• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC19 Warm-Up] - Ireland vs. Wales

I'm pretty sure he played there for Leinster a bit in his first season because it was (mistakenly) assumed that it'd be easier to introduce him to professional rugby there than throwing him straight in at 13, before people realised pretty quickly that there was no need. He could probably do a job as in-game injury cover but going into a game with him playing there being a serious possibility would be a bad idea. He's been a 13 more or less all the way up, I'd say over 95% of his rugby has been played there, moving from there unless absolutely necessary is leaving us much worse off both at 13 and whatever position he's being shoehorned into.

I think we largely agree, I was referring to the possibility he could move out if needed due to injuries during a game. Not to the idea of benching him as a versatile winger/centre sub. I firmly agree he should be our starting 13.

I think we largely agree, I was referring to the possibility he could move out if needed due to injuries during a game. Not to the idea of benching him as a versatile winger/centre sub. I firmly agree he should be our starting 13.
Agree completely. To be honest if he isn't starting I wouldn't want him in the 23.

I think all the permutations and partnerships are linked to being the layover. Between Scotland and Japan we have 6 days then only 5 between Japan and Russia

Jean "Paddy" Kleyn singing the national anthem with gusto

Doing a Richardt Strauss I see :D:D

Edit: Jean "Paddy" Kleyn gives a penalty away in this keenness to show his devotion to Ireland......

Penalty Missed :confused::confused:

Wales' attack is dire to watch atm,
I mean credit to Ireland's defence, they're working hard, but pushing 90% territory and possession and the only time they've looked like troubling Ireland is on a speculative kick through

Jean "Paddy" Kleyn singing the national anthem with gusto

Doing a Richardt Strauss I see :D:D

Edit: Jean "Paddy" Kleyn gives a penalty away in this keenness to show his devotion to Ireland......

Penalty Missed :confused::confused:
If you knew anything about the guy you'd know that he speaks Irish and his partner is a top Irish teacher. While you're trolling maybe educate yourself also. It might actually allow some take you off the ignore list and give you a bit of knowledge

A big worry is still this lineout. And not sure is it Rory throwing or the calling that is issue

Last one was a bad call, AWJ wasn't fooled at all by our movement and we had our jumper go up half a step behind him.

Heaslipesque from Conan.

Henshaw looking sharp, dropping weight has been good for him and Aki.

Edit: been a while since we've seen that from Stander, good to see. Strong finish as well, thought JD was better than that...

It has a pure end of season feel to this game. Good effort just missing that bit of something.

Well worked try for Ireland

Good try,

Stander carrying harder than I've seen him in a while (I don't watch Pro14 so only seen him for Ireland and in European games where he's looked real tired this season).

Aki has nailed down his starting spot in these warm ups, wasn't convinced before but fair play.

Looked like Adams blocked Lamour there, then cleared him out with a shoulder charge.

But only on one view, maybe wrong.

Best throw from Best in a long time and we reward him like that...great coverage at least.

Latest posts