8- Longo
7- J.Smith
6- Burger
5- Matfield
4- Botha
3- Hayman
2- Ledesma
1- Roncero

I wouldn't assume anything about McCaw. Personally I think Juan Smith has been the best 7 of the tournament. The Argentinian Lobbe has probably also done more for his team than McCaw. [/b]

Juan Smith is a 7, but in South Africa, that means he plays blindside. Comparing McCaw against Burger would be better.

I'm surprised So'oialo didn't get a mention, he had a good tournament. I'm surprised that there aren't many All Blacks in most of the teams. Sure they lost in the quarters, but it was pretty unlucky.
Even though they got knocked out in the quarters, I wonder how many teams scored more tries, or more points than them in the entire tournament.

Thierry Dusautoir was the best no.7 in the tournament. I'd pair him with Longo at 8 and either Leguizamon or Burger at 6.

15-Latham

14- Delasau

13- Rabeni
12- McCallister

11- Habana
10- Hernandez
9- Du Preez
8- Longo
7- J.Smith
6- Burger
5- Matfield
4- Shaw

3- De Villiers
2- Smit
1- Sheridan

<div class='quotemain'> I wouldn't assume anything about McCaw. Personally I think Juan Smith has been the best 7 of the tournament. The Argentinian Lobbe has probably also done more for his team than McCaw. [/b]

Juan Smith is a 7, but in South Africa, that means he plays blindside. Comparing McCaw against Burger would be better.

I'm surprised So'oialo didn't get a mention, he had a good tournament. I'm surprised that there aren't many All Blacks in most of the teams. Sure they lost in the quarters, but it was pretty unlucky.
Even though they got knocked out in the quarters, I wonder how many teams scored more tries, or more points than them in the entire tournament.
[/b][/quote]

Because people are picking the team based on this WC therefore NZ only making the quarters results in them only getting a few players in the WC 15.

On the mention of points & tries scored during the WC do really think any of the other teams would not have scored tons against rugby super powers such as Portugal, Romania, Italy and lets not forget that powerful Scotland B team.

NZ have got many of the best players in the World if we where to pick a World 15 based on a league system. But WC in the past have proved that in the high pressure system of knock out rugby NZ struggle mentally, which is a massive part of winning a knock out comp.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> I wouldn't assume anything about McCaw. Personally I think Juan Smith has been the best 7 of the tournament. The Argentinian Lobbe has probably also done more for his team than McCaw. [/b]

[/b][/quote]

Because people are picking the team based on this WC therefore NZ only making the quarters results in them only getting a few players in the WC 15.

On the mention of points & tries scored during the WC do really think any of the other teams would not have scored tons against rugby super powers such as Portugal, Romania, Italy and lets not forget that powerful Scotland B team.

NZ have got many of the best players in the World if we where to pick a World 15 based on a league system. But WC in the past have proved that in the high pressure system of knock out rugby NZ struggle mentally, which is a massive part of winning a knock out comp.

[/b][/quote]

One of the reasons we've picked so few all blacks is that there were lots of players who showed what they could do in games against top teir sides. the all blacks played minnows, an awe-struck Italian side and a Scottich B side. They only played 1 match against opposition of quality. The Fijians by contrast played Australia, Wales and South Africa. Much more chance to shine. the All blcks have some of the best players in the world. Woodcock is probably better than Sheridan for example, but it's pretty difficult to say that Woodcock had a better world cup. Similar situation with most of the all Black forwards who lost place to Argentines and South African in most lists. But in the games played those two sides had most dominant packs. the NZ forwards did do well in the QF, but i don't think that has stuck in peoles minds the same way as the English scrum, the Argentine power and the supreme lineout ability of Matfield and Botha. Plus it's difficult to pick forwards from sides which haven't won any matches in adversity.

<div class='quotemain'> I wouldn't assume anything about McCaw. Personally I think Juan Smith has been the best 7 of the tournament. The Argentinian Lobbe has probably also done more for his team than McCaw. [/b]

[/b][/quote] Mimic, in all fairness mate, the semi-finalists had 2 more games on which to judge them. Also, with Graham Henry rotating his squad for the "easier" games, quite a few of the AB stars only really got 2-3 matches, and only 1 of those were against quality opposition. So on the balance of having had less game time to be judged on, only a few would get a mention.

So what if the All Blacks were playing minnows?
Name me one top tier team who didn't?

The Boks struggled against minnows, Tonga. So please, none of this "any team can score a ton against minnows" excuse.

The All Black forward pack pretty much dominated. Stats would show that. Sure they lost against France, but it wasn't because of their forward pack. Noone knew how to drop kick. Forwards set a solid platform.
I mean, the much talked about Italian forward pack got dominated.

Sure the All Blacks didn't get much time, but its quality of rugby, not quantity.

Not that I'd pick All Blacks in my RWC XV. I'm just saying I'm surprised.

As for the All Blacks not having the mental state to win a RWC, doesn't mean they shouldn't be picked. Jonah Lomu never won a RWC. Yet I'm sure he'd make the RWC XV for those years he participated. (If only Lomu played against Japan, I'm sure the try-scoring record would've been a lot more. If only :()

Sure none of the individual All Blacks scored as many tries, but thats because they were pretty good as a team, and shared it all around.

1. Rodrigo Roncero
2. Marius Tincu
3. Carl Hayman
4. Ali Williams
5. Victor Matfield
6. Jerry Collins
7. Shalk Burger
8. Gonzalo Longo
9. Augustin Pichot
10. Juan Martin Hernandez
11. Bryan Habana
12. Felipe Contemponi
13. Jaque Fourie
14. Paul Sackey
15. Ignacio Corletto

1. DU RANDT
2. SMIT
3. VICKERY
4. BOTHA
5. MATFIELD
6. VAN HEERDEN
7. SMITH
8. CHABAL
9. DU PREEZ
10. JAMES
11. HABANA
12. STEYN
13. TAIT
14. PIETERSEN
15. MONTGOMERY

15 - Percy Montgomery

14 - Vincent Clerc

13 - Stirling Mortlock

12 - Fracois Steyn

11 - Brian Habanna

10 - Juan Hernandez

9 - Fourie Du Preez

1 - Andrew Sheridan

2 - John Smit

3 - Carl Hayman

4 - Patricio Albacete

5 - Victor Matfield

6 - Juan Smith

7 - Theiry Dusatoir

8 - Julien Bonnaire

sorry didnt know there was allready one on this topic

1. A. Sheridan (destroyed scrums)
2. J. Smit (good leader and gets around the park niceley, Ibanez was good as well)
3. C. Hayman (yes he didnt play much but still top prop)
4. S. Shaw (big strong and got around like another loose foward, big runs)
5. V. Matfield (my team needs setpeice and matfield owns the lineout as we have seen, also very smart)
6. S. Burger (good form and huge workrate, betsen was my second favourite very close behind)
7. T. Dusatoir (he was great, was everywere and has everything a openside needs)
8. F.Maka (he was awsome, stood out and helped tonga to a great RWC, big, strong. Might of gone for H. Tuilagi too)
9. M.Rauluni (Du preez was probally the best SH but im going for something different, Rauluni was dedicated, great leadership and made sniping breaks against top tier teams)
10. B. James (Butch was solid in everything, wasn't spectacular but did have flashes of brilliance, set up his outside backs nicley, too bad that we couldnt of seen more of Larkham)
11. Bryan Habana (...)
12. M. Catt (now many people will probally disagree but i think catt is hugley underated, his a great 12 with great leadership, communication, kicking and passing skills. He complimented tait and wilkinson well, too much credit goes to wilkinson as we saw on the final johnny was clueless when catt went off. i woulda put mcalister or steyn but abit erratic up and down)
13. M. Tait (not many 13's stood out, would of gone with mortlock but didnt see too much of him unfortunatly, but tait has imense talent and is capeable of scything any defence, i woulda put mortlock was great untill out but didnt see enough of him)
14. V. Delasau (a winger who went looking for work around the park instead of waiting for it, scored some great tries)
15. P. Montgomery (cool calm and collected was solid and i need a goal kicker, woulda picked robinson if i had another goal kicker but montgomery was great too)

