Yet he's never hit anyone. :rolleyes:

Like I said, stuff around the ruck and tight play is fine - but out and out striking someone is not.

Yet he's never hit anyone. :rolleyes:

Like I said, stuff around the ruck and tight play is fine - but out and out striking someone is not.

I'm not saying he's the devil either but he's not as innocent as many NZ's suggest. Obvously he's doing something extra if people react more aggressively than they normally do.

Once again I remain positive, I had a chat with my brother this afternoon (he's a big Stormers fan and he hates the Bulls). And we were in agreement that the Boks and the Argentinians are the only teams that can still improve.

Completely disagree.

The Wallabies have been hammered by injuries; Pocock, Genia, O'Connor & Horwill are their most influential and inspirational players. (Imagine NZ without Dagg, Reid, McCaw and Whitelock). Unlike New Zealand and South Africa, they don't have the depth of a third-level competititon like the ITM Cup or Currie Cup to pluck players from to replace them with. When they get all their front line players back, they can't help but get better.

The All Blacks have also suffered some injuries. Dan Carter, Jerome Kaino and Conrad smith just back. They have been pants since the Ireland series, dropping ball, knocking the ball on and committing other unforced errors including some poor throwing to the line-out. With the retirement of Brad Thorn and the injury to Jerome Kaino, they have lost a lot of their "grunt" in the forwards, and the young and inexperienced guys like Romano and Retallick are yet to come up to speed. IMO, there is a LOT of improvement to come in this All Black team. They are playing at about 50% at the moment, and still winning, and that must be worrying for other teams. When they get this game plan of playing the game at high-speed running smoothly, watch out, because I believe they will become capable of running any other team on the planet off the park.

I'm not saying he's the devil either but he's not as innocent as many NZ's suggest. Obvously he's doing something extra if people react more aggressively than they normally do.

Yeah, he's outplaying them so well they cant help but react aggressively..
McCaw takes a hell of alot of **** and we have NEVER seen him act in such a poor manner. Every team targets him, Higginbotham probably should have spent more time trying to play his own game during the tests vs Aus, but instead spent most of his time trying to rough up McCaw, didn't work though. It's actually really funny when we see guys literally targeting McCaw and the man never falters in play, nor does he succumb to their pathetic thuggery and react in a bad way.
My hat comes off to the man.

Yeah, he's outplaying them so well they cant help but react aggressively..
McCaw takes a hell of alot of **** and we have NEVER seen him act in such a poor manner. Every team targets him, Higginbotham probably should have spent more time trying to play his own game during the tests vs Aus, but instead spent most of his time trying to rough up McCaw, didn't work though. It's actually really funny when we see guys literally targeting McCaw and the man never falters in play, nor does he succumb to their pathetic thuggery and react in a bad way.
My hat comes off to the man.

TJ on ReUnion last night summed that up pretty well.

He said something to the effect that "the rough treatment doesn't seem to affect him, in fact, the more they do it to him, the better he plays, the more they knock him over, the quicker he gets up"

I dont think we do think he's innocent, we all know he cuts very close to those lines (offside, hands in the ruck etc) but the role of a good openside is to get as close to those lines as possible...unfortunately they end up getting crossed and when they are it should be penalised.....but that has nothing what so ever to do with out and out striking or any kind of targeting....end of

TJ on ReUnion last night summed that up pretty well.

He said something to the effect that "the rough treatment doesn't seem to affect him, in fact, the more they do it to him, the better he plays, the more they knock him over, the quicker he gets up"

this

McCaw is pretty amazing when it comes to the foul stuff

in his 110 tests and all his games for the crusaders and Canterbury you could clock up so much footage of him being the target of foul play like deliberate high tackles, eye gouges, head butts, being deliberately held down with a for arm to his head/throat at rucks and all manner of foul acts that make that deliberate forearm to the jaw he took last weekend look like tiddlywinks.

Yet you would have serious trouble finding any evidence what so ever of him being the actual perpetrator of such acts on another player.

Astonishing really.

McCaw is pretty amazing when it comes to the foul stuff

in his 110 tests and all his games for the crusaders and Canterbury you could clock up so much footage of him being the target of foul play like deliberate high tackles, eye gouges, head butts, being deliberately held down with a for arm to his head/throat at rucks and all manner of foul acts that make that deliberate forearm to the jaw he took last weekend look like tiddlywinks.

Yet you would have serious trouble finding any evidence what so ever of him being the actual perpetrator of such acts on another player.

Astonishing really.
This.

I dont think we do think he's innocent, we all know he cuts very close to those lines (offside, hands in the ruck etc) but the role of a good openside is to get as close to those lines as possible...unfortunately they end up getting crossed and when they are it should be penalised.....but that has nothing what so ever to do with out and out striking or any kind of targeting....end of

this
Abso****inglutely.

If they're gonna retaliate, just do the same - punishment has to fit the crime.
best thing about mccaw was when he belted that fat south african prick pitch invader who tried to attack the ref
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cugWIM6E39g
WOw. have never seen this.

How long ago was this test? 99-00?

best thing about mccaw was when he belted that fat south african prick pitch invader who tried to attack the ref
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cugWIM6E39g

That guy in that video is our very own heineken, so look out Bryce lol.

How do you get out of your seat, make your way to the paddock and try to beat up the reff in front of everyone?...

I can understand streaking, having a go of tackling a player but getting angry all the way on to the field to beat up the reff is dufus.

How long ago was this test? 99-00?

2002. Just Google "Pieter van Zyl" in fact... just click this

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Pieter+van+Zyl

that there is gold^ top job to the guy who slapped him silly at the end there haha made me laugh

That was A.J Venter, one of the "hard men" of Springbok rugby at that time.

Mr van Zyl is lucky Venter only *****-slapped him, if he had really meant to hit him, he would have been carried off on a stretcher!!

Last edited:
So Jano Vermaak Jacques Potgieter, Lwazi Mvovo, Craig Burden and Frans Malherbe has been released by the Boks to return to their Currie Cup teams.

I wonder what this entails, and if other players will be called up. For example, Chilliboy is finished with rehab, and just have to undergo fitness tests again, Heinrich Brussouw to replace Potgieter...

I think MacCaw will be remembered as one of the best flankers ever. The fact that knows how far to push it with all the known referees is amazing. Players like him will always suffer from harsher treatment (from opposing players) but few, will like him, rise to the occasion and come back better and stronger.

Coupled with the fact that he is very nice bloke and true role model for youngsters
He has my respect

Last edited:
Just had to share this:lol:

Attachments

• 527412_4279290912986_382856239_n.jpg
    527412_4279290912986_382856239_n.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 15
Always did think that the pink away kit looked like a detergent bottle...