• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League Manager 2008

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Dec 4 2008, 06:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fred187 @ Dec 3 2008, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Dec 3 2008, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fred187 @ Dec 2 2008, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Dec 2 2008, 07:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
looks like a hoax lolage probs a mod 4 a game.[/b]

Okay then... :p

Why exactly would anybody go to all that trouble for a hoax? Who would they even be hoaxing?

Is the above post a hoax?
[/b][/quote]

is the above post made by a gay?

why dont u read it properly it could be a hoax but actually a mod for a game and there just made an internet page for it to get loads of people hyped and i google searched it and its unprofessional theres no database of it on any game websites.

use your knowledge if you have any.
[/b][/quote]

Anyone who thinks that questioning somebody's sexuality is a legitimate insult is quite blatently an inadequate human being. Your theory, while very interesting, fails on two fronts: firstly, what game would that be a mod of? Nobody has the modding expertise to transform a Football managing game into a Rugby management game - it's too different. Also, the Rugby League fanbase isn't big enough for such a hoax to be worth the maker's while - when he turned around and said: "Ha ha! I was joking", very few people would truely care. Of course it's unprofessional - it's freeware.

Use your reading skills, if you have any.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Dec 4 2008, 05:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Dec 2 2008, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
jesus christ steynboi you actually get offended over anything he didnt say anything about you and you turn round and start lipping off. he asked a valid question and instead of answering you decided to call him gay and an idiot

nice and mature[/b]

no he neg repped me for saying that was a hoax there was no need.

my attitude has been fine i haven't done anything latley.
[/b][/quote]

You said something very stupid (not to mention disrepectful to whoever dedicates their time to making this game), and actually used the term 'lolage' - I think there was plenty of need.

Anyway, I'll cut you a deal. SInce you're so sure of the sense behind what you say, then why don't we have a friendly wager on whether or not this game is real? Since you love your 'rep' so much, then those can be the stakes - if the game isn't released, then I'll take away (if it's possible) the 'neg rep' I gave you. If it is, then you have to do that for me.
[/b][/quote]

ok that is a deal. sorted.
[/b][/quote]

Just to outline the terms - the loser must change the winner's negative rep to positive, and, as the site predicts a 'late December' release, then you win if the game isn't out by New Year.

Back on topic, what are everybody's thoughts on the game? I'd say the match engine looks pretty good - the only thing that looks like it really needs improvement is the sound, and mabye a couple of the menus.

well if it is real then it looks good; i still think it's an elaborate mod/ conversion of FM.

hopefully it won't be as crap as other rugby games.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Dec 12 2008, 06:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
well if it is real then it looks good; i still think it's an elaborate mod/ conversion of FM.

hopefully it won't be as crap as other rugby games.[/b]

Take my word for this, as someone who is aspiring to a future career in the videogames industry: it wold be equally (if not more) difficult to create a Rugby League mod for FM as it would be to make the game from sratch. The feature requirements are just so different that you'd have to be a genius modder to turn one sport into another - just imagine trying to mod FIFA into a Rugby game.

If it's the RL equivalent of FM, I'll be happy, so long as the designer doesn't turn into an arrogant jamook, like SI have.

hmmm nah i wont give u back your point lol. just joking i will.

i still dont think you should neg people on there opinions cus thats just stupid.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Dec 13 2008, 05:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
hmmm nah i wont give u back your point lol. just joking i will.

i still dont think you should neg people on there opinions cus thats just stupid.[/b]

I 'negged' you on the cynicism of your approach rather than the opinion itself. But anyway, because I'm actually quite nice, I'll give you back your point as well.

Moreover, have you tried the game?

no but i will try it when im back from the quatom of ****.

hopefully my cousin is in it for huddersfield giant.

Oh, right. Are you not at all English, then?

Also, have you found some time to check the game out?

i started with Harlequins RL.

I'm being totally honest, it's good for something to download for free but it's quite amateurish in its presentation and how easy it is to control. For example I picked my squad for the first match 3 times since the game doesn't remember what positions you put people in. There needs to be a more sophisticated help section. I should be able to bring up a page of stats by clicking on a player's name. And the match part needs a pause function (unless I missed it).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fred187 @ Dec 13 2008, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Oh, right. Are you not at all English, then?

Also, have you found some time to check the game out?[/b]

my mum and sister was english and my dad was south african that splits me 50%. half half but i choose south africa!

downloading now!

if i enjoy it so much i might even make a patch for it in 2009 on ea rugby 06/08.

22% complete

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Dec 14 2008, 11:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i started with Harlequins RL.

I'm being totally honest, it's good for something to download for free but it's quite amateurish in its presentation and how easy it is to control. For example I picked my squad for the first match 3 times since the game doesn't remember what positions you put people in. There needs to be a more sophisticated help section. I should be able to bring up a page of stats by clicking on a player's name. And the match part needs a pause function (unless I missed it).[/b]

I think pause is under 'options', it's definitely there though (I've used it). There's certainly a lot to improve on, but I think it's a great start. I contacted the developer with some feedback/suggestions, but also to say how impressed I was, and he replied to say he would take it to heart, but wasn't sure whether he would continue development. I really hope he does - the main thing I want is some kind of multiplayer.

I'm quite interested about this game, but i don't find a list of available teams in this game! Are TOP 14, Celtic League, Super14 there or just a part of it?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Odeon @ Dec 15 2008, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm quite interested about this game, but i don't find a list of available teams in this game! Are TOP 14, Celtic League, Super14 there or just a part of it?[/b]

It's Rugby League, so no. It's definitely worth a try, though - it's free.

i tried to go to season but where i selected huddersfield giants and didnt know where to go from there.

needs better navigation but it looks good.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Dec 15 2008, 05:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i tried to go to season but where i selected huddersfield giants and didnt know where to go from there.

needs better navigation but it looks good.[/b]

True - the menu system could do with some work. I think the button to start a new game is in the bottom left - if you mouse over it you should be able to select a difficulty.

Latest posts