• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

SANZAR unveils the trophy

yeah, i wish the would make a more traditional trophy, name it after a couple of legends (the Tony Brown Cup....Kees Meeuws Trophy etc) and keep using it even when the comp changes, let these companies buy the naming rights but not a new trophy!

is the super 12 cup just sitting in chch somewhere gathering dust?
Maybe they could call it Caleb Ralph cup, or Matt Dunning cup.

Just give the winner a bell, they last for centuries :D

it looks like the new super rugby trophy, did the same company design both trophies

My initial thought too, but no, both trophies were manufactured by different companies.

Do they have a cup for the best drop-kick??
When somebody slots a better drop goal than the current holder, the cup is given to the player who did it. As there will never be a better one than Matt's (keep trying Frans Steyn), the cup has given little to talk about lately.

The designer in me is crying out for the posts to have been more abstract (possibly not circular in section) with a subtle curvature narrowing and getting thinner the higher it goes to highten the 'drama'.

As it is.. a pretty ugly and novel trophy.

Do they have a cup for the best drop-kick??

Debatable I suppose.
joel_stransky_1.jpg

I don't like it, I don't understand, how hard is it to design a dam trophy? They must outsource the job to a bunch a poofs

so I was right!

:p

I dont understand why they can't just make a nice old school cup, make it a bit more unique.

Or if you want to go really unique make something like a really nice sword, winners names engraved on the blade

Ohw, you cannot deny this trophy being unique... Just in a wrong way. I still feel it would be a pretty nice trophy if they got rid of the tacky gold areas.

Damn, its a tight call between this and the S15 trophy in a tussle for the ugliest peice of trash in sport. I don't know if I'm more troubled by the fact that some knucklehead at SANZAR commisioned and then actually paid for this crud, or that there is a poor sod out there somewhere (the designer) who is even worse at his job than Gordon Bray is at his.

Latest posts