• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2015 Qualifiying

I hope someone informed the idiots at RFU that Namibia qualified for World Cup

Some months ago a guy who works for RFU said me that Namibian players aren't important and for that reason Namibia shouldn't have the rights to take part to international competitions and that rugby is only for the "elite" countries

giph.gif

Some months ago a guy who works for RFU said me that Namibian players aren't important and for that reason Namibia shouldn't have the rights to take part to international competitions and that rugby is only for the "elite" countries

There are still people arguing to harken back to 16 team world cups, it's very frustrating especially when the playing field is getting closer to managing a 24 team event.

There are still people arguing to harken back to 16 team world cups, it's very frustrating especially when the playing field is getting closer to managing a 24 team event.

I hardly accept a similar speech from fans,just guess from a union member. And people say that rugby is the sport of respect...

I would lean towards Uruguay, but it's by no means certain, if Russia can sort themselves out in the next six months, and Asia and Africa #2 should be more competitive this time out.

I saw the Russians playin in Belgium 3 months ago. The Russians won, but weren't impressive at all...
If they want to play the world cup, they still have a lot of work!

I saw the Russians playin in Belgium 3 months ago. The Russians won, but weren't impressive at all...
If they want to play the world cup, they still have a lot of work!

Also against Germany they had some problems

A 16 team World Cup would not just remove Namibia from the tournament, but probably the USA as well and possibly Japan in previous decades. Whilst it's important to keep it reasonably competitive to maintain the quality of the product, removing some of the biggest markets in the world (markets that dwarf the likes of Scotland) wouldn't be the cleverest thing to do if the IRB is serious about being able to maximise the earning potential and worldwide spread of the game. If USA weren't in the World Cup, then the All Blacks could wave goodbye to the $1m cheque they're getting to play in Chicago this year.

I'd say 20 teams is right for now, start thinking about 24 depending for 2023 or 2027 depending on how progress goes.

Well Namibia are at the World Cup again...but i honestly think this may be their last one...as teams like Zimbabwe, Kenya, Morrocco, Tunisia, Uganda etc will overtake them.

1) Zimbabwe v Russia for another World Cup spot. August the 2nd.
Think Russia will have to much for them.

2) Uruguay v Hong Kong for another World Cup Spot. August the 2nd
Think Uruguay will have WAY too much for Hong Kong.

Don't count out Hong Kong, they've given Japan some trouble the past couple of years and play well together. I'm not saying expect a win, but they will be much more competitive than Kazakhstan 4 years ago, and I do not expect a 40 point scoreline like 4 years ago. HK may have the backs advantage to be honest, and their lineout could cause Uruguay some problems.

Latest posts