• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League 2 Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate it how Mario tried to keep assuring us that it was still coming out on time, even when he would have known it wouldn't be.

He didn't keep assuring us of anything. He said that as far as he knows.....

He always said it was subject to change.

Fair play. Mario was ALWAYS non commital, he always said it was subject to what SIDHE said, and if it needs delaying, it needs delaying.

It might involve a wait but I suspect it will be very much worth the while.

He frequently reiterated that the game's release date was still set for September even though it would have been painfully obvious that it was indeed going to be pushed back.

But he didn't say it was definitely going to be released in September. If it makes the game better, I'm all for it.

wouldnt you think with the game "coming out late 2005" that they may as well delay it to coincide with the start of season 2006? that way the game wont be out of date the minute its released.

The thing is, and im not ragging on Mario (I probably am but...) He refused to even listien to the notion of the game being delayed.

If this means they can include Left Footed Kickers and actually have the players age in the Franchise Mode (that could be the killer for the Mode this time round) Ill be happy.

guess this means a late october to november release or even later maybe around christmans time. Hopefully this means they might update the roosters to the 2006 season with the extra time they have. On the bright side maybe a demo will be released now that the game has been pushed back a bit.

I reckon we should have a demo as some sort of comforter of our disapointment. I only now stopped crying over the news.

i am reloading my gun
<

screw you mario

its great having developers on the forums

there no point being there if your going to lie, or avoid the black n white questions

be in hiding until the game hits the shelves

make ur deadlines and stop posting

FFS this is poor form

even after you re-iterated september for so long

Rugby Challenge now takes the front seat

And if NRL2 is delayed till late 2006 - what Christmas again??...put joey in warrington now!!!

I can assume the melbourne cup challenge will be delayed aswell

You have tried to protect urselves against the EA ploy of bad release dates - Yet u have failed in that, giving a range of timeframe and still couldnt deliver

We'd rather have a delayed concrete date - than a delayed estimate again!!!

Late 2005 pffffffffffffft.........thats a joke

a. cricket season
b. summer
c. by the time we get hyped up for the 2006 season - we'll be playing with 2005 rosters

I agree 100% delay the game till 2006 season - update the rosters, jerseys and schedule - and include anything else you may scrap just to make the late 2005 deadline

A Way to lead your customers on - Sidhe/Hes mission statement, funded by governing taxes and lead by bearucrats
<

Originally posted by Ripper+Sep 6 2005, 07:55 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Sep 6 2005, 07:55 AM)</div>
If this means they can include Left Footed Kickers and actually have the players age in the Franchise Mode (that could be the killer for the Mode this time round) Ill be happy.[/b]

Left footed kickers and retirements are already in. Confirmed a few weeks ago.

<!--QuoteBegin-ak47

We'd rather have a delayed concrete date - than a delayed estimate again!!!

You still seem to have trouble understanding the fundamental difficulties and uncertainty of game development. There is no such thing as a concrete date, delayed or otherwise, unless you are the type of developer/publisher who is prepared to compromise your product by releasing it regardless of any issues you may be aware exist.

As I have contended all along, September was an estimated window and up until very recently we were on track to hit that window. We have decided to continue development to ensure the game reaches its potential Given we made that decision yesterday and informed the forums within hours of making that decision, I'd say that actually we have been quite proactive in informing our customers what the situation is.

I seem to remember you being very vocal last time about how we should have taken more time to work on the game. Now we make that hard decision, and it seems that isn't good enough either. You want a definite release date, but aren't even happy when we shift our estimated window. You want definitive answers to black and white questions that haven't even been resolved yet.

Feel free to continue your ranting - just bear in mind it isn't constructive at all.

I agree. Ak47, pull your head in mate, they are developing a videogame. That involves work. I still want to see a 2005 release, I couldn't care less about rosters, I just want a fun game.

Originally posted by Mario+Sep 6 2005, 11:09 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Sep 6 2005, 11:09 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Sep 6 2005, 07:55 AM
If this means they can include Left Footed Kickers and actually have the players age in the Franchise Mode (that could be the killer for the Mode this time round) Ill be happy.

Feel free to continue your ranting - just bear in mind it isn't constructive at all.

[/b]
no kidding its not constructive - I know it isnt, i am frustrated

there's alot of things unconstructive with regards to this thread and game

so why dont we all get demolishing and bashing and self destruct

This game coming out in the middle of the cricket season FFS

I have every right to be disgruntled and this has been paid, done and dusted...nearly a full year till i receive it.....now that aint right, and nobody has to tell me otherwise

You wont get any sense outta me for a few days - Nothing!!
<

Originally posted by ak47@Sep 6 2005, 12:07 PM
no kidding its not constructive - I know it isnt, i am frustrated
Just so you are aware, everybody here at Sidhe is frustrated too. Obviously, we would have liked to have hit our original estimates as well, but things haven't panned out that way.

Everybody here is still working hard to make sure we deliver the best game we can, so do please consider we are making every effort on behalf of the fans.

I am sure lots of fans are disappointed with the delay I know I was when i found out. this game though is not the first to suffer a delay and almost every game that is released misses the estimated release date. I don't think SIDHE will be happy at missing their september window either and will be doing everything in their power to get it released as quickly as possible.

Meah, at least Mario never gave a semi-definite date, makes the delay less annoying.

However I am a little annoyed that $100 is now sitting in Gamesmans account instead of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts