• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2011 Official Game

can i only use the 30 players> do i have to make pat lambie??

Ya unfortunately you do have to make Lambie. I got the game yesterday & Im really enjoying it. Sure its got is faults and its not revolutionary compared to rugby 08 but its still loads of fun. Hard is really hard for me at this stage just lost 14-7 to argentina and beat Fiji 14-3 with France.

Another thing I noticed while playing the demo was when receiving the kick from the kick off. The forwards would take the ball, a maul would form and the scrum half would join the maul. Then, you couldn't play the ball at all and the opposing team would get the scrum.

I think the tour mode could really be expanded upon, to offer something different in a sequel.

Got the game yesterday, the gameplay is ok, however after playing the world cup last night with England and winning it on medium level, I can't help but think the lifespan of this game is extremely limited. I really hope some DLC comes out to offer something different. Maybe a lions tour? 6 nations, tri nations. Even just the option to create a league/cup. Unfortunately I think it has been over shadowed by rugby challenge.
Just my opinion!!

Got the game yesterday, the gameplay is ok, however after playing the world cup last night with England and winning it on medium level, I can't help but think the lifespan of this game is extremely limited. I really hope some DLC comes out to offer something different. Maybe a lions tour? 6 nations, tri nations. Even just the option to create a league/cup. Unfortunately I think it has been over shadowed by rugby challenge.
Just my opinion!!

HB have officially confirmed no DLC for this game.

Cheers for letting me know, abit of a shame that. Hopefully rugby challenge will have decent gameplay. Can't help but think they've missed an oppurtunity with this game.

2 camera angles??????? End on is terrible, too close to the ruck or maul to make any decision. Lineouts are awful. How can u play against hard if they just nick all lineout ball???

2 camera angles??????? End on is terrible, too close to the ruck or maul to make any decision. Lineouts are awful. How can u play against hard if they just nick all lineout ball???
i cant play side on, bad habit from rugby 08, so any other angle will be a god-send

Got the game today, its a hell of a lot better than the demo but there is a serious lag playing online the game just stutters every so often which is ruining the game! Anyone know what the story is with this?

its great fun on multiplayer but for some reason Ireland's kit on International Test mode is an unlicensed one despite Ireland being licensed. Will this be fixed in the patch?

Rugby 2011 is shocking! Im so sorry for all gamers waiting 4yrs like me for Rugby 08 thats slower and have more clitches!

HB you guys broke my heart!!

I played it last night and was seriously disappointed. Here's what I took from it after a few games

1. Graphics are muck, every player looks the same when you're in normal gameplay, impossible to tell if you're giving the ball to Jamie Heaslip or Mike Ross off the edge of a ruck.

2. Player likenesses for Ireland at least are atrocious. Sean O'Brien looks like a skinny schools player and has a really long neck, sexton looks nothing like himself, Darcy is just a generic brown haired average height bloke, even think Paulie might have brown hair in it.

3. Squads are way off too. No Flannery or Boss in the extended World Cup squad, I can understand not having Murray or Ryan as the squad was only named in the last week but those other guys should be in it.

4. Ferris is black, no idea how that was allowed happen. In a soccer game you might excuse that mistake for a team of Ireland's calibre but in rugby we're top 5 or 6 in the world, you couldn't imagine FIFA having Nicolas Anelka running around as a short white dude. Big c**k up and points to their lack of real effort here.

5. It's the same game as Rugby 08 only worse. Less teams, no customisation.

6. There doesn't seem to have been much effort to make the player stats accurate. O'Brien didn't break a single tackle and even got dumped by Ben Foden at one point. Rory Best flies around the place like an NFL running back.

7. On the version I played at least, when you play friendlies you can't wear the official jerseys just these awful looking versions that are miles off the actual shirts.

8. The backs seem to line up in a very odd way, in a 10 minute game I played I only got the ball to outside centre once, most of the time the 10 gets the ball to inside centre then the next man out is the openside winger. When I finally got the ball to Drico, Miles Harrison shouts out "Excellent running from Mick O'Driscoll", what???

9. The commentary is pretty useless. I remember when the demo came out people saying how enjoyable it was and that is was much better than 08. It's very limited and not that entertaining at all.

Overall this is a shoddy game. I'll hang on to it until RC comes out then either offload it to one of my younger cousins who won't notice how pants the whole thing is or trade it in. Really disappointed in this game as a whole. Feel like almost every element of the game, graphics, gameplay, customisation, depth, was better in Rugby 08.

