• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League Manager 2008

Thousands if we wanted every english league/team/cups/players etc, then the other leagues and national teams on top. Honestly it wouldn't be worth us going commercial and licensing it, and then not making very much back on it, so it would either be one or two teams like Pro Evolution Soccer, or none at all with an editor. The 2009 version will be free though and as such can use the teams/players etc

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cmb211087 @ Apr 21 2009, 02:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thousands if we wanted every english league/team/cups/players etc, then the other leagues and national teams on top. Honestly it wouldn't be worth us going commercial and licensing it, and then not making very much back on it, so it would either be one or two teams like Pro Evolution Soccer, or none at all with an editor. The 2009 version will be free though and as such can use the teams/players etc[/b]

Wow, so we're talking thousands for the lot? Thousands being under ten thousand? If so, thats damn cheap (compared to what I expected). I respect you decision not to use them, I have a personal interest in the price of NRL and SL licensing and am in no postion to make the enquiry myself.

So using kits teams and names pose no legal threat as long as the game is free?

Well keep up the great work cmb211087!! This game is freakin addictive, I'm a big manager game fanatic and to have one for one of my favourite sports is wicked. Would it be too much to ask to be able to have a editor in the next version? I'm padantic when it comes to having up to date rosters.

Well I only own the publisher, Black Dragon Games (where you can find the downloads of rlm 05 and 08 by the way) and I in no way have anything to do with the design of the game, that would be Alex (Melalucia on the bdg forums). If you would like to ask him questions, he posts on the bdg forums from time to time so it would be best asking him there. Its a .co.uk address ;-)

Also CeeJay, the items are still copyrighted, and you can be asked to take them out of the game, however as long as everything is free and you are not making money off it commercially, they can not take legal action against you, as I understand it.

Latest posts