• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2015 Qualifiying

By the way, I do not understand why Hong Kong team still exists. There should be one China team, although unification with Chinese Taibei would be impossible now, but unification of the PRC, Hong Kong, and Macau team must be possible.

Maybe there should be one United Kingdom team.

/sarcasm

Russia have qualified for the repechage round with a 31-20 win over Germany in Hamburg.

The Germans are eliminated, Russia will not find out their opponent in the repechage semifinals until the first week of July when the African round is done with they will play the 2nd place finisher at that event later in the year.

Last edited:
This is the last match of the National Olympic Stadium in Tokyo.
After that the stadium will be demolished and redeveloped for hosting 2019 RWC and 2020 Olympic.

I have joined demonstrations against that for several times, demanding cancellation of the 2019 RWC and 2020 Olympics, but we are too weak...

but we are too weak...

tumblr_m9tsjzscMq1rwl09fo1_500.gif

"We".

So Japan are in (not a surprise) and Hong Kong will now take on Uruguay in the repechage semifinals on August 2nd in Montevideo.

Last edited:
yippiiiiie....Japan are in...what a surp...*yaaaaaaaaaaaawn* ...what a surprise !..

Japan's quality was horrible. Too many handling errors, too weak defense, poor kicking technique....Japan can be thrashed by other 4 teams (RSA, Samoa, Scotland, USA) and continue the record of bottom finish.

For a fan of a talented country you sure are down on your team a lot. Your team made the World Cup, as a fan you should be celebrating that right now and worry about the rest later. The Brave Blossoms have over a year to work on their shortcomings. You play Samoa(not full strength but still should be good) and the USA within the next month so it will be a good chance to see how Japan stands up against two of their RWC opponents. You also play what should be one of the best Canadian teams since the 2011 RWC and y'all have been a constant thorn in our side so that game should be a good one. You also get to play Italy which should be a fun game. At least wait and see how June goes before losing some hope in your team.

Last edited:
I'm sad Germany is out but I guess they did well to get as far as they did. Does anyone know how Namibia stands ATM? Regardless I am backing Africa for the repechage spot.

I'm sad Germany is out but I guess they did well to get as far as they did. Does anyone know how Namibia stands ATM? Regardless I am backing Africa for the repechage spot.

Namibia is in the Final Four Round Robin competing against Kenya, Madagascar and Zimbabwe. Winner is Africa 1 while the runner up heads to the Repechage to play Russia. The African Round Robin starts June 28th and end July 6th.

And Germany did incredibly well for itself. Russia isn't a slouch at that level and Germany was a couple minutes away from advancing to the next round of qualifications. I've said it in other places but I'm betting on the Germans qualifying for Japan 2019. I also think the Pro12 should eventually expand into Germany but that requires a lot of money.

well wtf stormer, they're YOUR freaking neighbors, you should know about that !

Namibia is in the Final Four Round Robin competing against Kenya, Madagascar and Zimbabwe. Winner is Africa 1 while the runner up heads to the Repechage to play Russia. The African Round Robin starts June 28th and end July 6th.

And Germany did incredibly well for itself. Russia isn't a slouch at that level and Germany was a couple minutes away from advancing to the next round of qualifications. I've said it in other places but I'm betting on the Germans qualifying for Japan 2019. I also think the Pro12 should eventually expand into Germany but that requires a lot of money.

That would indeed be awesome. Anyway, thanks fo the info on the 'Africa 1' spot. Namibia, Kenya, Madagascar and Zimbabwe, hey.. probably the 4 that makes the most sense. Wouldn't mind any of them (or two of them!) though Namibia has a soft spot in my heart; most beautiful landscapes and people ever; both the land and its people are simple yet profound.

well wtf stormer, they're YOUR freaking neighbors, you should know about that !

Well, what can I say? There is just so much rugby to keep track of and I am a working man with a wife and baby you know (now). By the way good luck to Castres! That is another game I'd like to watch but won't.

Africa 2 is going to have a rough go trying to make the World Cup no matter which country it is. Russia is no slouch at that level of rugby and even if they get past the Russians they will have to face a talented and determined Uruguay side, assuming Hong Kong doesn't pull off the upset. If I had to bet I'd say Uruguay over Russia to win the Repechage.

. Well, what can I say? There is just so much rugby to keep track of and I am a working man with a wife and baby you know (now). By the way good luck to Castres! That is another game I'd like to watch but won't.

Are you saying your petty little life is more important than the whole nation of Namibia ?! My God stormer, you disgust me....your selfishness has always been tough to deal with, but you really hit rock bottom there...and don't even try to buy my love back with that cheesy remark about Castres, my life-long love, my blood; clearly you're mocking me and couldn't give a flying panther's shhit about them.
If I ever saw you in real life, I'd give you a very awkward, semi-aggressive look for a good 2 seconds !

Latest posts