Fordage! you are spot on!! I can add another 10 points to your list of how bad it is!!! SHOCKING!!!!

but I wont, ive already got a warning from them saying I cant post comments like that.

I have never been so excited for a games release and never so disappointed in a game!!!

Did they really think we were gonna be happy with this crap????? the same game as RUGBY 08 but just worst!!!!!! WTH??????

Couldn't agree more lads. Someone just took Rugby 08 removed half the teams and put it in a different box! Even some of the old glitches are still in this one. If you kick the ball to the opposition and chase it, once the camera angle switches your player runs backwards. That was a drama on Rugby 08, that no one bothered to change in this one.

Hopefully RC will make up for this abortion!

courtney lawes is meant to be black and tall. toby floods TO good in this game. The graphics are decent but everyones made white. wheres manu tuilagi?? its just getting worse and worse for you guys. sorry. i was looking forward to this since it was announced and im a bit ashamed. but maybe if you pull it together you can have a good game by next year. if you do can you include the rfu championship in it just to add more variety to the team. taa

Toby Flood ins't my concern. I am a huge Wilkinson fan, as all Englishmen are but he is 32 now. Should he still be rated 95?

The irony of it is, if you go over the Sidhe forum, you'll see that Rugby Challenge has probably got more glitches atm and I'm sure plenty of the same people will be throwing their toys out of the pram about them too :rolleyes:

Fordage! you are spot on!! I can add another 10 points to your list of how bad it is!!! SHOCKING!!!!

but I wont, ive already got a warning from them saying I cant post comments like that.

No, you got a warning for what amounted to rude and abusive behaviour. I don't have time for you to be slandering the boards disciplinary procedures on top of everything else, please pack that in.

Many people post what they consider faults in RWC and are never warned. Those posts are generally pointing out what they found disappointing. Not swearing and basically wishing people out of a job in their chosen career.

I played it last night and was seriously disappointed. Here's what I took from it after a few games

1. Graphics are muck, every player looks the same when you're in normal gameplay, impossible to tell if you're giving the ball to Jamie Heaslip or Mike Ross off the edge of a ruck.

2. Player likenesses for Ireland at least are atrocious. Sean O'Brien looks like a skinny schools player and has a really long neck, sexton looks nothing like himself, Darcy is just a generic brown haired average height bloke, even think Paulie might have brown hair in it.

3. Squads are way off too. No Flannery or Boss in the extended World Cup squad, I can understand not having Murray or Ryan as the squad was only named in the last week but those other guys should be in it.

4. Ferris is black, no idea how that was allowed happen. In a soccer game you might excuse that mistake for a team of Ireland's calibre but in rugby we're top 5 or 6 in the world, you couldn't imagine FIFA having Nicolas Anelka running around as a short white dude. Big c**k up and points to their lack of real effort here.

5. It's the same game as Rugby 08 only worse. Less teams, no customisation.

6. There doesn't seem to have been much effort to make the player stats accurate. O'Brien didn't break a single tackle and even got dumped by Ben Foden at one point. Rory Best flies around the place like an NFL running back.

7. On the version I played at least, when you play friendlies you can't wear the official jerseys just these awful looking versions that are miles off the actual shirts.

8. The backs seem to line up in a very odd way, in a 10 minute game I played I only got the ball to outside centre once, most of the time the 10 gets the ball to inside centre then the next man out is the openside winger. When I finally got the ball to Drico, Miles Harrison shouts out "Excellent running from Mick O'Driscoll", what???

9. The commentary is pretty useless. I remember when the demo came out people saying how enjoyable it was and that is was much better than 08. It's very limited and not that entertaining at all.

Overall this is a shoddy game. I'll hang on to it until RC comes out then either offload it to one of my younger cousins who won't notice how pants the whole thing is or trade it in. Really disappointed in this game as a whole. Feel like almost every element of the game, graphics, gameplay, customisation, depth, was better in Rugby 08.

Totally agree with all of above. My buddy and I having been waiting for this for years and have been majorly let down!! As big fans of Rugby 08, we felt this game had to be at least equally as good with maybe better graphics but it really is terrible!! I am so disapointed. It is ridiculously slow when you are playing two player and there is no fluidity to the game as its nearly impossible to break the line of defence and you nearly always go laterally across the pitch.

Also, playing it online is terrible. There is obviously a fault as it keeps stuttering and then ending the game before its time up!!! You would think that any decent developer would have these things tested before the game hit the market, and its not my connection because as far as I know everyone is having the same problem.

All in all I am just annoyed that I paid â'¬50 for this, even after playing the demo and thinking it wasnt great I felt the full game would have to be good...

Latest posts