• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League Manager 2008

man i was on easy and i was getting ass raped 50-0 each game when i was the giants.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Dec 16 2008, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
man i was on easy and i was getting ass raped 50-0 each game when i was the giants.[/b]

Yeah, it's difficult. Were you leaving the team on auto-manage? You can only really play to your full potential by managing everything yourself.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Dec 15 2008, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
man i was on easy and i was getting ass raped 50-0 each game when i was the giants.[/b]

I I started as St Helens on easy and got pooed on 36-0. Every time I had an overlap one of my so-called stars dropped the ball...

I Havent got this yet but am surprised at the little amount of interest here on the rugby forum considering its free and apparently pretty good!

I had a quick go of this yesterday, just a quick one. Didnt get around to playing a game. I was a bit annoyed i couldnt pick an NRL team eh. I just want to play as the Eels. But i picked the rhinos. Its not as intuitive as you would hope, a couple of funny things going on but it does look quite nice.

I need a bit more of a play with it, i couldnt get my salary cap down to 1.8 mil. i was about 500k over o_O and i didnt want to loose any of my "stars". I dont know much about the players over there.

I've played one or two games. I can't get my players fit to the level the computer does but that'll be my fault. It's very complex but it's also very good.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Dec 19 2008, 09:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I've played one or two games. I can't get my players fit to the level the computer does but that'll be my fault. It's very complex but it's also very good.[/b]

Hire a 5-star fitness coach (or two), and assign him (or them) to train your first team - that ought to do the trick.

And how do I keep them fit during a game? I am absolutely loving this - I'm just not very good at it!

I'll put it on my laptop and it should hopefully work. it doesn't want to install on my xp 64 bit install on my main pc gaming rig but I'll chuck it on my laptop that is running xp 32 bit and give it a go over christmas etc.

With a a few tweaks this could be a retail game. I know the license issue will prevent that from happening, but Ive payed lots of money for games worse than this (RL2) Im not a big manger fan, and know very little about super league players and teams, but this an amazing solo effort.

you should get the guy that made the game to come down to the forum to collaborate our ideas and what we need to be fixed that always works with the community which is why ea show a blind eye to becuase there lazy.

SUCK OUT EA.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Dec 22 2008, 09:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
you should get the guy that made the game to come down to the forum to collaborate our ideas and what we need to be fixed that always works with the community which is why ea show a blind eye to becuase there lazy.

SUCK OUT EA.[/b]

I know St Helens RLFC has sent a message to him, but he seems to have affiliated unofficially with rlfans.com forum

Reckon if some of our mods could insert better kits or / and player pictures it would be interesting!

An update to this game should be released around the end of January - quite a long list of fixes and improvements, might I add.

Yeah, Im waiting for that. Had to give up on this version, too much trouble to get smacked every game. To his credit though, he trying to fix it. and if he fixes all the issues then its game on.

I'm guessing you play as Wakey or Cas? I had a couple of unbeaten seasons with Wigan, but I've gotten into some financial trouble with them, so I signed on for Wakey, and I've yet to see how it works out...

The patch looks almost done, though; the only things not counted as finished are the quick play-the-ball feature and varied kick-offs.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fred187 @ Jan 14 2009, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
An update to this game should be released around the end of January - quite a long list of fixes and improvements, might I add.[/b]

Good. I really need something to make it easier. I played with St Helens, recruited the best coaches around and still lost my first few games 30something nil. Wait, in one game i scored a try... woop woop.

Latest posts