• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2011 Official Game

If a simple typo when writing a foot note is a problem to you, I'm sure your attention span is long enough to wait and see.

Surely we are not going back to the debate, 'How long a piece of string is?'

This is great news, pretty much worth the wait for the new news. Can't wait for the HB and 505 team to release more specific details on the game, such as licensing, soon. Thought this game would be called 'IRB' Rugby World cup 2011. Splendid, keep the info keeping team!

Gutted about it only being a world cup game (which is probably why they changed the name to 2011 unstead of Rugby 2012) but online is something i was doubting they'd produce this time round, so thats a plus.

505 involved....backbreaker game mechanics ?

Also I shotgun playing the winner of Duckdee and Olyy

Think the people talking about this game lacking longevity due to no club teams are missing the point.

Longevity is guaranteed only by quality of gameplay, and HB will be under no illusions of the need to deliver on that front. I was a bit disappointed to hear that club teams probably won't be there, but as bullitt said this is only a preliminary to several other announcements, and ultimately I won't mind playing england versus scotland in the world cup ad nauseam as long as the the gameplay is compelling, realistic and fun. Thats what keeps you playing. Thats also why despite the amazing efforts of TRF on projects such as MUP and the Rugby 10 patch, I don't play rugby 08 anymore because it doesnt, for me, have that quality of gameplay.

Think the people talking about this game lacking longevity due to no club teams are missing the point.

Longevity is guaranteed only by quality of gameplay, and HB will be under no illusions of the need to deliver on that front. I was a bit disappointed to hear that club teams probably won't be there, but as bullitt said this is only a preliminary to several other announcements, and ultimately I won't mind playing england versus scotland in the world cup ad nauseam as long as the the gameplay is compelling, realistic and fun. Thats what keeps you playing. Thats also why despite the amazing efforts of TRF on projects such as MUP and the Rugby 10 patch, I don't play rugby 08 anymore because it doesnt, for me, have that quality of gameplay.

Hear, hear.

France 196-0 Georgia, 10 minute halves.
28 tries, 28 conversions.

Beat that. ;)

I bet My Xbox will get the red rings of death the day I get this game...Like it did christmas morning two years ago...when every present I got was related to Xbox....

In my house that Christmas is affectionately known as "the year Killian put his fist through the plasterboard wall".

well i gotta say, i fancy myself as a half decent gamer, but i fear that i will get my arse handed to me on a plate playing this online :p :p So i think i'll be practicing like F!!k to have the courage to play some of you guys on here, still to this day haven't played RLL online (mostly because the aussies have had some 2 months practice over me).
I think i will cream if it has BB mechanics, personally i find that game way more entertaining to play than Madden. One thing that BB did extremely well was make Defence fun (those collisions are beautiful) (saying that it was natural motion and not 505 that developed the game so i guess we're probs getting ahead of ourselves). Anyways, looking forward hugely to the coming months :D

also Looking way too much into what's been said
"National rivalries, venues and player personalities" - Is that a gameplay feature that will be in the game - Individual running styles, steps, fends etc etc.
Also HB Studios' site states that they are "finishing up Rugby". well we certainly have something to look forward to :D :D
(discuss)

Can we bear in mind all harbingers of doom, this is a first official announcement, NOT FINAL.

Myself and Charlie had a very frank and open conversation with AJ ans the representative of 505 (I'll allow him to introduce himself here before naming names) and there is plenty more to come over the coming months. However, what we want is feedback - What you like, what you're keen on, where you hope things are going etc. In return we plan to release more and more info is a steady stream, wetting your appetites!

Thank you.

To be fair there's not a lot to give feedback on! It's not much of an announcement really: they're making a World Cup game [wow, in a WC year too!] and it'll be online [Q&A Vol.3 said that DLC will be talked about in the coming months, so online surely HAD to figure].

It's all a bit underwhelming, considering this instalment is arriving over four years after the previous effort. I know they haven't ruled out club teams but their lack of mention in the official press release doesn't exactly bode well. I know that a lack of information at present is no indication of a lack of content when the game is shipped, but HB is continuing to do a woeful job of hyping their own product to a board full of hardcore fans. Let's be honest, we'd get excited about just about any information at the moment, so the fact that the official press release has told us nothing that hasn't already been covered is a bit strange. Surely waiting until there is something to shout about would have been a better option than officially releasing information that has been unofficially released months ago. Oh well...

Lastly, I'll say that if the WC is to be the only tournament included in the game I hope there will be a random pooling mode - there are only so many times you would want to play the same group stage en route to the same QFs, semis and final (a la Rugby 2008). The saying goes that "no news is good news." Let's hope that is applicable where Rugby WC 2011 is concerned!

Last edited:
Margaret off Yarrow, what's that all about? lol :lol:

I played for Marist for a season. Just played and got drunk all the time. Easiest time of my life!!

If the game is lacking club teams and is restricted to international teams, could make up for this loss with more international competitions. There is still the 6 nations and the tri/4 nations. The Pacific Nations Cup, Churchill cup and so on and so forth.
Big announcement in my opinion and well over due. I look forward to seeing how Sidhe will counter this announcement and look forward to both teams releasing more news.!!

Southland Stags!!

Can we bear in mind all harbingers of doom, this is a first official announcement, NOT FINAL.

Myself and Charlie had a very frank and open conversation with AJ ans the representative of 505 (I'll allow him to introduce himself here before naming names) and there is plenty more to come over the coming months. However, what we want is feedback - What you like, what you're keen on, where you hope things are going etc. In return we plan to release more and more info is a steady stream, wetting your appetites!

Thank you.

Thanks Bullitt.

I think its fair to say people will always argue about what details they want added etc but I think its important for fans and HB that the game has longevity. Realistically if we're going to get a game every four years it would be nice to have a number of leagues (or just editing) optional. It just lets the game live longer.

I think clubs will be involved, if not I'd be expecting something very special in the gameplay.

either way i have faith.

Latest posts