• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Rugby Championship] Round 5 South Africa v New Zealand (25/9/2021)

TRF_stormer2010

TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Stormers
1632293616128.png1632293624702.png1632293632585.png

Luke Pearce referee
Jaco Peyer and Angus Gardner assistant referees
Damon Murphy (TMO) .

Saturday's Test, which will be the 100th between the old rivals, kicks off at 09:05 (SA time).

South Africa
15 Willie le Roux, 14 Sbu Nkosi, 13 Lukhanyo Am, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Makazole Mapimpi, 10 Handre Pollard, 9 Faf de Klerk, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Kwagga Smith, 6 Siya Kolisi (captain), 5 Lood de Jager, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Bongi Mbonambi, 1 Trevor Nyakane

16 Malcolm Marx, 17 Steven Kitshoff, 18 Vincent Koch, 19 Franco Mostert, 20 Marco van Staden, 21 Herschel Jantjies, 22 Elton Jantjies, 23 Frans Steyn

New Zealand
TBA

Boks haven't played well in this comp... but as all NZers know it's always going to be hard yakka against these blokes.
Hope the Boks vary their tactics more.

Boks haven't played well in this comp... but as all NZers know it's always going to be hard yakka against these blokes.
Hope the Boks vary their tactics more.
Such tripe.

South Africa have an abysmal record against NZ over the last decade.

Such tripe.

theyres till world champs, bloody hell, we cop it for being arrogant most of the time and the second someone shows some humility they get called out

Argentina had never better the AB's until last year so you could say they had an even worse record

theyres till world champs, bloody hell, we cop it for being arrogant most of the time and the second someone shows some humility they get called out

Argentina had never better the AB's until last year so you could say they had an even worse record
The poster's name fits well.

Its near impossible for the ABs to not win this RC - 10 points ahead on the log, with a 90+ points diff.

A bonus point in either game - ABs win
SA fails to get a bonus point in either game - ABs win
Even if SA wins with bonus points, and denies the ABs a bonus point, in both games, they have to win by at least 91 points over the two games - ain't gonna happen.

So the Bokke know its a lost cause now... and that will make them dangerous - you'd be a fool to discount them in this game. They were awful and clueless against Quade and the Wibbles last week but the ******** have this tendency to grow an extra leg when they play the ABs.

I reckon it will be closer than some people think.... AB's by 5

Such tripe.

What absolute rubbish - Boks are clearly our toughest opposition throughout the history of the game... what about Aussies abysmal record against us in the Bledisloe Cup, you haven't won it since the days of Eales & Gregan, 20 years ago !

What absolute rubbish - Boks are clearly our toughest opposition throughout the history of the game... what about Aussies abysmal record against us in the Bledisloe Cup, you haven't won it since the days of Eales & Gregan, 20 years ago !
And yet, even though the ABs have totally dominated Australia and the Bled. Cup since 2003, the fact is Australia have still managed to win 9 and draw 3 of those 50 or so games, including winning a RC.

And yet, even though the ABs have totally dominated Australia and the Bled. Cup since 2003, the fact is Australia have still managed to win 9 and draw 3 of those 50 or so games, including winning a RC.
It's not about Aussies results since 2003, as said have to look at the overall picture... also the Boks are the current world champions.

It's not about Aussies results since 2003, as said have to look at the overall picture... also the Boks are the current world champions.
....i mean...you brought up the wallabies, and @Shimano was supporting your point that even when one of these teams in having a bad run of form they can still win

Interesting to me that the difference in wins overall and in the RC is both 23. That means it was equal prior to the start of the tournament and is telling of our relative poor performances as part of SANZAAR.

As for this match, wow, a 100 hey. I wouldn't be surprised if NZ took it by 30+ and would also not be surprised if we took it by 6-. I suppose that is telling in and of itself and I should probably expect NZ to take it out by ~15. Gonna be a cracker in any case I am sure.

Sure Kiwiwomble - any of these top teams having a bad run can beat us if we take them for granted... ABs tend to go into all tests pretty focused though.

As for this match, wow, a 100 hey. I wouldn't be surprised if NZ took it by 30+ and would also not be surprised if we took it by 6-. I suppose that is telling in and of itself and I should probably expect NZ to take it out by ~15. Gonna be a cracker in any case I am sure.
Yeah, going to be a great occasion with 100 tests coming up between our two countries - expecting it to be an absolute ripper ! ...can hear the bone crunching tackles already ;)

a great pub quiz question for a down the track, where was the 100th games between them played

Such tripe.

Wow it seems the Boks really trigger you hey. Name one team whos record in the last 10 years isnt abysmal vs the All Blacks please.

Last 5 games vs ABS (last 5 years):

23-13
16-16
32-30
34-36
25-24

Wow it seems the Boks really trigger you hey. Name one team whos record in the last 10 years isnt abysmal vs the All Blacks please.

Last 5 games vs ABS (last 5 years):

23-13
16-16
32-30
34-36
25-24
if you're going back 5 years, you probably should've mentioned the other game in 2017.

Latest posts