• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 QF4] France vs South Africa (15/10/2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly I cannot find a law saying a penalty can be charged down
I think it's because you have to stay 10 until the ball is kicked.

Law 8.25 Any player who intentionally touches the ball in an attempt to prevent a penalty goal being scored is illegally touching the ball.

I think it's because you have to stay 10 until the ball is kicked.

Law 8.25 Any player who intentionally touches the ball in an attempt to prevent a penalty goal being scored is illegally touching the ball.
Didn't some teams used to try and lift players in front of the posts to prevent kicks.

It does not say "begins their run" but any movement to kick. Ramos' first steps before he ran were the beginning of his movement to initiate the kick.

The reason I brought it up was I remembered Cruden's kick had to be retaken for this. And he does move slightly before striking it. @ 5:00.

I do think this law has to be read with when the kicker moves to strike the ball rather than any movement.

That's your opinion though isn't it. You can't be sure until there's a video of the entire thing from before Ramos starts his movement. As for Wilkinson and Farrell, it's up to the opposition to charge them down :rolleyes::rolleyes:

If it was that clear cut, I'm sure the French TV crews could find a few hundred replays... They usually can when it's to their benefit.
WR is actually producing all WC matches, so no French TV crews to help us cheating...

Had anyone seen a different camera angle for the Etzebeth knock 'back' other than the one shown live?
I did think at the time it was forward. A massive massive call if this wasn't looked at.

WR is actually producing all WC matches, so no French TV crews to help us cheating...
Yes people should really start to understand that, no french TV crew, total control of the video from world rugby. And they will do everything to protect their refereee so not expecting loads of angles on contentious decision coming in the open soon

He didn't review Baile try either. The replays showed no clear grounding and it also appeared to be held up in the phase before which would of been a drop out
I have 0 problem if he choses to review Baille too. In the end, I don't think the balance will go in SA favour.

The issue I can see with the French reaction is that you thought the game was won before it was played. So much hysteria in France regarding this side. It is a brilliant side, however you were never out on your own as clear favs. SA, Ire, NZ all capable of beating you.

Now you have lost you are looking for stuff that just isn't their. Their is no great ref/tmo conspiracy. It was just two great teams going at each other and you lost

I have no doubt that the French will address these issues, primarily scrum and breakdown and come back all the stronger.
Look at this way of all the teams that could possibly win the next WC the French have the least amount of rebuilding to do. You have a brilliant coaching structure and team with a great age profile.

The issue I can see with the French reaction is that you thought the game was won before it was played. So much hysteria in France regarding this side. It is a brilliant side, however you were never out on your own as clear favs. SA, Ire, NZ all capable of beating you.

Now you have lost you are looking for stuff that just isn't their. Their is no great ref/tmo conspiracy. It was just two great teams going at each other and you lost

I have no doubt that the French will address these issues, primarily scrum and breakdown and come back all the stronger.
Look at this way of all the teams that could possibly win the next WC the French have the least amount of rebuilding to do. You have a brilliant coaching structure and team with a great age profile.
No one ever thought this game was won beforehand, neither of Ireland, NZ, Boks or Fra ever thought this was won before it was played, for obvious reasons...
Some stuff is there, though. No great conspiracy, no underground moves, just reffing decisions that did not go our way. And if someone like Antoine Dupont, who is generally known as being fair in victory as well as in defeat, is ****** at the refereeing team, maybe there are some reasons to be ******.

TMO control center, yesterday 9pm.Pub-chain-Hungry-Horse-wants-to-pay-you-to-stand-around-and-drink-beer.jpg

Whilst I agree there is no conspiracy there were clearly a few things there for them to be aggrieved at, not least the Etzebeth knock back / forward. This doesn't mean the boks weren't worthy of getting a result - what a side and a performance - but these are big calls which they have a right to question.

I'd also have to point out that this overt level of questioning of refereeing has not been helped by precedents set (and broken) by Rassie Erasmus in his post match rants and video analysis. He's normalised some of this.
I think that before people come down too hard on the french criticising some decisions, they should ask "what would Rassie be doing and saying now if the boks had lost in reverse fashion?"

Whilst I agree there is no conspiracy there were clearly a few things there for them to be aggrieved at, not least the Etzebeth knock back / forward. This doesn't mean the boks weren't worthy of getting a result - what a side and a performance - but these are big calls which they have a right to question.

I'd also have to point out that this overt level of questioning of refereeing has not been helped by precedents set (and broken) by Rassie Erasmus in his post match rants and video analysis. He's normalised some of this.
I think that before people come down too hard on the french criticising some decisions, they should ask "what would Rassie be doing and saying now if the boks had lost in reverse fashion?"
Baile try was never checked despite no clear grounding and or been held up over the line the phase before. It swings and roundabouts. Etsebeth knock on went at worst sideways and it was a genuine interception attempt

Take the French game Vs Italy as brilliant as they were at least two of their tries were forward. I they didn't get reviewed. I saw a fair few forward passes from both teams this game that didn't get checked either.
If anything up to this game they have got the rub of the green as home WC hosts generally do

No one ever thought this game was won beforehand, neither of Ireland, NZ, Boks or Fra ever thought this was won before it was played, for obvious reasons...
Some stuff is there, though. No great conspiracy, no underground moves, just reffing decisions that did not go our way. And if someone like Antoine Dupont, who is generally known as being fair in victory as well as in defeat, is ****** at the refereeing team, maybe there are some reasons to be ******.
Dupont just got knocked out of his own WC.a WC where the French have been built up so high, emotions will always run high when you interviews players/coaches after such occasions they will almost always say similar things

Someone like Dupont would of been building for this WC before the last, due to meticulous planning that has gone into ensuring a french victory.

Baile try was never checked despite no clear grounding and or been held up over the line the phase before. It swings and roundabouts. Etsebeth knock on went at worst sideways and it was a genuine interception attempt

Take the French game Vs Italy as brilliant as they were at least two of their tries were forward. I they didn't get reviewed. I saw a fair few forward passes from both teams this game that didn't get checked either.
If anything up to this game they have got the rub of the green as home WC hosts generally do
Wot ? he had no chance to have his 2 hands on the ball, his left arm is pretty far from his right arm. wherever it was forward or backward, such a crucial decision on a possible try needed to be reviewed clearly and fairly for everybody to understand the decision process and it has not, this is the issue.

And your point about the italian match, none of those incorrect decisions (if they are) had an influence on the outcome of the game.

Demonstrably not true. He didn't try to catch it, he tried to slap it down.

Wot ? he had no chance to have his 2 hands on the ball, his left arm is pretty far from his right arm. wherever it was forward or backward, such a crucial decision on a possible try needed to be reviewed clearly and fairly for everybody to understand the decision process and it has not, this is the issue.

And your point about the italian match, none of those incorrect decisions (if they are) had an influence on the outcome of the game.
You dont understand the rules slapping the ball backwards on an interception is not an offence. It's only an offence if you intentionally knock it on and it goes forwards. Or if was offside in the attempt.

He never attempted to do that and the motion in the intercept was backwards or the side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts