• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWCQ] United States vs. Uruguay. 2nd Leg, 29/03/14

For Africa, I'd say it's between Namibia, Kenya, Zimbabwe for the 2 spots (1 qualify, 1 to repechage). I see Madagascar on outside looking in but I really hope they can make it to the next level, even to repechage!

I remember watching highlights of Madagascar winning the 1st round, including a stupidly high scoring final vs Namibia, 57 - 54 I think. They did lose to Zimbabwe in the last round, so be an interesting game when they face off in their first game of the last round.

I remember watching highlights of Madagascar winning the 1st round, including a stupidly high scoring final vs Namibia, 57 - 54 I think. They did lose to Zimbabwe in the last round, so be an interesting game when they face off in their first game of the last round.

Unfortunately for Madagascar that game, Zimbabwe pulled a USA on them, after being down 10-18 at half, Zimbabwe won 38-18. Mind you as well the Makis have had home field for the past two years, undoubtly playing a huge role. Also, the Namibia win meant little other than gaining promotion to the A group. they still had to not finish last in 2013, Namibia still had to win their group. Namibia last year called everyone in and dominated the B division. All teams are preparing heavily for this Africa Cup but Madagascar still I think is on outside looking in.

highlights from the first test:

Last edited by a moderator:
now the scotland summer tests will give a great example on what could happen in the world cup. so we have south africa, samoa, the usa and im guessing aisa 1 will be japan ha we might qualify for the quarter finals

yes, slightly off-topic but I'd like to say that Pool B is going to be very entertaining and interesting to follow. "Asia 1" is a hilarious label, just call it Japan already IRB, please, let's stop the silliness. Although, I do like the way Cambodia has been playing as of late, I must say...

South Africa
Samoa
Scotland
"Asia 1 lol"
USA

At the time the pool came out, Samoa were wreaking havoc, winning easy in Cardiff, then beating Scotland and Italy heavily etc...these days they're a lot more accessible. Besides South Africa who won't lose a game, Scotland has a major chance of advancing as second in the pool, and matches betw. Sam-Sco and Japan will all be competitive, while the USA can rival Japan and perhaps even have more in store.

Here's a mind boggler...

Quick-Thinking Petri Changes Game

It came in the guise of scrumhalf Mike Petri, who was the best player on the field for either side Saturday. Petri was a terrier around the breakdown, quickly chasing after each opportunity to feed the ball out to his players. He provided leadership, as did Todd Clever, and handled being manhandled throughout the game.

Was Alex Goff watching the same game as the rest of us? Mike Petri best player on the field!?!?

Peaches is one of the smartest guys, rugby-IQ-wise. He saw a gap and they were late to get back and, Peaches, it was all you."

And it was. Petri is fast, tough, smart, and makes plays. And this was a big play.

Fast? Play maker? Rugbymag has decent stuff at times but when it comes to the Eagles nobody rides NYAC guys harder, blames refs more, and can be so close minded than Goff.

http://www.rugbymag.com/usa-men/10857-quick-thinking-petri-changes-game.html

How was the Atlanta's crowd? How many people were in the stadium? Approximately.

How was the Atlanta's crowd? How many people were in the stadium? Approximately.

Officially, 6,197. Capacity is 8,300. 4 years ago in Florida this same match drew 2,237. Yesterday the stadium was all rugby, game's were there earlier so an all-day event as opposed to just one match.

OK crowd, nothing spectacular, weather hadn't been exceptional in the lead in, did anyone hear about attendance from the Uruguay leg?

The South is the weakest region for rugby in the US. It's important to develop it though, as it is probably the strongest region athletically in the US. That attendance would probably be the biggest ever in the region for rugby.

As far as Goff, the guy has no clue when it comes to analysis (or spell checking).

I'll be optimistic that with more time together in training and warm-up matches pre WC the Eagles will play much better. The USA scrum was very disappointing vs Uruguay, though, especially considering the pack weights, so that has be a focus. I think that as Americas2 the Eagles have landed in a much more interesting group than Canada and it should be fun to watch. I'll be guardedly optimistic that the Eagles can upset Scotland in the WC, especially since the Scots have only a 4 day turnaround after their 1st match whereas the Eagles have a full week. So will we see Scotland's 2nd string start for that match? Similarly, the Eagles will have full rest and the Springboks short rest before our match with SA; I won't dream of an upset, but perhaps a better-than-expected showing. On the flip side, Asia1/Japan will catch the Eagles with short rest, with full rest for them, so that match could go against us. But I'll be there pulling for them nonetheless!

OK crowd, nothing spectacular, weather hadn't been exceptional in the lead in, did anyone hear about attendance from the Uruguay leg?

I don't have official information but I think around 5,000 to 7,000 spectators.

texas is not considered to be in the south then?

Texas is usually considered to be its own thing. Food, accent and other cultural things are different between the two, although they also share similarities in terms of religiosity and politics.

The southeastern United States is what most everyone refers to at the South.
Quick geography, pretty to close as to what I consider each region, although I'd probably classify New York as Northeast and Utah/Colorado West. norcallbuff, pretty much sums it yeah?
map.png