• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC: Springboks - Namibia (22-09-2011, 20:00)

Well, the positive side of Smit starting instead of Bismarck (apart from the wish of him being injured in this game) is that, if he starts the big games as anticipated, he should have enough opportunities to gather some form (good form that is). Whilst we all know that Bismarck can, and will perform if/ when required.

The players comments this week have been interesting to say the least, seems as though only bench/ reserve players are being interviewed or make the papers.

well he literally had YEARS to gather some form and that didn't seem to help...

I don't think Burger has ever stolen a ball in his life.

He used to be a good fetcher when he first started playing for the Boks, its weird how that part of hes game has completely gone missing. Anyhow Boks by 80.

It makes sense - Smit has been on a downward spiral since 09, I don't think an extra 2 games will improve his form

I never said it would, just that should have enough opportunities ;)

Whilst still not looking anything like Bismarck, at least he is not getting handed off by players the size of Jimmy Cowan in the last few weeks, small consolation but one never the less. He wasn't bad against Wales/ Fiji, just Bismarck was class, so for me its a case of a 'gradual' (since the start of the Tri-Nations) improvement in his form is being overshadowed by Bissie's awesomeness and Smit/ PDivvie hate.

I put BIG money on south africa -59.5.

I figured South Africa pumped Fiji and Fiji Pumped Namibia so they should win by ATLEAST 60... Im really scared though and am thinking about cancelling the bet... Do you think SA 60+ is realistic, and what if they start bringing on the bench players named, are these players good enough to carry on the momentum and keep the points flowing???

Any advice is greatly appreciated.. Thanks :)

I figured South Africa pumped Fiji and Fiji Pumped Namibia so they should win by ATLEAST 60... Im really scared though and am thinking about cancelling the bet... Do you think SA 60+ is realistic, and what if they start bringing on the bench players named, are these players good enough to carry on the momentum and keep the points flowing???

It hard to tell as I don't think they'll get more than 70 but if Namibia manage 10 points it's tricky and all the lesser teams whele taking a beating they are all managing to get a try or 2

SA by 79.

hougaard at scrumhalf - hell yea!
aplon on wing - hell yea!

then there's lambie, M steyn who SHOULD have his kicking boots on and F steyn who is better than JdV at the moment anyway (no disrespect) and let's not forget jacques fourie. guys like alberts, schalk, danie playing great rugby and spies finding form and the front row who gave fiji nightmares in the scrum.

only problems are still smit at hooker and habana on the other wing. dont realy have a problem with the bench except that bismarck isn't there and du preez and pienaar are in bad form, otherwise beast, louw, brussouw, de jongh - class.

so like i said - SA by 79...

do u think south africa to score over 66.5 points is a better bet???

Last edited:
Cmon Saffas!

I lost alot of cash due to that Japanese loss!

Haha, have you already made that other bet?
If so don't worry about making any more bets until that one is completed

Yeh I have, but I can change it...

Im just nervous about the -59.0 but I don't think I should be. I don't see Namibia scoring any tries (unless off an intercept or something) and I see South Africa scoring a minimum of 10 tries, so neither bet should be an issue really...? I'm just worried that South Africa will take shots at goal rather than tries, and the Nambian 5/8 will slot drop goals from anywhere inside his own half, which may affect my margin... Im confident Steyn will kick 80%-90% of his goals so that shouldn't be an issue...

Also not to sure about namibia's mindset... if the are down 5 tries and get a penalty in their 22 would they go for goal or the try (and hopefully be denied of that :) ) - one would think they would have to go for the try... :S

Last edited:
Yeh I have, but I can change it...

Im just nervous about the -59.0 but I don't think I should be. I don't see Namibia scoring any tries (unless off an intercept or something) and I see South Africa scoring a minimum of 10 tries, so neither bet should be an issue really...? I'm just worried that South Africa will take shots at goal rather than tries, and the Nambian 5/8 will slot drop goals from anywhere inside his own half, which may affect my margin... Im confident Steyn will kick 80%-90% of his goals so that shouldn't be an issue...

Also not to sure about namibia's mindset... if the are down 5 tries and get a penalty in their 22 would they go for goal or the try (and hopefully be denied of that :) ) - one would think they would have to go for the try... :S

I think you have a good chance of winning with -59, SA is looking very good and that team that is named is looking good for scoring points. Funny things happen in sport, you never know whats going to happen.

Namibia need to clone Theuns Kotze 21 times.

As a HUGE Thuens Kotze fan I love this!!! But I agree with others, Van Wyl, Burger, Botha and the scrum half Janntjies(spelling fail) are all pretty good players for Namibia.

I am hoping Namibia can keep this out of outrageous blowout territory, I like both teams but I feel a connection to my fellow farmers in Namibia, as well I can't question their heart and they got stuck with a terrible draw for this RWC.

Last edited:
Fk me the weather forecast has gone from fine, the chance of rain, to light rain, to possible heavy rain...!!! !!! !!! !!!

GRRRRR im cooked!

Yeah it looks like there could be a bit of rain, its not raining yet where i am though. What did you end up going with?

SA score more than 66.5 points... apparently its only 2-3mm rain :( hopefully it means Namibia drop a lot of ball

Latest posts