• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup Quiz

Arg sorry. Rushed that guess as I have to unfortunately go join friends for sundowners. Tough life in Africa

I seem to remember pontypridd hosting Argentina in 91 must be one of the smallest if not the smallest think about 5000

Last edited:

Sorry, the "wrong year" clue was ambiguous.....Stradey Park hosted games at two different RWCs. I've already said that Netherdale is wrong. The correct answer is from the other World Cup.

hmmm... 520?

We have a winner! 526 points over all 8 world cups (with this year contributing 98 points).

Thought questions like that would allow everyone to have a pop you know? Doesn't exclude people who weren't at Invercargill in 1987.

I seem to remember pontypridd hosting Argentina in 91 must be one of the smallest if not the smallest think about 5000

Right year. Sardis Road was the second smallest that year. Wrong country by the way! The correct answer hosted famous victories for The North over the ABs in 1979 and the Wallabies in 1988 and is still the home ground of the town's side who remain in the National Leagues.

- - - Updated - - -

Apologies, just didn't think anybody would be able to answer the question without Google. Let me know if I'm wrong...

How's about you may only ask questions that you know the answer to without using the Web too?

I did, although like any anally retentive quiz master I double checked that the answer I had in my head was indeed correct.

Edit: any question obscure enough to be worth posting is likely to exclude some people. FWIW I don't remember anything about the 1987 RWC, but had read about and seen the Huw Richards incident before...just a bit gutted I couldn't remember his name.

Last edited:

Ponty 7,681 is the current capacity, although the capacity would have been more in 1999, there were 8,500 for the WC Argentina V Samoa game which Samoa won. When we played the touring Springboks the Wednesday before Wales played them 3 days later (without 4 of our best players who were on Wales duty) there were over 10,500 spectators and for the record we outplayed them but lost 3 - 9, it was Movember 1994 for the record. I remember having a few drinks with some Boks from Natal in the club house and later with the help of Phil (Gurkha) John Ponty's hooker 6 of us sneaked into the official reception in the other bar under the stand, it was a memorable evening.
Anyway I have no idea what the answer to the question is.

- - - Updated - - -

No not Mo

Clearly nobody is going to get this.
We know by now that it's 1991 but if it isn't Pontypool or Sardis then I just don't know.

Probably some obscure little French hamlet nobody can pronounce.

Clearly nobody is going to get this.
We know by now that it's 1991 but if it isn't Pontypool or Sardis then I just don't know.

Probably some obscure little French hamlet nobody can pronounce.

Has anyone mentioned Pontypool ?

- - - Updated - - -

Just looked the answer up, no wonder nobody has the answer, it is CROSS GREEN OTLEY, capacity 5,000

Name the three forwards that have dropped goals at the Rugby World Cup?

I Fijian scored a drop goal in 1987, but i honestly can't remember his name.

Latest posts