• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League 2 & Xbox Live

L

locksley

Does ANYBODY ever play this game over Xbox Live?????

I bought a new xbox recently, mainly cos the rugby games were going cheap (I got Rugby 06 & Rugby challenge - £19.99 for both of them together), so I thought I may as well buy RL2 on Xbox to give it a try. I have to say, after messing about with sliders and playing 40 minute games, I'm enjoying it much more than I thought I would. The main thing for me, is the cheat to stop you tapping the button, the game play s much better for it.

Anyway, I hooked up to xbox live and no matter what time of night or day, there's NEVER anybody on there!!! :(

Are there any TRF users who play this game on Live? If so, let us know and I'll have you a game.

I bought a new xbox recently, mainly cos the rugby games were going cheap (I got Rugby 06 & Rugby challenge - £19.99 for both of them together), so I thought I may as well buy RL2 on Xbox to give it a try. I have to say, after messing about with sliders and playing 40 minute games, I'm enjoying it much more than I thought I would. The main thing for me, is the cheat to stop you tapping the button, the game play s much better for it.

Anyway, I hooked up to xbox live and no matter what time of night or day, there's NEVER anybody on there!!! :(

Are there any TRF users who play this game on Live? If so, let us know and I'll have you a game.
[/b]
There doesn't seem to be many people playing on live here in australasia either. I've only seen a few people who play on live mention that they do on the sidhe forums. Not sure why many X-boxers aren't getting online with it, may have something to do with the majority who own the game being young kids not having or being able to get X-box live?, I dunno maybe it's popularity?, seems like it's doing ok sales wise from reports. There just doesn't seem to be any interest in the live mode at all as far as I can tell.

Try Halo if thats your thang, there are never short of a few hundred people on there to play...you have thousands upon thousands logging on that game very day.

Try Halo if thats your thang, there are never short of a few hundred people on there to play...you have thousands upon thousands logging on that game very day.
[/b]

Yeah, I think the point is that people want to play RUGBY LEAGUE online and not an FPS... I personally wouldn't touch HALO with a 10 foot pole.

rented dis out..to see if anything changed since playin it on ps2...still sux balls

doesnt it annoy you (if you stay in new zealand or aus) how pretty much ALL the game publishers from magazines n websites kiss ass over this game?"oh its a wonderful game..and a great achievement and blah blah im gay and sidhe paid me under tha table"..its pitiful,embarassing and disgusting...one of the most ugly sports games on the next gen consoles

i only hope the best for the next version but you stupid zombies who back up this game on the effort of it being made rather than the true substance of playability and the true substance gameplay are idiots..open ya eyes and take a stand for your own entertainment for a QUALITY GAME!

It also looks like RL2 could have possibly killed off the chance of an RL3. While Rugby 2006 still seems to be going strong, RL2 can be picked up very cheaply.

It certainly isnt in development and for a so called ongoing franchise thats just not the way it works is it ?

After spending nearly 2 weeks on it, the same word can be used for the xbox version as well as PS2 and PC.... BIN :(

I honestly think that could be the last we see of a League game for some years. I also suspect that if we do see another it could be produced by someone else other than SIDHE.

They rolled on straight from RL1 to RL2. RL2 sales I believe have been better than RL1 so why would they stop now ?

Maybe HES think they can get a better product elsewhere ?

I honestly think that could be the last we see of a League game for some years. I also suspect that if we do see another it could be produced by someone else other than SIDHE.

They rolled on straight from RL1 to RL2. RL2 sales I believe have been better than RL1 so why would they stop now ?

[/b]

Yeah, they've stated that there's no RL3 in production at the moment, so maybe that's the last one they'll make? I know all their energy is directed at making their stupid "Jackass" video game (seriously, that's got to be the dumbest game idea I've heard), so that's probably a factor, but I still can't see why they wouldn't at least start on RL3 production.
Meh, maybe if it goes to another developer they'll do a better job?! Then again it may go to the guys who did AFL ... and if that happens :suicide2:

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Yeah, they've stated that there's no RL3 in production at the moment, so maybe that's the last one they'll make? I know all their energy is directed at making their stupid "Jackass" video game (seriously, that's got to be the dumbest game idea I've heard), so that's probably a factor, but I still can't see why they wouldn't at least start on RL3 production.
Meh, maybe if it goes to another developer they'll do a better job?! Then again it may go to the guys who did AFL ... and if that happens :suicide2:
[/b][/quote]

They said the exact same thing with RL2, didnt announce it til about a year after RL, but they'd obviously been working on it from the get-go.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

They said the exact same thing with RL2, didnt announce it til about a year after RL, but they'd obviously been working on it from the get-go.
[/b][/quote]

Not quite... early after RL1 they said that nothing was in production, but within 6 months it went from being a definate "no we are not making it" to a far more ambiguous "we cannot confirm nor deny anything on the prospect of a RL sequel". We are now at almost a year past the release of RL2, so the fact they are still giving a flat out 'NO' is pretty conclusive... I personally do hope they make another one, because, despite its problems, RL2 was certainly a game moving in the right direction IMO.

How bout they get MCC out the door before speculating anything

MCC is 1 year overdue, sitting on the shelf collecting dust awaiting its marketing release window

Was finished production some time ago i believe, with a few drips n drabs added on thruout the year, as its awaiting the perfect marketing window - spring carnival

[/b]

Yeah i always thought this would happen, but i still wanted the feature included.

Latest posts