• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup Sevens 2013

So Wales make the quarters after two tight wins against Tonga and Fiji.

England, Kenya, and New Zealand also through unbeaten.

Last edited:
And South Africa...

Sorry the IRB website hadn't updated to show that when I typed that reply. SA and Scotland were both on 6pts. It's updated now though.

I think Aus and France could be through as well. after drawing their game, so both on 8pts. Not sure who will get the last spot from Scotland, Samoa, Canada, and Fiji. All are on 7pts, so try's differentiating them? If it is then Fiji easily have the best Try Difference at 13.

Portugal beat Argentina, they belong to the IRB Sevens World Series? Or only are invited to some series like Tonga?

Regards

The crowd is absolutely embarrassing...
Even though the tickets are being destributed for free by municipal institutions)) It's funny, folks are saying they were offered these tickets here and there, and there was a stamp 'free of charge' on them :rolleyes:

Even though the tickets are being destributed for free by municipal institutions)) It's funny, folks are saying they were offered these tickets here and there, and there was a stamp 'free of charge' on them :rolleyes:

It is a joke, the IRB should be shaking their heads right now at this because it makes the sport look bad.

It is a joke, the IRB should be shaking their heads right now at this because it makes the sport look bad.
Well... the officials really needed an example of what's going to happen if you put RWC in absolutely non-rugby environment. They had their lesson and I don't think we gonna see this tournament in any non-rugby country ever again :)

RB is to blame for bring rugby to countries where isn't popular.
I wonder why did they do it in the first place... I guess it could seem to them that Russia got some rugby booster after RWC 2011 and wanted to put some woods on the fire. Dunno. Anyway it appeared to be not so good for IRB, it appeared to be not so good for rugby and it totally screwed russian union team, which had to donate players to r7 team. As a result - epic fail in r7 and epic fail in Nations Cup. Sad.

I wonder why did they do it in the first place... I guess it could seem to them that Russia got some rugby booster after RWC 2011 and wanted to put some woods on the fire. Dunno. Anyway it appeared to be not so good for IRB, it appeared to be not so good for rugby and it totally screwed russian union team, which had to donate players to r7 team. As a result - epic fail in r7 and epic fail in Nations Cup. Sad.

I get your frustration and TBH I am not that big of a fan of Sevens and I have never really got into watching it. Still maybe it would have been more prudent holding the tournament in Krasnoyarsk in a smaller stadium as opposed to this behemoth with a thousand people watching the game.

It was much easier during USSR time - we used to pack recruit soldiers and technical college students into buses and bring them to the stadium when we needed to ensure some decent crowd :D

:P Like our country~

Portugal beat Argentina, they belong to the IRB Sevens World Series? Or only are invited to some series like Tonga?

Regards

Portugal is a core-team, just like Argentina. The only victory of a non-core team over a core-team came when Tunisia beat Spain 26-24 today.

Last year we are trying to buy the tickets, from China to Moscow to watch the game, but they told us,no ticket.

Well... the officials really needed an example of what's going to happen if you put RWC in absolutely non-rugby environment. They had their lesson and I don't think we gonna see this tournament in any non-rugby country ever again :)

True, but if they don't choose non-rugby countries to stage tournaments they get slagged for not willing to expand the borders of the game.

It was much easier during USSR time - we used to pack recruit soldiers and technical college students into buses and bring them to the stadium when we needed to ensure some decent crowd :D

Been searching for a post of yours that makes it appropriate to post this

[video=youtube_share;NyiEaSzpdMk]http://youtu.be/NyiEaSzpdMk[/video]
Also, have you found Red October yet?

:P Like our country~
Come on man, we are fraternal nations :D
Last year we are trying to buy the tickets, from China to Moscow to watch the game, but they told us,no ticket.
Now, that is really interesting to hear... no tickets? For the tournament that has no audience at all? Cool.
they get slagged for not willing to expand the borders of the game.
But are these borders really needed to be expanded?))
TBH I am not that big of a fan of Sevens and I have never really got into watching it.
Same here. That's the first time I watch r7. And I am positively sure that Russia really-really needs to bring rugby union to life first.

Latest posts