• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sale v Munster

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 17 2008, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Not the ideal game to be trying out a new centre partnership, thought Murphy might get the nod for this one.[/b]
Excellent. I'm not really knowledgable on Earl's strengths / weaknesses etc... but if there was ever a centre I'd want McAlister to face (besides Henson), it'd be Earls. :D Hopefully he'll stop Munster fans wetting themselves over Earls' form so far by smashing him; though he might runs rings around McAlister. Makes the match even more mouth-watering. :D
The only disappointment I have is that Stringer isn't starting. :( Meh, O'Leary isn't much either mind... A bit of pressure might do him in.
I think if Munster fail to get a point in this match, they're out. That's granted that Sale don't cock up later (I don't think they (HAPPY NOW RC? D:) will); they'll do well to win on Sunday; a victory denying Munster a bonus point will be on par with their win over Clermont last week! I wonder how the latter'll do in Montauban this week...

I have faith in Earls, Apart from maybe Horan, I don't think there is one selection I would argue with. Donnacha Ryan definitely deserves a first XV spot but I appreciate how hard it would be to drop POC DOC or Quinlan.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 17 2008, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 17 2008, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not the ideal game to be trying out a new centre partnership, thought Murphy might get the nod for this one.[/b]
Excellent. :D
The only disappointment I have is that Stringer isn't starting. :( Meh, O'Leary isn't much either mind... A bit of pressure might do him in.
[/b][/quote]

If Murphy started you would have reason to celebrate. Mafi & Murphy just don't work as a partnership.

You do realise that the Sale Sharks website sold tickets to Munster fans and willingly posted tickets to Ireland, I would expect a very large amount of supporters wearing red on Sunday.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Teams:

13.Luke McAlister
13.Keith Earls

This is a huge bet. Could be a a very costly mismatch...
[/b][/quote]
Earls is not a full back + not a player you can leave out of the team. We\'ll see.

McA got rave reviews last week, but he does cock things up.

Mismatches can work both ways.

All this talk of McAllister wiping the floor with Earls (From a Welsh fellah no less) has me feeling like a "LANGER FOR A DAY!"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Oct 17 2008, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
3. has me feeling like a "LANGER FOR A DAY!"[/b]
1. He will. I'm Welsh after all - we're always right! ;)
2. Dun diss now innit. ^_^
3. I have no idea what that means... Some expression that's exclusive to Ireland, I think? :huh:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 17 2008, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Oct 17 2008, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would expect a very large amount of supporters wearing red on Sunday.[/b]
<_< Would never have expected that...
[/b][/quote]

As in the Munster support may match o outnumber the Sale support at leastr in terms of noise.

Earls is a natural 13 and as good as McAllister is he won't have it easy in Atack or defense. Anywho, McA will be Mafi's responsibilty most of the time and god knows Mafi can defend. He has come so far under McGahan it's unreal.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Oct 17 2008, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
(2.Earls is a natural 13 and as good as McAllister is he won't have it easy in Atack or defense.) Anywho, McA will be Mafi's responsibilty most of the time and god knows Mafi can defend. He has come so far under McGahan it's unreal.[/b]
1. Redundancy seems to be an issue here. ;)
2. That all depends on whether Sale are on the front foot or not. Earls could have a rough night if the backline have good ball... Also, I wish you guys would stop tooting Earls' horn... His first experience of intense rugby ended in disappointment last week; he'll have his work cut out for him against McAlister and Keil (who was excellent when he came on last week). He could also prove me wrong, aswell, if he has a blinder. -__-

I'd also like to see Lamont pick some lines from the back. He was immense against Clermont so re-iterating his form against Munster is essential.

Lamont is an excellent player alright. I watched him in last game for Glasgow (I think) in Musgrave and he really stood out as the best Glasgow player on the pitch. Sale's back line does look dangerous (and pack although I think we will win that battle) but I have yet to see Wigglesworth play FH. Is this only his 3rd time playing their for Sale? As I say that this is Warwick's first start for Munster at fullback and Earls first start at 13. Still think both players have the class to make it work though, is the same true for Wigglesworth?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Oct 17 2008, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
is the same true for Wigglesworth?[/b]
He's started there twice this season (I think: Against Caerdydd and Clermont) and has had two solid performances from what I've seen/heard. Obviously he lacks the distribution skills of Hodgson, but what he lacks in attacking he makes up for in defence; he's far more solid in this area than Hodgson is...

Earls has looked explosive at the beginning of the season, but shall make my final reservations until I've seen him up against top quality opposition consistently. I think he's in for a rough ride this weekend.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 17 2008, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
, but what he lacks in attacking he makes up for in defence; he's far more solid in this area than Hodgson is...[/b]

That wouldn't take much :p

I can't wait for the game. Haven't looked forward to a Munster game this much since the Final or the QF last year. Thankfully no Jason Robinson this time! :ph34r:

Wiggelsworth can play 10 :huh: , i was going to go for Sale by 10 but now im not so sure.

Munsterman, the photo in your sig shows how much this means.

Sale have no idea. Knobheads!

Everyone who said Earls belongs in centre is....RIGHT! I've seen him do some for BODesque ruck clearing already this season which is what I've been most impressed by.

I'm more worried about Warwick at FB, though I'm thinking big Tony may have a plan for this match (opposed to last week where there was quitle clearly none). He's picked Warwick at FB and he's completely nailed Montaubon to the corners when he came on last weekend...his selection screams Territorial game, Earls a good tackler and rucker in centre and the choice of O'Sullivan (groundhog) ahead of Melck again shouts forward game to me.

I reckon Earls could quite easily target McAlister's defence in the centre. McAlister is a 2nd Five and it showed how big a difference it made when he was shifted to centre against the Wallabies. Earls being a natural centre in attack and defence wouldn't worry me from a munster person's point of view.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dangan @ Oct 19 2008, 01:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
McAlister is a 2nd Five and it showed how big a difference it made when he was shifted to centre against the Wallabies.[/b]
You mean that game a year ago? <_<

Alright game on.

I know it's windy but that was still a poor miss from McAlister, time to make amends now as Munster concede another one. Typical he gets the tougher kick.

3-0 Sale.

Latest posts