• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC Quarter Final: Springboks - Wallabies (09-10-2011, 18:00)

Not sure what to think. This is gonna be so close. I just hope the weather is good so it doesn't turn into a kicking game that we can't win.

Gonna be a big game. They Springboks road to the quarters have been brutal, so they might have the edge there but it could also count against us. The fuel could start running low. The Aussies should be fresh but have injuries and have not been tested (they didnt pitch for the irish battle so i discount this game). Its either gonna count for them ito being fresh, or against them ito lack of real opposition.

However, I think we read to much into the ammount of games and level of opposition. At the end, to me it's about how you have been building up and from that point of view, I think the Boks are just looking more the part.

So Springboks by 10

Springboks by 1 point, by a drop-goal in the dying seconds... Because we can ;)

Springboks to win - they've got all the experience in the world, they've had a brutal pool that they've come through unbeaten, they have recent world cup winners in their team, and their pack is going to be dominant.

Aus have all the talent in the backs but I don't recon their pack will be able to front up enough on the day, and apart from the most recent tri-nations, they don't have much to fall back on.

Springboks by 1 point, by a drop-goal in the dying seconds... Because we can ;)

No no no no. I missed the last 10 minutes of the Samoa and Wales game because of this. The suspence killed me and I think another one like that would kill me. No, we need to win all our games from here onwards with a good 20 points margin where the outcome is decided after about 30 minutes into the game. That works better for my general well being. Another close game and I might sue the South African rugby board. They need to add age resrictions to these games ie. No person over 40. This game could cause possible heart attacks.

Aussies will win this one, they know how to beat the Spingboks who haven't looked great thus far to be honest.

No no no no. I missed the last 10 minutes of the Samoa and Wales game because of this. The suspence killed me and I think another one like that would kill me. No, we need to win all our games from here onwards with a good 20 points margin where the outcome is decided after about 30 minutes into the game. That works better for my general well being. Another close game and I might sue the South African rugby board. They need to add age resrictions to these games ie. No person over 40. This game could cause possible heart attacks.

Bah! Aint got nothin on what Scottish supporters have had to endure these last few years.

P Divvy gets outsmarted when he has a button-up fly instead of a zip....

They have those?!? Never seen one, or at least I hope not **checks through clothing to prevent wardrobe malfunctions**

Boks have fought a bunch of hard battles and won them all. Australia has fought what might have been one, but they lost it. Edge SA.

Bah! Aint got nothin on what Scottish supporters have had to endure these last few years.

They have those?!? Never seen one, or at least I hope not **checks through clothing to prevent wardrobe malfunctions**

I think I've only had maybe one zipper on a pair of jeans in the last 5 years....it's all buttons these days.

And Velro shirts and zip up shoes.

Looking forward to this game, should be a cracker of a match.
Backing SA to win this one, think it'll be close but SA to be too strong in the forwards for Aus and Aus to be too inexperienced to win in a tight game.

I wouldn't write off the Boks just yet. Sure Smit is their liability but surely PDV wont keep Bismark off the field if he wants to win..

Boks by 7

Weather is meant to be crap here in Wellington all week. It's been raining all day today. If the weather stays like this Aussie chances will be greatly reduced. I think the big Boks forward pack will be too good and Morne Steyn/De Preez will kick the paint off the ball to great effect.

I'm absolutely terrified about this game because I actually think there is a probable chance we will lose. And bowing out at the QF again would be a national tragedy.

Latest posts