• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2011 Official Game

No club teams?! That's very very poor when you consider games like Fifa where you can play as every playable team under the sun! Might just wait till after the World Cup and buy it second hand as the price will plummet by Christmas

I'm surprised that no-one has asked about the licensing? Are the official All Blacks and Australian teams going to be in it due to the other ***le that has secured those licenses? Will those teams be editable? Or will they be the two teams that you'll just have to play with invented name players? I guess we shall hear at some point soon. Maybe.

I'm surprised that no-one has asked about the licensing? Are the official All Blacks and Australian teams going to be in it due to the other ***le that has secured those licenses? Will those teams be editable? Or will they be the two teams that you'll just have to play with invented name players? I guess we shall hear at some point soon. Maybe.

Thats a good point there dude, Will be very interesting to see and official world cup game without "arguably" the biggest team in world rugby (enter abuse). Its kinda like having a Fifa world cup game without Brazil licensed :p :p all in time i guess :D

BTW, I totally called this:

I can't help but think we're taking the inclusion of club teams for granted...

I wasn't even thinking about if the teams will be licensed or not, but whether there will be clubs at all. It's just a feeling I have from the fact that the game is coming out for the RWC, the "15 faces" post, and (even though it's not related) Ashes Cricket.

/egostroking

BTW, I totally called this:

/egostroking

Fair call. Good work, I don't think anyone else could've claimed that they've said something similar. Now to hear if it's a fully licensed World Cup.

My honest feeling is that it isn't. I'd love to be wrong, but the press release does not mention licensing for all teams, so I fear that New Zealand and Australia may not be there with official squads.

I'm sure HB have given their all to have done so if they could though. I'm still very, very happy to hear the news though. I'm sure they'll have nailed the game-play and the presentation will be first rate, so I guess it just my worries with that one little question now.

so happy they're releasing the game. However, a few more details would be nice! I suspecty however it will follow the format of the previous football world cup games such as the one realeased in 2010 also by HB studios.

looking to pre-order now!

considering it's the official rugby world cup game i think the teams have a good chance of being licensed. can't wait for August!! well if i have a ps3 or xbox by then...

considering it's the official rugby world cup game i think the teams have a good chance of being licensed. can't wait for August!! well if i have a ps3 or xbox by then...

I very much hope your right! We don't know as yet though. Fingers crossed. :D

Yeah it kinda of sounds like that they probably won't be licensed from the statements that Sidhe have released on their forums. Although its a shame I still don't think it would detract from the game that much if it still plays excellently. I think we do live in a gaming society now where we take licensing for granted because that is the level that is reached for every time. Fifa of course sets the bar very highly with full licensing and great gameplay.

We have to say though that Fifa has been around for 20 years and it is a tough ask for two brand new games to reach this level immediately, so I will just wait to see what I think when they are in my PS3 in August. At the end of the day I will still buy both games and I will play the one that I enjoy the most more! :)

There will be a DLC that insert clubs in the game?

Yeah it kinda of sounds like that they probably won't be licensed from the statements that Sidhe have released on their forums. Although its a shame I still don't think it would detract from the game that much if it still plays excellently. I think we do live in a gaming society now where we take licensing for granted because that is the level that is reached for every time. Fifa of course sets the bar very highly with full licensing and great gameplay.

We have to say though that Fifa has been around for 20 years and it is a tough ask for two brand new games to reach this level immediately, so I will just wait to see what I think when they are in my PS3 in August. At the end of the day I will still buy both games and I will play the one that I enjoy the most more! :)

Ye SIDHE did do that but there is also a strong possibility of the RWC license being in a different kettle of fish.

The name of our game will be Rugby World Cup 2011 - the Rugby 2012 name has been retired...

Thank you to everyone at the forum for your patience as we've worked toward this announcement - there's been a lot going on and we're very excited to share this news with you.

Just a question...will we be able to choose our World Cup squad from a main base of players, eg. All SA Superugby teams. or will it be limited to the 30 man group you guys might select? Cos, i think that could help the situation where guys want to play with their superugby teams...just put all of them in the National squad, LOL.

Thanks.

I do feel that an editing function (even a basic one) is usually hoped for in today's games. I hope one's there, although I seem to remember that being something that was a "no" in a Q & A. :D Still they could be in via the World Cup license.

There will be a DLC that insert clubs in the game?

I would be betting huge dollars that no is the answer to that one. That sounds a little unlikely.

I very much hope your right! We don't know as yet though. Fingers crossed. :D

They have asked which player faces we would want for each country...so i am guessing most teams will be licensed. I hope...

Fifa South Africa world cup kept me playing longer than Fifa 10 did because the gameplay was better

I'm just happy with the online aspect of it :)

The world cup game still had about 400 teams on it though ;)

It seems 100% certain that this game will have unlicensed squads for New Zealand and Australia at the very least. I have heard first hand from an external source that is aware of aspects of their own licensing that these specific squads will not be official.

Still the game seems to me to be a very exciting prospect.

Latest posts