• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2011 Official Game

Olyy any news today or going to have look forward to a big next week?

Last edited:
No idea!
I wasn't expecting the demo announcement yesterday to be honest, so we'll all just have to sit tight and wait :D

<meta charset="utf-8">Guys, heres an email reply I got from a guy at PSM3 mag whos actually played RWC, thought u might like the write up- Technically, there's a decent attention to detail in the game. The rucking works on an effort system – essentially, you tap X to commit forwards to each ruck. As you probably know, it's therefore a balancing act between securing the ball and not over-committing. Wasn't that impressed with the ruck animations – it just looked like a glorified scrum. There are ruck tactics too, which you set using the D-pad. Can't quite remember their names, but you can opt to 'Heavily commit forwards', 'Lightly commit forwards' or have 'Nearest man' (if you want to play a quicker game and your backs are built for rucking). Scrums are ok, as are line-outs. They don't feel fast, but they're technically well executed. I asked, and you can take quick throw-ins to another player eg. Wing to full-back, or to yourself, which is cool. The physics of stuff like tackling and passing feels a little animation lead (passes are on triggers – interestingly L1 passes left to a near-by forward, while L2 spreads the ball wide left). I like this – it lets you play tactically when you're near the try-line, or if you're trying to shut a tight game out. Tackling is either automatic (eg – run your tackler into the opponent and the hit happens) or dive tackles are done on X. Felt pretty easy to do, and it works. They have worked in the idea that if you get tackled out-wide, and you're isolated from your forwards, it's much easier to lose the ball. I played a man who knows nothing about rugby (from another Future mag here) and thrashed him. The main reason was that while he just span the ball out wide then got caught and turned over, I cut back in and caught up with my back-row, thereby retaining the ball. It was good to see. Elsewhere, there are plenty of kicking options (chips, up and unders, touch-line kicks, grubbers etc) which seemed to work ok, although I was pretty crap at using them. Looks wise? It's ok. It ain't Madden standard. It's missing that nice sheen it would have had if EA were producing it, but it's passable. The likenesses are OK, but not stunning. All the licensed teams are there, though. We saw England, Wales, Ireland, and South Africa and their teams/kit were correct. No player editor though – shame. So you can't add anyone to each nation's 30 man squad. Is it any good? If you like rugby, then yes. It won't score massive, but I think there's enough depth in there to keep fans happy. Reckon if you stick it on Hard difficulty and really get into the tactical side, and play like a fan, you'll get plenty out of it.

oh come on, what's a little banter between rugby lovers??

while us Saffas gawk in awe at the William Webb Ellis trophy in our cabinet as well as the Super 14 trophy that has a permanent residence at Loftus, as well as our British & Irish Lions trophy, have fun looking at the Tri-Nations and Bledisloe cup...

maybe my focus should be on Australia's empty cabinet... who's only trophy was won by a New Zealander...

but hey, i would rather like to see the All Blacks win the World Cup than the bloody "Soutpiel" poms!

I guess we all went a bit off the topic with our banter... Sorry about that...

Yeah, yeah, New Zealand also beat the British and Irish Lions and a New Zealand side has won the Super Rugby Cup more often than any other. We've had a world cup too, blah, blah, blah, it doesn't really matter. South Africa are a good rugby side, so are New Zealand, so are Australia and so are a fair few of the Northern Hemisphere teams too. This whole my teams better than yours thing is a bit like action figures in the sandpit really. :rolleyes:

People always forget that New Zealand has won the world cup too :huh:
Also to say New Zealand are a poor side is verging on insanity.

BTW...

There is a team of us from The Rugby Forum, heading down for a special evening where we will be handed the game to play for the evening...

It will be my second opportunity to play the game and I can't wait for it...

BTW...

There is a team of us from The Rugby Forum, heading down for a special evening where we will be handed the game to play for the evening...

Can I come????? :p :p hahahah Enjoy yourselves :D :D

Actually most of the rugby community see's the All Blacks as number 1. And after they win a second world cup this year we will finally be indisputably the best rugby team the world has ever seen. The fact that our world cup win's could be so far apart just show's how we continue to dominate rugby in the long term and not just for a year at a time.

Ha ha! The fact you've failed at every WC since ye olde days of yore shows your long term dominance?

Brilliant. Winners get the glory lad, I was in Cardiff in 07 and ye shat the course. If you can't win the cup,you don't get the bragging rights,simple as.

How many tournaments have any Irish rugby team (International or Club) won. NZ seem to win all southern hemisphere tournaments about 70% of the time!

BTW...

Any reviews coming from that? maybe can sneak a camera into it (;

How many tournaments have any Irish rugby team (International or Club) won. NZ seem to win all southern hemisphere tournaments about 70% of the time!
Quite a few in recent years.... would I be correct in saying 4 Heiniken cups in 6 years?

Any reviews coming from that? maybe can sneak a camera into it (;

There's bound to be a review of some sort again...

Also Guys please get back on topic and keep to the game and not how many tournaments your country won!

up where ?

just found the trailer on you tube...Getofmeland will put it on the forum shortly
THANKS HB :0

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts