• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 QF4] France vs South Africa (15/10/2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you imagine being ben o'keefe, waking up tomorrow morning in france? with 70 million people hating you, and knowing you look sort of like doug demuro? poor man
He doesn't care, he knows he will not ref in this WC anymore, he can enjoy his time in a 5 star hotel in Capetown watching endless replays of Kolbe counter Ramos conversion with a 5 sec anticipation or Etzebeth snoring in the rucks 😁😜

Yeah, re-watch and count the number of time boks tackler did not release or stayed put over the ball, then come back and tell us about the non calls...
BOK actually did not ref the boks 😁
Again, I've been pretty critical of refs in this world cup, mostly that they have favoured the tier 1 sides. This game is the perfect example...

BOK is under a huge amount of pressure, from both sides, players are chatting and screaming at him constantly, I even heard a few 'Bens' in there too (I hate not using sir lol).

The directives are hard enough to implement when you are reffing u15's, at this level everyone is a law expert, and everyone knows how they are trying to cheat the laws too.

An example would be Danty, cheering and waving his arms, while Mauvaka goes over the line, the issue is he has his back to the play, and is getting up in nowhere near a position to see anything, he has just been coached to celebrate every potential try in an attempt to con.

Refs face this coaching at every decision. They need backing from world rugby, and to make the laws clearer and easier to implement.

This is a problem stopping the game from growing to new fans also

500 tickets for the SEMI1 that nobody seems to wanna buy in the official resale portal...thanks god I sold Semi2 in no time, I guess the English will cross the channel in big numbers for the game vs the Boks

Im still reflecting on that Kolbe conversion charge down. Who does that?. 😆
Game winner. MVP for me.

Again, I've been pretty critical of refs in this world cup, mostly that they have favoured the tier 1 sides. This game is the perfect example...

BOK is under a huge amount of pressure, from both sides, players are chatting and screaming at him constantly, I even heard a few 'Bens' in there too (I hate not using sir lol).

The directives are hard enough to implement when you are reffing u15's, at this level everyone is a law expert, and everyone knows how they are trying to cheat the laws too.

An example would be Danty, cheering and waving his arms, while Mauvaka goes over the line, the issue is he has his back to the play, and is getting up in nowhere near a position to see anything, he has just been coached to celebrate every potential try in an attempt to con.

Refs face this coaching at every decision. They need backing from world rugby, and to make the laws clearer and easier to implement.

This is a problem stopping the game from growing to new fans also
When Danty celebrates the try, he does not influence the game. When Kolbe counters a conversion with 5 sec anticipation or when Etzebeth cynically prevents a try, they have quite an influence on the scoreboard. Just as O'Keefe just had too much influence on the scoreboard.

When Danty celebrates the try, he does not influence the game. When Kolbe counters a conversion with 5 sec anticipation or when Etzebeth cynically prevents a try, they have quite an influence on the scoreboard. Just as O'Keefe just had too much influence on the scoreboard.
But it isnt a BOK thing, its every referee. They have to select using discretion the penalties in each area.

Take the 3 points for SA, PSDT I think it was clearly had both hands on the ground before playing the ball, but there is an argument that it's ok. When former pro players stand around and get clear video evidence of the situation, and are totally split on it, we have an issue.

Thought Mostert had his best game in ages tonight, seems to have gone largely unmentioned.

French back row were immense for majority of match under a lot of pressure.

For my money; SA have the best coaching team in World Rugby.

South Africa have developed an unbelievable mental toughness. First in Japan, winning in the Quarter-Final against the Japanese team and against the entire Japanese nation, and now winning against the French team and the entire country.

I'm beginning to favour them to retain the Cup. They've never done that. However, still two weeks to go.

Brilliant game. Both sides refused to take a backward step. France the better side for 60 mins, SA the better side when the benches emptied. Danty and Mauvaka were otherworldly good.

I knew the French posters would blame the referee but that's what they always do. I thought O'Keeffe did really well. Catching De Klerk trying to milk the penalty was a great shout.

Yeah, re-watch and count the number of time boks tackler did not release or stayed put over the ball, then come back and tell us about the non calls...
BOK actually did not ref the boks 😁
Kolbe is running before Ramos move on his interception of the conversion (incredible that the TMO did not intervene...btw the TMO did not intervene much), the bok winger (sorry do not remember his name) is in front of the kicker on one of the boks try, ref did not ref the rucks for the boks, massive infrigments but never a penalty, ref was very quick on his whistle when it was for the boks, never for the french. Edzebeth is pushing the ball forward on his interception. This was a shameful display from BOK and the TMO, really I'm off with the one sided refering....

Otherwise, If I was a neutral, fine margins, 2/3 balls lost by the frenchies in good position and scrum weakness did not help.

Kolbe is running before Ramos move on his interception of the conversion (incredible that the TMO did not intervene...btw the TMO did not intervene much), the bok winger (sorry do not remember his name) is in front of the kicker on one of the boks try, ref did not ref the rucks for the boks, massive infrigments but never a penalty, ref was very quick on his whistle when it was for the boks, never for the french. Edzebeth is pushing the ball forward on his interception. This was a shameful display from BOK and the TMO, really I'm off with the one sided refering....

Otherwise, If I was a neutral, fine margins, 2/3 balls lost by the frenchies in good position and scrum weakness did not help.
Sorry guys, I just saw the replay of the Ramos conversion, Kolbe is just 2 meters away from the ball when Ramos starts running. Just gross ...

Taking a slightly drunk step back - Rassie took notes against Ireland. O'Keeffe has been consistent this World Cup, in that he has allowed a free flowing game at the breakdown. I thought it was our downfall against Ireland, but Rassie and the team picked up on the fact that he does not referee that part of the game strictly. (Although to be fair how the breakdown is reffed at the moment is a free for all, depending on the referee). I think SA did better at adapting to the interpretations following their last loss. Kitshoff did get pinged a fair amount, but it seems Etzebeth got away with a few things I didn't notice (based on commentary here).

Regardless of all of the intricacies. I stand by my previous statement. Well played France, massive game, we both deserved to go through and I'm very sorry that we were the ones to take you out. You have a fantastic team and your performances in the Six Nations and U20 tournaments put you in a great position for the next World Cup.

Im truly sorry for the pain.

Just watch the replay, the guy has to be quicker than light...
And just listen to Antoine Dupont in the press conference talking about the ref, he is quite fair usually, but he clearly did not appreciate Mr O'Keefe game...

Hello,

I have 4 tickets to sell for the semi final England - South Africa, do you know people that would be interested in ?

Thank you

Taking a slightly drunk step back - Rassie took notes against Ireland. O'Keeffe has been consistent this World Cup, in that he has allowed a free flowing game at the breakdown. I thought it was our downfall against Ireland, but Rassie and the team picked up on the fact that he does not referee that part of the game strictly. (Although to be fair how the breakdown is reffed at the moment is a free for all, depending on the referee). I think SA did better at adapting to the interpretations following their last loss. Kitshoff did get pinged a fair amount, but it seems Etzebeth got away with a few things I didn't notice (based on commentary here).

Regardless of all of the intricacies. I stand by my previous statement. Well played France, massive game, we both deserved to go through and I'm very sorry that we were the ones to take you out. You have a fantastic team and your performances in the Six Nations and U20 tournaments put you in a great position for the next World Cup.

Im truly sorry for the pain.
Hey, even if I think the refereing was one sided (and I'm obviously gutted by the outcome), kudos to you guys, you have an incredible team and this was an incredible match, both teams deserved to play a bit longer in that competition at the end of the day and you have been on the lucky end on this evening match, good luck for the rest of it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts