• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby06 BIG ROSTER UPDATE THREAD

How did you make the new faces mate? Did you make them from the in-game creator or a different program?

FAO Woosaah..

I tried out the editor today and it works really well, but when i tried to change a name of a player (T.Fanolua) i enter the new name, but it does not change the name in the database. This must be able to be done, as names have been changed, i can see them.

Also.. is there a way to view the player faces in the editors? Or do you just have to know the number of the face you need?

Thanks in advance mate.

you cant look at the faces in the editor, i couldnt be bothered programming that in, plus without the faces in the first place i wouldnt have a clue what to do there.

if you are really worried about changing the name in the database save it quit out and get back into it again, it should be changed.

sorry for being lazy but i will change that when i get time, just flat out at work at the moment.

Thanks woosaah. I will probably edit them in the in-game editor then. It's a bit confusing though..

FAO Ozzy..

Talofa mate..

I just wanted to ask.. i think i saw mentioned that your roster update had JAB's replacing Barbarians. I downloaded your update in your sig.. but did you change the name of the barbarians to JAB's or is the team/squad/kits just in the game?

I keep getting an error when trying to download this file. I type in the correct letters but is says error. Can someone help.

Sorry I've been offline and haven't replied to many posts but I've been overseas on holiday so haven't had the chance

@EMO

Just downloaded the file today worked fine.

@Fa'atau

Yeah I just did a cheap player replacement for the Baa-Baas, they still have their original kit and names. I don't have any skill at kid modding and nobody seems interested in doing any new kits with the impending release of rugby '08
BTW did you see the Manu game against Tonga, I hope you took note of Fa'atau in that game, the guy slowed down everytime he chased the ball just so he could avoid making the tackle. Maybe a change of name is in order lol :D
I have also fully updated the Samoan side now but won't be able to upload until I get back from holidaying.

@Yeungy

I used Woosah's roster editor to replace faces, I pretty much go through the ingame rosters find a face that looks similar to the player I want to create and then use his face ID on my created player. Simple. There are actually very few "official" faces anyway but there are plenty of generic ones that do the job.

Cheers Ozzy.

I updated the Samoa, Islanders, Fiji and Tonga rosters too. I don't see why i should get Rugby '08 as well, so that's why i'm continuing patching this game.. i just need to get the skill of getting my kits to work in the game.. then i can update the kits.

Maybe if you was interested we could try to make a retro patch for 1999 or 2003 World Cups. It'd need kit editing which i can do, but maybe that'd be cool.

Would be cool having Jonah Lomu, Pat Lam, Vaiaiga Tuigamala in the game don't you think.. maybe like the old Jonah Lomu Rugby game where the teams where mixtures of past and present players.

Ok i have started my retro roster patch. It should be cool when it's done.. it will probably have either teams from specific world cups, or a mixed squad with Cullen, Kronfeld, Lomu, Rokocoko, McAlister etc.

If anyone is interested i will provide downloads later for my mod site (see my thread).

Yeh hey Fa'atau82 i couldnt seem to download anything from your site as of yet? I even left a message askin when it would be up and running.... It says click on the links below and nothing is clickable to direct me to another page......

I made the site as i had time. I haven't had time to update any links yet. Please check back here regularly (my editing thread) and any news will be in there. At the mo i am editing rosters for my retro WC teams patch.. should be teams from 95, 99, 03 and of course i will try to update for 07.

It all takes a lot of time and effort so please bear with me.

I made the site as i had time. I haven't had time to update any links yet. Please check back here regularly (my editing thread) and any news will be in there. At the mo i am editing rosters for my retro WC teams patch.. should be teams from 95, 99, 03 and of course i will try to update for 07.

Sounds awesome, can't wait, also just in case you aren't aware there are a couple of real faces for retro players floating around in rugby 06. Jonah Lomu, Serge Betsen and Marika Vanibuka all have their real faces in the game despite the latter not even being in the game and the other 2 sporting generic standin faces as default.
The guy who seems to know a bit more about the face numbers is Evol, so if you are interested in knowing more he's the one to talk to.

I have updated Jonah with Conradie for the moment.. i know Vunibaka isn't in the game as a player.. there are several tens of players names in the com number box on the editor, so i can add players like Tuigamala, Underwood, Hastings, Serevi etc.

What i will do.. which is probably the best idea i have had is make a 1995-1999 roster patch, with 1995-1999 kits home and away. I will make the 95-99 patch first, and will probably add Australia 1991 and NZ 1991 as Australia A and Maoris. Just need to change the xml files if it works right.. don't know how to do that though.

The second patch will be 2003-2007, which will be the base of your roster patch.. my updated patch loads perfectly in my game, but one of the players (D.coetzee) now has a player id of 0, which crashes the editor.. still works in the game though..? I thought i could just re-download your file, but it didn't work.. any ideas? Is it the other file (rdf or something) that causes this problem?

btw, have you seen the Samoa WC squad? You was right about Meafou, but there is no To'oala or Tagicakibau (injured?) and there is another player who i dont recognise in the forwards.

Also, i have just completed the Pacific Islanders kit.. you know, the new digicel one they had in 2006. I dont like the other one. Looks like a sweet wrapper.

What the hell no To'oala, that sucks, I really liked the game, I did see the team selection and there were a few names I didn't recognise either. Kinda weird taking players who had zero game time to the world cup. Also it appears as if planetrugby has spelt a host of names wrong as well, so I'm not paying too much attention to it. Will check the Manu website later to confirm things.

Ozzy..

Can you help me with something please?

I need to find some rosters from past world cups. Unfortunately, i wont be able to complete a complete 95 world cup, as i only have a handful of players i can find on the net. There is no definitive rugby world cup squads listing on the net.

For Samoa's 1995 team i have the players mentioned below, but need a few more. I can add players from 1999 or nearabouts to complete the squad.. can you advise me?

B.Lima
G.Harder
D.Kellet (kicker)?
S.Tatupi
G.Leaupepe
P.Lam
M.Umaga
F.Sini
T.Fa'amasino (kicker)
T.Nuu'alitia

It's likely in the 95 patch there will be:-

Samoa
Ireland
Wales
England
NZ
SA
Australia
Canada
France
Scotland
Japan (wow i hear you say, recreate 20 convs with culhane lol)
Italy
Argentina.

RWC 99 is much easier to find i have a complete squad roster for every team, and 2003 should be the same.

Latest posts