1. Sheridan
2. Smit
3. Van Der Linde
4. Shaw
5. Matfield
6. Burger
7. Smith, Juan
8. Bonnaire
9. Rauluni
10. Hernandez
11. Delasau
12. Contepomi
13. Fourie
14. Williams, Shane
15. Montgomery

So what if the All Blacks were playing minnows?

The Boks struggled against minnows, Tonga. So please, none of this "any team can score a ton against minnows" excuse.

The All Black forward pack pretty much dominated. Stats would show that. Sure they lost against France, but it wasn't because of their forward pack. Noone knew how to drop kick. Forwards set a solid platform.

Sure the All Blacks didn't get much time, but its quality of rugby, not quantity.

As for the All Blacks not having the mental state to win a RWC, doesn't mean they shouldn't be picked. Jonah Lomu never won a RWC. Yet I'm sure he'd make the RWC XV for those years he participated. (If only Lomu played against Japan, I'm sure the try-scoring record would've been a lot more. If only :( )

Sure none of the individual All Blacks scored as many tries, but thats because they were pretty good as a team, and shared it all around.

[/b]

Hmmmm so you really think you had a tough group. How can you compare Tonga and Samoa to Romania & Portugal. Any way mate don't be suprised as there are alot of players from different countries that have betters players in certain positions than the All Blacks when it comes to picking a WC 15, I know its hard to accept but it is a fact your boys went home in the Quarters.

I like Teh Mite's team-not sure whether Easter qualifies though. Suppose one of the English back row must take credit somehow, though. Ps- 10th post :D

<div class='quotemain'> So what if the All Blacks were playing minnows?

As for the All Blacks not having the mental state to win a RWC, doesn't mean they shouldn't be picked. Jonah Lomu never won a RWC. Yet I'm sure he'd make the RWC XV for those years he participated. (If only Lomu played against Japan, I'm sure the try-scoring record would've been a lot more. If only :( )

[/b]

Hmmmm so you really think you had a tough group. How can you compare Tonga and Samoa to Romania & Portugal. Any way mate don't be suprised as there are alot of players from different countries that have betters players in certain positions than the All Blacks when it comes to picking a WC 15, I know its hard to accept but it is a fact your boys went home in the Quarters.

[/b][/quote]

Where did I say they had a tough group?
Tonga, U.S.A, Romania, Portugal. All minnows. They all would've been spanked by the All Blacks. And you know this.
I guess thats why you're not really coming at me with good arguments. All you have, is that the All Blacks went home early.

I'm not surprised that people think there are players in certain positions better than the All Blacks. I'm surprised that less than a handful of people think the All Blacks are better in any position than everyone else.

1. Phil Vickery

2. John Smit

3. Carl Hayman
4. Ali Williams
5. Victor Matfield
6. Shalk Burger
7. Nili Latu

8. Finau Maka
9. Augustin Pichot
11. Bryan Habana
12. Felipe Contemponi
13. Jaque Fourie
14. Josh Lewsey
15. Ignacio Corletto

Kalofae All Blacks!

1. Phil Vickery

2. John Smit

3. Carl Hayman
4. Ali Williams
5. Victor Matfield
6. Shalk Burger
7. Nili Latu

8. Finau Maka
9. Augustin Pichot
11. Bryan Habana
12. Felipe Contemponi
13. Jaque Fourie
14. Josh Lewsey
15. Ignacio Corletto

Not a lot wrong with your side exept you have chosen two tight head props and surely Ali Williams is one of the worst locks to wear the silver fern?
Kalofae All Blacks!
[/b]