• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Russia and the West

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because anyone who occasionally follows western European politics knows that are quite a few politicians, from Austria, Netherlands, Sweden, Norway (just to name a few) who have been making similar comments, for quite some time. I even posted some names in the other thread. Wilders is particularly known in Western Europe.

Looks like Johnny Turk has got fed up of its air space being constantly violated by the Russians.

Turkey 1 Russia 0

Looks like Johnny Turk has got fed up of its air space being constantly violated by the Russians.

Turkey 1 Russia 0
They better hope it was in their airspace and it wasn't on trajectory to leave it at the time it was shot down. Otherwise they probably won't get NATO backing which will lead to Turkey 1 Russia 256.

- - - Updated - - -

Should say I very much doubt Turkey was wrong in this respect and the plane almost certainly entered their airspace. But yeah this isn't good news if it starts to escalate.

First Russian/Soviet plane shot down by NATO since the 1950's.

They better hope it was in their airspace and it wasn't on trajectory to leave it at the time it was shot down. Otherwise they probably won't get NATO backing which will lead to Turkey 1 Russia 256.

- - - Updated - - -

Should say I very much doubt Turkey was wrong in this respect and the plane almost certainly entered their airspace. But yeah this isn't good news if it starts to escalate.

First Russian/Soviet plane shot down by NATO since the 1950's.

The Russians have been trying it on with every European NATO country for the last few years because it knows Obama doesn't want to know but it looks like the Turks have had enough perhaps the Russians will think twice now. We should do the same thing next time one of their bear's goes flying down the Scottish coast.

The Russians have been trying it on with every European NATO country for the last few years because it knows Obama doesn't want to know but it looks like the Turks have had enough perhaps the Russians will think twice now. We should do the same thing next time one of their bear's goes flying down the Scottish coast.
Agreed partly the biggest worry I have is escalation I wouldn't suggest firing first is best course of action. It's aggressive to enter another nations airspace but what harm is it actually doing? You don't want a further escalating game of *** for tat.

Agreed partly the biggest worry I have is escalation I wouldn't suggest firing first is best course of action. It's aggressive to enter another nations airspace but what harm is it actually doing? You don't want a further escalating game of *** for tat.

You cannot have your airspace constantly violated by another nation particularly when there is a long and protracted war going on in the region and the nation doing the violating has a habit of getting hostile. The Russians have been pushing this and trying to bully the likes of Turkey. Now the bully has had a little slap I believe they will wind their neck in a bit. They still think it's the USSR versus NATO and if the Americans are too weak to act no one will but Turkey have shown them that they are just another country and a poor dysfunctional one at that.

Obviously Vladimir12 will be along shortly to tell us it's all the Wests fault and Turkey is under orders from Washington.

Because anyone who occasionally follows western European politics knows that are quite a few politicians, from Austria, Netherlands, Sweden, Norway (just to name a few) who have been making similar comments, for quite some time. I even posted some names in the other thread. Wilders is particularly known in Western Europe.

My comment was re the American citizens lack of knowledge. You have answered a previous post in which I take your point and bow to your greater knowledge on that subject however my comments concerned UK politicians, they being the ones with tiny balls.

It will be interesting to see how Putin reacts. He did nothing when it was confirmed that a bomb downed that tourist plane in Egypt, can he afford to do nothing again? Putin could lose a lot of support if his own people start to perceive him as being weak, especially after building a tough macho image for so many years.

It will be interesting to see how Putin reacts. He did nothing when it was confirmed that a bomb downed that tourist plane in Egypt, can he afford to do nothing again? Putin could lose a lot of support if his own people start to perceive him as being weak, especially after building a tough macho image for so many years.

He's taken a few risks with his current course of actions. He has set out to show him as a tough ruler who's happy to take on the west, I think he gambled on no one in NATO standing up to him and ISIS being to concerned in attacking the west to strike at Russian targets. He has been wrong on both accounts and is now stuck in a war zone surrounded by hostile governments who have changed their ROE regarding stray Russian war planes.

What's he going to do? What can he do, attack ISIS for blowing up the passenger plane?already doing that and its not worked. What's it going to do with Turkey?attack one of the largest and most modern armed countries in NATO? Yeah right

Tell that to the NATO in Syria, Iraq, Libya, Yugoslavia ...:cool:

And they were shot at to. Think the serbs even shot down a stealth bomber.

One day you will realize Russia is not a big player anymore. The Turks know that that's why they did it.

Russia who?

Tell that to the NATO in Syria, Iraq, Libya, Yugoslavia ...:cool:

Oh so that's why you're doing it - because you feel so strongly that those countries are being violated! Good to see Russia flying the flag in the defence of the rights of others...oh wait.

So starting World War III.

Submarines spotted off the British and Swedish coasts, planes flirting with other countries airspace...etc... It's your own bloody fault.

I was a couple of days will not, but I'll come and answer all questions.

Turkey account for it.

Moon out of it no one will think, but the Kurds will receive Russian weapons.:cool:

- - - Updated - - -

And they were shot at to. Think the serbs even shot down a stealth bomber.

One day you will realize Russia is not a big player anymore. The Turks know that that's why they did it.

Russia who?

Russia is a country that can destroy you, along with the United States in 30 minutes ...

I was a couple of days will not, but I'll come and answer all questions.

Turkey account for it.

Moon out of it no one will think, but the Kurds will receive Russian weapons.:cool:

- - - Updated - - -

Russia is a country that can destroy you, along with the United States in 30 minutes ...

With what? A load of rusting IBMs that havnt been serviced in years. Most of your fleet is rotting in its ports without any fuel and the only serviceable part of your air force is currently stuck in Syria getting shot down by the Turks. Start WW3? You couldn't start a 2 stroke engine. Putin's a play ground bully who just got a smack in the chops and its about time too.

And the Kurds already get Russian weapons but stopped using them when they started getting better western ones.

In general, I personally not surprised that your sympathies are with the foreign Turks in Europe.

I think that if not killed one pilot and one million Russian people, you will not care about that.

You also did not care when destroying civilians Donbass.

You still included current when Ukraine Crimea in the winter, no light left hospitals, schools and homes.

Therefore, you do not have faith, we hope only to themselves.

Do not ask us to friends.

I go away for two days, come all to answer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts