• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sale Sharks player allegedly being investigated for leaking info to opposition

Doubt there'll be any points deduction or fine unless it's found a player was tapped up/paid off (which seems exceptionally unlikely).

Most likely is whoever it was will have their contract terminated.

I imagine there will be a more substantial round up of information at some point this evening, but I think it was reported by a Bristol coach.

RFU/PRL holding a disciplinary hearing tomorrow.

Arscott?

He'll have done well to do that... given that he's a Bristol player.

Oh I'm sure we'll be in the wrong in this in some peoples eyes

IF I was a betting man I would say
Mike Phillips given his connection with Peel, Thomas and Henson.

Depends if Sale only found out today if not then it won't be Phillips.

Who do you think's in the wrong then?

Well based on the information seen so far is that Tom Arscott is the Sale player involved (allegedly) and Peel was talking about it post game. Unless it can be proven that the information genuinely effected the result of a 1 point win, then the worst we'll get is a reminder of coaches responsibility in this rare-at-this-level event.

However, expect "bribing" and "paid off" conspiracy theories from some

Well based on the information seen so far is that Tom Arscott is the Sale player involved (allegedly) and Peel was talking about it post game. Unless it can be proven that the information genuinely effected the result of a 1 point win, then the worst we'll get is a reminder of coaches responsibility in this rare-at-this-level event.

However, expect "bribing" and "paid off" conspiracy theories from some

Mate, any professional player giving information to an opposition team prior to a game is seriously in breach of standards.

Would expect them to be fired.

Mate, any professional player giving information to an opposition team prior to a game is seriously in breach of standards.

Would expect them to be fired.

Me too

I mean in what I said would be what would be on our side of things.

On the whole I think its best to wait until things are made official from the RFU tomorrow

Nope. He'll definitely be fired.*

*Assuming it's as simple as it seems.

Is there any confirmation that the player intended to give the information directly to Bristol or could it be something as simple as a player discussing moves with another?

Latest posts