• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League 3

G

getofmeland

So come on what do people think are the possibilities of a next gen version of Rugby League Series, I know there has been a lot of talk about it but nothing confirmed about it...

So do you think it will happen??

I'd say they will make another Rugby League game, but not until atleast next year.

I'd really like to see a world cup feature in it so that the minnow nations can get some exposure. The players from those countries would really get a kick out of having computerised versions of them hehe and to a certain extent, i think it would promote the game. Bring it on i say!

well online play would be good if its better than the online play from the last game. but there wasnt really a market for online play imo, its not that big a ***le.

I dont even know if they will make a rugby league 3. is it worth them doing it again? are they making enough money out of 1 and 2? i woudlnt be surprised if there wasnt one :)

even if we do see it

i wont buy it without renting

they are on 3 strikes

stick to MCC - thats quality

next-gen costs money and sidhe aren't exactly huge so would need big backing from a publisher to do so. also the ps3 is not even out yet in aus/nz etc which would defintely be a target for sidhe I would think since the success of gripshift on the psp especially.

I am sure another league game would be made but defintly not when the next-gen consoles aren't yet out everywhere in the targert markets. whether or not that means a 2008 version which includes the world cup remains to be seen.

i dont think ps3 is a big issue for sidhe, they have already ported gripshit from psp to ps3 so i dont think it would be a huge effort for them to port the engine to ps3 for league. just having the money and the time to make all the highdef textures might be a bit of a mission. also their engine might be shown up a bit graphics wise if it isnt done properly.

yes they would have to improve the engine a great deal to bring it up to nex-gen specs. and I think the ps3 is a big deal for league because it will mean more sales and therefore money. the ps3 isn't out yet in a lot of their target markets for a league game so I doubt we would see one this year but perhaps an outside chance next year with it being the world cup if not then 2009 would be the year we see a league game if sidhe are still keen.

yes they would have to improve the engine a great deal to bring it up to nex-gen specs. and I think the ps3 is a big deal for league because it will mean more sales and therefore money. the ps3 isn't out yet in a lot of their target markets for a league game so I doubt we would see one this year but perhaps an outside chance next year with it being the world cup if not then 2009 would be the year we see a league game if sidhe are still keen.
[/b]
They should be keen, the League series is only their biggest seller.

I just hope they can get the backing to put out one last game sooner for PS2 and PC so we don't have to wait another two or three years for a next gen version.

all i hope for is a quality playable game....come on mario im sure its not that hard...

all i hope for is a quality playable game....come on mario im sure its not that hard...
[/b]

RL2 is testement that SIDHE struggle with benchmarks such as quality and playable. Sidhe wernt up to last gen never mind next gen.

Maybe they should have one more crack at it, hopefully it'd be a case of 3rd time lucky.

Lot of work to be done, it must be said. I tried having another go at it the other week and I found it nigh on unplayable...

RL1 was far better than RL2 IMHO. If you ask me, gameplay was definately second to graphics, online and franchise. Again IMHO that was a huge mistake that im surprised SIDHE needed to learn.

I thought RL1 was an amazing product considering the development time and probably small budget. I had big, big hopes for RL2. That it seems was my mistake.

I would prefer the development on Ea Rugby to go on gameplay rather than adding the groundbreaking back of the box features like " Real time grass growing ".

Am yet to play a decent league game, and as a fan of the code that's disappointing...

Am yet to play a decent league game, and as a fan of the code that's disappointing... [/b]

I agree, but if you consider the popularity of league and the money it would cost to produce a very good league game, i might not be that cost effective as a result of sales. Then again, it couldn't cost too much to develop i guess.

One day we'll get something half decent. By then TRF will be a huge influence in the rugby world :p

if they make this game i just hope they'll have a version for American consoles - which won't happen - however i'll buy the pc version if there is one - the last two were good IMO

Latest posts