• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2011 Official Game

sorry to re-ask my question, but I wanted to know is a follow up scheduled for next year or two year, and if so in what condition?

Rugby world cup 2011 game is terrible and really unrealistic if u want my advice get jonah lomu rugby challenge it looks a million times better.Rugby world cup 2011 is exactly the same as rugby 2008 for ps2. Demo proves that its a terrible game also

Rugby world cup 2011 game is terrible and really unrealistic if u want my advice get jonah lomu rugby challenge it looks a million times better.Rugby world cup 2011 is exactly the same as rugby 2008 for ps2. Demo proves that its a terrible game also
.....No it doesn't

Yes yes Newbie, you give the best advise out of all the people here.

At least be creative in your posts ;) Change the record pal

Aight, I played the demo at my mates house on the weekend and what I wanted to say is that I had forgotten how clumbsy it feels (08 and 11), and tackling from the side view is effing hard! As was kicking. I hate to bring up Jonah Lomu Rugby (97 ps1) . But didnt it seem like you could easily place your kick from side view and tackle easily? Disapointed about the game now.

What!!! Jonah Lomu rugby Challenge?LOL! LMGA!! LOL!That game is going to suck because there is no license for the South African sides (That means they have every license for the teams,all but South Africa's inc super 15)All because of a NZ creator.Back to Rugby World CupIs this game only going to be World Cup or do I atleast have my World League and Super 15 ?

What!!! Jonah Lomu rugby Challenge?LOL! LMGA!! LOL!That game is going to suck because there is no license for the South African sides (That means they have every license for the teams,all but South Africa's inc super 15)All because of a NZ creator.Back to Rugby World CupIs this game only going to be World Cup or do I atleast have my World League and Super 15 ?

errr....

It's not Sidhe's fault that they were unable to secure the licenses for the South African international sides and their Super 15 sides. From what they have said they tried very hard to, but were not able to get those licenses at this time. They wanted them very much.

SARU decided to go with Rugby World Cup 2011, in part because they wanted the game players to have the chance to lift the World Cup Trophy with South Africa.

Really when it comes to licenses, both game developers would've loved to have had as many as they could've gotten. Unfortunately with the way licenses are and exclusivity etc, they were only able to get what they could.

Sidhe's Rugby Challenge will be extremely editable and there's no doubt whatsoever that you'll be able to put in the South African sides that you'd like to have not long after the game comes out. If you have PS3, some people will probably create them very soon after and you'd be able to download the file to add them to your existing teams.

Rugby World Cup was originally going to have club competitions, but Sidhe were able to secure so many licenses that this was no longer possible. The basis for the game from HB now is a World Cup game with the ability to also do international tours and online play.

It's not Sidhe's fault that they were unable to secure the licenses for the South African international sides and their Super 15 sides. From what they have said they tried very hard to, but were not able to get those licenses at this time. They wanted them very much.

SARU decided to go with Rugby World Cup 2011, in part because they wanted the game players to have the chance to lift the World Cup Trophy with South Africa.

Really when it comes to licenses, both game developers would've loved to have had as many as they could've gotten. Unfortunately with the way licenses are and exclusivity etc, they were only able to get what they could.

Sidhe's Rugby Challenge will be extremely editable and there's no doubt whatsoever that you'll be able to put in the South African sides that you'd like to have not long after the game comes out. If you have PS3, some people will probably create them very soon after and you'd be able to download the file to add them to your existing teams.

Rugby World Cup was originally going to have club competitions, but Sidhe were able to secure so many licenses that this was no longer possible. The basis for the game from HB now is a World Cup game with the ability to also do international tours and online play.
of course its sidhes fault if they didnt make a game that looks like **** they might have got saru's approval

of course its sidhes fault if they didnt make a game that looks like **** they might have got saru's approval

Actually it had to do with the SARU wanting South Africa to be with the official world cup game as they want people to experience winning the world cup and Sidhe don't have the official world cup trophy just a world cup mode.

Actually the demo isnt that bad and is not exactly the same as 08.... different rucking system, harder AI and this on easy so this is just for beginners and if you read some threads especially trf staff gets hands on you will realise there are some similarities but also new additions. And even the trf staff lost on medium and they are seasoned rugby gamers. So go diss rwc somewhere else cuz you obviously have played the game on medium and hard ad have seen the diference

Do you type with your forehead by any chance?

Why are people such haters.....we get 2 rugby games. I have been following these threads and closer and closer to the time of release people are getting defensive about their preferred ***le, and aggressive towards the one they don't like....

And it is especially insulting when reps from both games have taken the time out to be involved in these threads.

We are getting 2 rugby games!! One will be better most likely, and that will get more online play, but lets just be thankful. As an xbox owner i have barely had any new rugby play since 06 and the odd pick up of the still mighty JLR

........there is my rant. I have been following therugbyforum on and off for about since early - mid 2000s under my old account, just rarely post. Its obviously a small few going over the top in their insults/complaints etc, but it is a pain in the as.

Last edited:
Just recieved an advance promo copy of the game! Assume they've gone out to people in the industry across the UK! Off home to finally play it!! No more crappy 5 minute demo!!

Latest posts