• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sam Warburton

Draggs

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
I am rather worried about our fearless skipper.
Just before the Six Nations, he stated in an article that he was getting headaches for days after matches. In the final Australian test, it looks like he took a bad knock, and was seemingly vomiting on the field, and apparently afterwards (although that is only what I have been told). The recent retirement of Michael Lipman further highlights the dangers of concussion. Unlike broken bones which can be set and mended, only time can really 'fix' the issues of a concussion. I ask, does Sam need to take a step back for a while, and let his body recuperate? It has been an incredible and physical season for our Sam, and it would be a massive loss if he had to retire early. I am reminded of Gwyn Jones, another promising openside, who suffered a serious injury and had to retire; Sam must take it upon himself to stay healthy, not just for Wales or the Blues, but for himself.

If this is even a talking point, then somewhere, a doctor or medic is not doing they're job properly.

If someone is concussed, then he shouldn't play, end of story. It's his Skull and Brain for Pete's sakes! You don't mess with the most vital organ in a human body.

I say they should do the same as what our local High Schools have implemented for concussions. No Contact sport for 5 weeks. But that includes training.

If the player chooses then to ignore the threat and just soldiering on, then so be it and let him live with the consequences then. Or will this sort of thing be like most other serious injuries? everyone only starts to take notice AFTER it ended the career or life of someone...

Latest posts