RWC 2011 Tutorial

Eddie67

Academy Player
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Stormers
Good day fellow Rugby lovers,

I know it's a bit early but can you guys please post "advanced" tricks or moves here and how to do them. I saw on the demo the controls but the dummy wasn't listed on there. That is 1 cool feature that we don't know off. Also explaining how to master the chip kick, how to steal the ball with best efficiency rate etc.. Think it can be very helpfull to all players wanting to play "fancy"...

Thanks People

@ak47 with an audio tip.. turn everything down a notch or 2, then crowd noise to the max.......turn up your stereo/sound so that menu music sounds normal
then sit back and enjoy free tickets to the game!!!!

@ak47 with an audio tip.. turn everything down a notch or 2, then crowd noise to the max.......turn up your stereo/sound so that menu music sounds normal
then sit back and enjoy free tickets to the game!!!!

what does that do

There arn't really any advanced tricks - its not like fifa 11. Most special moves just a flick of the right stick. Dummy move is the hardest to pull off.

Chip kick . Just tap X button on XBOX and square on PS3 for chip kick

how do you do the scrums?

It is easy. When the ball is thrown into the scrum, don't hook immediately . Wait literately 1 second. This will be best,this way you can steel all opposition balls in scrum as well. While hooking push analog stick to the side your playing.

what im curious to know is if anyone has pulled off a high tackle? ive had it done to me numerous times but cant figure out how to do it?

what im curious to know is if anyone has pulled off a high tackle? ive had it done to me numerous times but cant figure out how to do it?
Press rb aswell when your going to tackle.

Press the right analogue stick left or right - whichever one is away from the defence

I.e If you're supposed to be scoring to the right of the screen, and you're running away from the camera you'd press left as it's away from the defensive line

Pressing it towards the defensive line is to charge through/lower the shoulder/whatever it's called :p

I've once or twice managed to step by fidling with the R-stick, but I'm not really sure what I need to press to do it. Any help?

Up and Down on the right analogue stick are both side step
Away from the defence = Handoff
Towards the defence = Drop the shoulder/charge

I've made numerous line breaks with Steyn by using the dummy but in the 2on1's they dont seem to get tricked by the dummy

bottomline though the dummy is much better in rwc11 then in 08

I believe if you hold down the r1 or rb button with tackle, you will sometimes get a high tackle.? I have done it three times, and never got a high tackle normal tackling.
Not 100% sure, as in the demo, due to lack of AI difficulty you always have the ball on offense.:p
Cheers and Salud

Latest posts