[RWCQ] United States vs. Uruguay. 2nd Leg, 29/03/14

LittleGuy

First XV
Country Flag
Canada
United States.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
Uruguay.png

United States vs. Uruguay. Rugby World Cup Qualifying America's Round 3 2nd Leg, 29/03/14. Kickoff 3:30 P.M. (EDT) Fifth Third Bank Stadium, Kennesaw Georgia, United States of America.

Referee: Greg Garner (England)

Well it's come down to this....winner take all for the America's #2 spot in the 2015 Rugby World Cup after a 27-27 draw in Montevideo!!! I'm not sure what the tiebreaker procedure is should there be another draw(whether it comes down to total tries or straight into extra time). The Eagles should still be heavy favourites in this match, but after last weeks game we can't totally dimiss Uruguay either.

U.S.A.

1. Olive Kilifi
2. Phil Thiel
3. Eric Fry
4. Louis Stanfill
5. Samu Manoa
6. Todd Clever (C)
7. Scott LaValla
8. Cam Dolan
9. Mike Petri
10. Toby L'Estrange
11. Luke Hume
12. Andrew Suniula
13. Seamus Kelly
14. Blaine Scully
15. Chris Wyles

Reserves

16. Tom Coolican
17. Nick Wallace
18. ***i Lamositele
19. Tai Tuisamoa
20. Kyle Sumsion
21. Shalom Suniula
22. Tim Maupin
23. Folau Niua

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uruguay

1. Aleja Corral
2. Arturo Avalo (C)
3. Oscar Duran
4. Santiago Vilaseca
5. Mathias Palomeque
6. Juan Manuel Gaminara
7. Diego Magno
8. Alejandro Nieto
9. Agustin Ormaechea
10. Felipe Berchesi
11. Jeronimo Etcheverry
12. Andres Vilaseca
13. Joaquin Prada
14. Leandro Leivas
15. Gaston Mieres

Reserves

16. Cristofer Soares de Lima
17. Rodolfo de Mula
18. Mario Sagario Cagnani
19. Carlos Pombo
20. Franco Lammana
21. Juan de Freitas Turcatti
22. Alejo Duran
23. Francisco Bulanti

Last edited:
gonna really try to watch this one. Haven't seen the USA play in a while and I'd like to see what they can produce.

C'mon Uruguay! C'mon South America!

:rock:

C'mon Uruguay! C'mon South America!

:rock:

I am hoping for a Uruguayan win TBH as I think it would be great for South American rugby and I don't think the Americans would have any problem in the repechage round. TBH I also think it would be good for the States as they would finally sack Tolkin who is a crap coach IMO. He reminds me of Ric Suggitt in so many ways, totally out of his element WRT international rugby.

I'm expecting better from the USA in the return leg, especially since the little time the Eagles had together before the 1st leg made it like a pick-up game for them - and it certainly looked it at times. I fancy the Eagles chances for some good results more in Pool B than in A, so I hope we don't need to go the repechage route! I think Uruguay played a good, well-organized game in the 1st leg with impressive scrummaging near the end, so the Eagles won't have it easy in the 2nd leg. But should the Eagles win this weekend, I'll pull for Uruguay in the repechage - it would be great to have 4 teams from the Americas at the World Cup!

I am hoping for a Uruguayan win TBH as I think it would be great for South American rugby and I don't think the Americans would have any problem in the repechage round. TBH I also think it would be good for the States as they would finally sack Tolkin who is a crap coach IMO. He reminds me of Ric Suggitt in so many ways, totally out of his element WRT international rugby.

I know the Americans would be favourites for the repecharge but Group A is a tough one while they could create an upset in group B.

Uruguay have a slight change, their reserve Hooker, Klappenbach has had to remain in Uruguay to be with his pregnant wife, Carlos Pombo has taken his place in the sqaud.

I re-watched the USA 20-8 victory over Uruguay from the Americas Rugby Championship last October and am less surprised now about Uruguay's strong showing last week. Yes, the Eagles were missing their biggest names in the autumn test, but still had a strong squad. Except for a 15 minute stretch in the 2nd half where the Eagles scored 3 tries, the match was quite even. I'm hoping the Eagles step it up a notch this weekend and secure a spot in Pool B for WC2015!

I re-watched the USA 20-8 victory over Uruguay from the Americas Rugby Championship last October and am less surprised now about Uruguay's strong showing last week. Yes, the Eagles were missing their biggest names in the autumn test, but still had a strong squad. Except for a 15 minute stretch in the 2nd half where the Eagles scored 3 tries, the match was quite even. I'm hoping the Eagles step it up a notch this weekend and secure a spot in Pool B for WC2015!

Uruguay's previous two matches in Montevideo were a 7 point loss to Portugal and a 1 point win over Spain. This last match was nothing short of a disaster. The ARC squad, despite including a couple of the same players, wasn't even close to the quality of the squad the Eagles put out last Saturday.

wow, the US have a guy called "L'Estrange" ???!! It means "the strange" literally as in 'the strange one', in Old French.
His ancestors must have been some weird fkn French folks to get a name like that...

Time looks just about affordable for me here in Doha...gon watch me some "exotic" Rugby !

wow, the US have a guy called "L'Estrange" ???!! It means "the strange" literally as in 'the strange one', in Old French.
His ancestors must have been some weird fkn French folks to get a name like that...

Time looks just about affordable for me here in Doha...gon watch me some "exotic" Rugby !
do you actually live in doha ?

do you actually live in doha ?

:lol: yeah. Born and raised here. I'm a mutant culturally. This country americanized me, as strange as it sounds. My parents came here in the 70's and have settled here since.

wtf this stream is horrible! rain drops all over the camera...

ffs just penalize Uruguay it's clear they're collapsing the scrum!

seriously do they have to play horrible music everytime play is dead?