• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC Quarter Final: Springboks - Wallabies (09-10-2011, 18:00)

TRF_Ezequiel

Kanko Krazy!!!
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Netherlands
Club or Nation
Sharks
RWC%202011.png

Wellington Regional Stadium, Wellington (09-10-2011, 18:00)

South%20Africa.png
Versus%20Telstra.png
Australia.png

Referee: Bryce Lawrence (New Zealand)
Assistant referees: Dave Pearson (England), Romain Poite (France)
TMO: Giulio De Santis (Italy)

[TABLE="class: grid"]
[TR][TD] Springboks [/TD][TD] [/TD][TD] Australia [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Patrick Lambie [/TD][TD] 15 [/TD][TD] Kurtley Beale [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] JP Pietersen [/TD][TD] 14 [/TD][TD] James O'Connor [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Jaque Fourie [/TD][TD] 13 [/TD][TD] Adam Ashley-Cooper [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Jean de Villiers [/TD][TD] 12 [/TD][TD] Pat McCabe [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Bryan Habana [/TD][TD] 11 [/TD][TD] Digby Ioane [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Morné Steyn [/TD][TD] 10 [/TD][TD] Quade Cooper [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Fourie du Preez [/TD][TD] 9 [/TD][TD] Will Genia [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Pierre Spies [/TD][TD] 8 [/TD][TD] Radike Samo [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Schalk Burger [/TD][TD] 7 [/TD][TD] David Pocock [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Heinrich Büssow [/TD][TD] 6 [/TD][TD] Rocky Elsom [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Victor Matfield [/TD][TD] 5 [/TD][TD] James Horwill (c) [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Danie Rossouw [/TD][TD] 4 [/TD][TD] Dan Vickerman [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Jannie du Plessis [/TD][TD] 3 [/TD][TD] Ben Alexander [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] John Smit (c) [/TD][TD] 2 [/TD][TD] Stephen Moore [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Gurthrö Steenkamp [/TD][TD] 1 [/TD][TD] Sekope Kepu [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Bismarck du Plessis [/TD][TD] 16 [/TD][TD] Tatafu Polota-Nau [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] CJ van der Linde [/TD][TD] 17 [/TD][TD] James Slipper [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Willem Alberts [/TD][TD] 18 [/TD][TD] Nathan Sharpe [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Francois Louw [/TD][TD] 19 [/TD][TD] Ben McCalman [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Francois Hougaard [/TD][TD] 20 [/TD][TD] Luke Burgess [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Butch James [/TD][TD] 21 [/TD][TD] Berrick Barnes [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Gio Aplon [/TD][TD] 22 [/TD][TD] Anthony Faingaa [/TD][/TR]
[/TABLE]

So Australia it is!!! This is going to be a cracker! If the winner of this match manages to go all the way, it is a deserved win, given the fact they meet New Zealand in the semi's

Huge match. I'm expecting SA to win this. Ever since they started there 1st squad in the Tri-nations they have been on the up improving every time they've played.

Btw not sure South Afrikans want to win the RWC seeing that would mean PDV is a hero? :p

So Australia it is!!! This is going to be a cracker! If the winner of this match manages to go all the way, it is a deserved win, given the fact they meet New Zealand in the semi's

I wouldn't rule out Argentina completely, they are a quality side and without Dan Carter they might struggle in terms of territory.

This is going to be a cracker!

Hardout, IMO this is the REAL game. All the other world cup games have been good but they've all pretty much gone to script (except for Tonga vs France), this game, you just dont know.

England-France and Ireland-Wales are also anyone's game.

The only QF that is easy to predict is the All Blacks - Pumas match

England-France and Ireland-Wales are also anyone's game.

The only QF that is easy to predict is the All Blacks - Pumas match

My prediction's are; Ireland, France, South Africa and New Zealand.

France only play when it matters and I'm sure they can put away England who are crap.

I think Australia will beat South Africa and Wales beat Ireland

I am, but since we are missing Steyn and Smit is back in the line-up, I don't see us beating the Wallabies (who beat us in Durban in the Tri Nations when playing a full-strength XV)

Of course I hope we win, but realistically, I think we have a small chance

My prediction's are; Ireland, France, South Africa and New Zealand.

France only play when it matters and I'm sure they can put away England who are crap.

Easy way of putting it, so if you guys lose next week it didn't matter? :p

I am, but since we are missing Steyn and Smit is back in the line-up, I don't see us beating the Wallabies (who beat us in Durban in the Tri Nations when playing a full-strength XV)

Of course I hope we win, but realistically, I think we have a small chance

Steyn really looked the goods for you guys in the inside centre position. JdV looks so ordinary now that I'm not sure about that back line firing but Wallabies have too many injuries, it's your game.

big game time for the wallabies, hope we can rise to the occasion. it's not going to be easy but there's always a change. i am hoping wales or france are on the other side of the finals, especially wales, they've played great rugby so far.

France are the better team, we look dynamic, England look stale and predictable.

I wouldn't say your the better team, not much between them imo. But France are in a state, losing to NZ (the way they played not the fact they lost) and then to Tonga that messes with your head. England haven't been good at all but we have won every match until now and that does build confidence. They can look back on some great performances last year against Australia, France, Wales and build confidence on that. France haven't got much to fall back on, I agree that you guys could easily beat us if you turn up and we don't but if we both turn up... Could be a great match!

But a bit off topic.

If the Australian forwards don't turn up they lose. Simple as that.

France are the better team, we look dynamic, England look stale and predictable.

No matter how stale and predictable England are they will probably beat you if you don't show up. (Like semis 2007). You will really have to hope you just show up.

I hope AUS thetas this one. They played well in the 3N and they have Deans.

the media focus on the loss to Ireland is really playing into the Aussies' hands. They've never minded being written off.

There was no Stephen Moore or Pocock in that game. And this current Wallaby unit is quite reliant on the latter in particular.

I wouldn't be so sure about that, France always seem to have a head explosion when they play England and they've been beaten by worse English teams than this in the last few years.

Latest posts