• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup Sevens 2013

The stands look embarrassing, what were they thinking. Two years out from the Olympics and this is what the IOC sees.

Spartak vs Khimki on Luzhniri Stadium - 104000 (rugby record in Russia). Because this is true rugby, rugby-7, beach rugby, water rugby... its parody, not real rugby.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpY6ElVYifU
Russian fans do not like the fact that the priorities in Russia now rugby-7, their TV shows, play the best stadium in the country, take the best players from the rugby-15, when they want to .... A team of rugby-15 plays in the winter in Sochi without key players, fans and TV ...

I only watched one match this morning, USA v Georgia before my computer shut itself off, at least it was a pretty good one. It's weird only happens to me watching those Irb streams, did it during PNC too. Would have liked to had seen some of these others too even if the other were a little one sided except for Samoa's comeback win.

BN2hhX8CIAEiVmF.jpg

Last edited:
It's weird only happens to me watching those Irb streams, did it during PNC too.
Looks like memory/video adapter issues. Though streaming video should not cause too much overload. Did you check CPU load at that time?
I see the Boks won 31-0 against the hosts... Well done!!
Yep. According to local media russians were planning to get to final at least :D

Thanks, I'll look into that if it happens again tonight. My team plays Canada in about 6 and a half hours.

Empty stands.... EPIC FAIL!!

This shows the folly of holding major iRB events in countries where rugby is a minor, almost unheard of sport.

Well they certainly shouldn't hold it in a place that hasn't proven itself with an IRB event. For example, rugby is a very minor sport still in the US, but the Vegas leg of the IRB 7s now gets 30k on the weekends so it wouldn't be outrageous for the US to host a RWC 7s and, in fact, the US is bidding on the 2018 7s RWC (hopefully to be hosted at Stanford Stadium).

Phillipines holding Samoa at 0-0 with 2 mins to go in the first half. Gotta admire the filipino's determination on defence, but they should just kick the ball into Samoa's half, stop trying to run it out, they're too small to break tackles

New Zealand v Georgia kicking off now with the USA/Canada rivalry on deck.

Eagles starters: Edwards, Durutalo, Suniula, Test, Hawkins, Niua, and Hawley.

Canadian Line-up: Thyssen de Goede, John Moonlight, Sean Duke, Phil Mack, Nathan Hirayama, Ciaran Hearn, Harry Jones.

BN59QaQCQAE4fzf.jpg

It airs here: http://www.rwcsevens.com/liveblog/blogid=1849.html

Last edited:
10-7 Canada lead at halftime, another great game between these two. I think the winner needs a big win, though and it's looking to be a tight one.

Congrats to Canada, shut down the USA offense in the last minute when they had a chance down 1, and kicked into touch after they won a last second scrum.

Man Nakarawa is a freakin giant, the way he offloads the ball with one hand he makes it look like a tennis ball

All one way traffic in this one, for impressive Fiji. Looking forward to their match against Wales.

Tonga have really bounced back from that heavy loss to Fiji, up 19 - 14 against reigning champs Wales. Come on Tonga

Canadian #8 looks like a high school kid! :D
Love Canadian team, amazing perfomance

Latest posts