• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League Manager 2008

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Jan 19 2009, 01:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fred187 @ Jan 14 2009, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
An update to this game should be released around the end of January - quite a long list of fixes and improvements, might I add.[/b]

Good. I really need something to make it easier. I played with St Helens, recruited the best coaches around and still lost my first few games 30something nil. Wait, in one game i scored a try... woop woop.

[/b][/quote]

Were you selecting your own squad and your own tactics? If you just go with what the automatic settings, they are often quite stupid. Don't go for too many wide balls - with a team like the Saints, you can often make big breaks just by scooting a lot, and there is much less risk of knocking on (which happens ridiculously regularly from passes).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Feb 5 2009, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Are the Crusaders playable in this?[/b]

No, it covers the 2008 season. The developer mentioned the possibility of a new version for the 2009 season, though - but it probably won't be out for a while...

Is this website still up? I've clicked on the link and it loads up about half way then stops! :wall:

I think it is almost certain that it has gone commercial. keywords of partnership,develop and publish are used, which seem to be hinting that money is/has changed hands and that the game will be available in some sort of retail capacity

from the black dragon games site

Black Dragon Games are pleased to announce the start of a partnership with Melalucia Projects to develop and publish the forthcoming Rugby League Manager 09. Scheduled for summer 2009, RLM09 will allow users the ability to manage a team of rugby league players on a day to day basis.

For those eager to see what is in store, BDG are offering the last incarnation, RLM08, on our website (in the download section), which will also be updated to include features and screenshots in the future. RLM08 is a free download.

For updates, please visit our forums or www.rugbyleaguemanager.co.uk

LOL!! good for that guy!! He did all the hard work and the publisher probably looked at it and thought, f*** me all this needs is a few bug fixes and a roster update and whipped up a deal. Easy money for the publisher, great for the guy who made it, even if he only gets peanuts hell be feeling like a million bucks! I for one will be buying this to support garage gamers and rugby gaming!! great!

Good on him. I did try and convince him to use TRF as his official forum but he obviously had these wheels in motion. Fair play, I say.

If it is commercial (as is looking likely) then I'll almost certainly buy it. However - the only thing that throws me is the fact that all of 'Black Dragon Games' other releases have been free - they seem to make their money through advertising. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Seems a 3D match engine is in the works:

1_3D.jpg

Also, I just realised - this can't be a commercial release without Super League licensing...

That looks quite good. The players look like theyre wearing skirts and hats, but Im sure thats just due to it being an early throw togther.

They will need a license. Perhaps thats what the publisher will negociate for him. Who knows how much it would cost. The alternative is to release it unlicensed pro evo style. Obviously an unlicensed manager loses alot of appeal but it could be edited or even modded pretty easily.

Just to clear up a few things: I co-own BDG and at the moment we release all our games as freeware. We specialize in doing this and that is why Alex chose us to promote the RLM series. He creates it, does whatever he wants with it, we host/advertise/give him space on our forum etc. Gets us members and gets the rlm series exposure, so good for us both. If we where to go commercial with it, the license is hella expensive (we have enquired) and so it would likely be unlicensed but with a advanced editor, but again all up to Alex. Also if it did go commercial it probably wouldn't be until 2010/11 at the earliest. We make our money off advertisements (not a lot as nobody clicks and then buys) and donations via our paypal.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cmb211087 @ Apr 17 2009, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Just to clear up a few things: I co-own BDG and at the moment we release all our games as freeware. We specialize in doing this and that is why Alex chose us to promote the RLM series. He creates it, does whatever he wants with it, we host/advertise/give him space on our forum etc. Gets us members and gets the rlm series exposure, so good for us both. If we where to go commercial with it, the license is hella expensive (we have enquired) and so it would likely be unlicensed but with a advanced editor, but again all up to Alex. Also if it did go commercial it probably wouldn't be until 2010/11 at the earliest. We make our money off advertisements (not a lot as nobody clicks and then buys) and donations via our paypal.[/b]

Thanks for the info. New site is up as well, guys:

http://www.rugbyleaguemanager.co.uk/About.php

This is definitely one to watch...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cmb211087 @ Apr 17 2009, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Just to clear up a few things: I co-own BDG and at the moment we release all our games as freeware. We specialize in doing this and that is why Alex chose us to promote the RLM series. He creates it, does whatever he wants with it, we host/advertise/give him space on our forum etc. Gets us members and gets the rlm series exposure, so good for us both. If we where to go commercial with it, the license is hella expensive (we have enquired) and so it would likely be unlicensed but with a advanced editor, but again all up to Alex. Also if it did go commercial it probably wouldn't be until 2010/11 at the earliest. We make our money off advertisements (not a lot as nobody clicks and then buys) and donations via our paypal.[/b]

Yeah thanks for the info. When you say the license is expensive, are we talking tens of thousands.......or hundreds (surely not anywhere near a million!?)

Latest posts