RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
Yay!!!!

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Springboks/hoskins-steps-down-as-saru-president-20160817

[TEXTAREA]Hoskins took the decision to resign at a meeting between South Africa’s provincial rugby bosses in Johannesburg on Wednesday.

The main reason given for Hoskins' departure was the fact he and the members of SA Rugby’s executive council has “drifted too far apartâ€.

Hoskins was in the firing line with several provincial unions reportedly eager to see him replaced.[/TEXTAREA]

What is the relationship like between SARU and SANZAR.

From what I gather SA is the big one in SANZAR but a lot of decision are made in NZ.

I mean who pushed for the clusterfuk that is Super XV.

What is the relationship like between SARU and SANZAR.

From what I gather SA is the big one in SANZAR but a lot of decision are made in NZ.

I mean who pushed for the clusterfuk that is Super XV.

Good question, I think it's a lot better than it was in the past when SA got the short end of the stick in decisions that were made by SANZAR.

But this resignation was due to the local unions demanding for Hoskins' head due to his poor leadership and his political connection which has influenced a lot of bad decisions that were taken by SARU in the past. Under his tenure we also lost a lot of great Rugby-loving administrators due to his dictator-esque way of running things. One of them was Rassie Erasmus whose decision to take up a position at Munster was largely due to Hoskins.

For all we know, this could be the beginning of the end of the Quota System!

Very glad to hear. Never liked him always licked the asses of the polticians.

Good question, I think it's a lot better than it was in the past when SA got the short end of the stick in decisions that were made by SANZAR.

But this resignation was due to the local unions demanding for Hoskins' head due to his poor leadership and his political connection which has influenced a lot of bad decisions that were taken by SARU in the past. Under his tenure we also lost a lot of great Rugby-loving administrators due to his dictator-esque way of running things. One of them was Rassie Erasmus whose decision to take up a position at Munster was largely due to Hoskins.

For all we know, this could be the beginning of the end of the Quota System!

And possibly the end of the player exoduses

And possibly the end of the player exoduses

I doubt it... Our currency is the big problem here, and that will only change if our Economic situation improves. Nothing to do with our country's sport.

There could be other avenues to follow to curb the amount of players going abroad, but to bring an end... Not likely.

I doubt it... Our currency is the big problem here, and that will only change if our Economic situation improves. Nothing to do with our country's sport.

There could be other avenues to follow to curb the amount of players going abroad, but to bring an end... Not likely.

i've been reading into the south african economic situation and it's pretty depressing and it's pretty much one guys fault

under Mbeki the rand seemed to be stabilizing and then zuma and his cronies ousted him cause Mbeki had the balls to call zuma out on his corruption, then zuma takes over and the economy goes down the tank

all i really know about south african politics is from trevor noah and he makes it pretty clear that he hates zuma and the ANC for the way they abandoned mandela and his followers in pursuit of personal gains

is this more or less correct?

i've been reading into the south african economic situation and it's pretty depressing and it's pretty much one guys fault

under Mbeki the rand seemed to be stabilizing and then zuma and his cronies ousted him cause Mbeki had the balls to call zuma out on his corruption, then zuma takes over and the economy goes down the tank

all i really know about south african politics is from trevor noah and he makes it pretty clear that he hates zuma and the ANC for the way they abandoned mandela and his followers in pursuit of personal gains

Yup - you're 'pretty much' trumping it right on the cards.

Yes and Zuma basically gets to pick the judges of the highest court in the country, the constitutional court. So he can be corrupt and take all the money he wants and no one can do a thing to stop him. He has all the citizens balls in a vice grip laughing at how we cant do anything about it. He knows it we know it.

Trevor Noah is sugarcoating it a bit for the American people, but he does provide you with the gist of it all.

But the thing to remember is that most of what happened between Mbeki and Zuma, was more of a tribal issue. When Nelson Mandela and Thabo Mbeki were president, it was the Xhosa tribe that were in control of the ANC and made the most of their decisions. But then Zuma and his Zulu tribe came and slowly got rid of the Xhosas who were in power and before we knew it, he ousted Mbeki as President. Both Mbeki and Mandela had university degrees and have a lot of respect from the South African people.

Zuma on the other hand is a coniving son of a *****. He used dirt that he gathered over the years for being every politician's buddy, and then used it to get him where he is today. Luckily for us, the People of South Africa are seeing on a daily basis what a massive tool he is and that the end is near for him as President. Also the relationship between Zuma and Julius Malema turned sour. Malema, who is a Sotho, was the president of the ANC youth league, and Zuma's enforcer. But nowadays, Malema has his own political party, and one of the biggest threats to the ANC and their members.

But before we go too far off topic, I'll stop there.

Yes and Zuma basically gets to pick the judges of the highest court in the country, the constitutional court. So he can be corrupt and take all the money he wants and no one can do a thing to stop him. He has all the citizens balls in a vice grip laughing at how we cant do anything about it. He knows it we know it.

..."citizens balls in a vice grip"... hahahaha - funniest comment I seen all day.

Latest posts