• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scarlets Vs Leinster

daft from Wright charging Lyons and getting binned, even worse considering we were in a decent attacking position.

Phil John scores a very good try to bring the lead within a conversion.

Awful kick pushed wide though

15-16

ANd now, erm, someone is in the bin for killing the ball.

Scarlets penalty.

Scored

18-16

Scarlets 18-16 Leinster, final score.

I felt Lamont was very good, and Mark Jones, David Llyons and Jon Davis weren't bad, just from a Scarlets point of view.

It must be national 'Beat the Champions' week, what with Leicster, South Africa, Cardiff, Munster and now Leinster all losing.

Our hopes now lie with Ulster....oh god.

Can't wait for the lions to come back and then the six nations to shut you gloating mofos up.

The Lions have got too long a break though.

Poor result for Leinster but I expect things to change drastically when Jackman, van der Linde, Hines, Reddan, D'arcy, O'Driscoll, Fitzgerald and Kearney return to action.

The result aside, there was plenty to be encouraged about. Kevin McLoughlin fully justified his selection. Shaun Berne bedded in fairly well. Leinster adopted a more free flowing gameplan than last season which is good to see. Sexton controlled the game nicely and kicked at goal superbly. Healy continues his climb to becoming a top class prop.

The main negatives were Fogarty's throwing (the rest of his game was good but a hooker who can't throw is too much of a liability), failure to take advantage of so many chances in the Scarlets 22, midfield defence needs tuning up and injuries to both Girv and McFadden.

I wouldn't make too many changes ahead of next week's game. Assuming McFadden is injured, Brendan Macken should come in at 13. If Girv is out I'd bring in Simon Keogh and shift Nacewa to fullback. Jackman will hopefully replace Fogarty. I'd also look to use the bench more proactively - bring in Mike Ross, Paul O'Donohoe and Sean O'Brien around the 60 minute mark to up the tempo.

I felt Lamont put in one of the best defensive efforts of a winger I've ever seen. He single-handedly turned Leinster over at least three times.

Munster's Lions are bound to come back either next week for the game against the Blues, or Leinster a fortnight afterwards, perhaps with a couple slowly introduced in the Dragons game. Those two are the prime oposition, so they'll fling everythnig at them, and also they get game time before the HEC begins.

I don't think any of the Lions will play next week, maybe some will be introduced during Round 3 but I wouldn't be surprised if the Irish Lions first game back is the Leinster Munster clash on October 3.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Sep 6 2009, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I don't think any of the Lions will play next week, maybe some will be introduced during Round 3 but I wouldn't be surprised if the Irish Lions first game back is the Leinster Munster clash on October 3.[/b]
I read somewhere that D'arcy and Hines will be back in round 3 along with Eoin Reddan. Van der Linde should be back in round 3 or 4 with the remaining Lions back in either round 4 or 5. Round 5 is the Leinster v Munster clash I think.

Excellent result. Lamont was solid in defence and took an excellent line for his try - good signing.

Leinster should've won. Or at least they looked ready to destroy us at any moment, but didn't. Too bad.

Well Leinster were being helped by that useless tw*t at scrum half, Martyn Roberts was god awful for the majority of that game yesterday. He kicked away just about all of the Scarlets' posetion for 3/4 of that match. And to make things worse, his kicks were giving Leinster plenty of time to counter attack. I know Leinster were putting some good stuff together, and generally forcing the Scarlets to clear from within their own 22, but considering how bad Leinsters lineout was and the fact Priestland was getting good distance on his clearances, why did Roberts have to box kick everything back? It was just madness! As soon as he stopped, and gave the likes of Jonathan Davies some ball, the Scarlets looked like a different team.

Rhys Thomas has been cited, good. What a complete t**ser, the first 'stamp' looked fine, good bit of rucking to free the ball, but his flying headbut deserves a good month+ ban. Nice way to start your new career at a new club! I hope Wales look at some of the props playing in England and stop wasting their time with a thug like him.

Good win for the Scarlets, hopefully this will give them a bit of confidence, see them playing some fast open rugby like they finished last season with.

Bahhh we lost. Should have won.

Still, bonus point away on first day of the season is not the end of the world.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Sep 6 2009, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well Leinster were being helped by that useless tw*t at scrum half, Martyn Roberts was god awful for the majority of that game yesterday. He kicked away just about all of the Scarlets' posetion for 3/4 of that match.[/b]
I was thinking the same, but then my dad who was also watching was saying "Ooh, he's not having a bad game, this Roberts.". If that's the case, then I don't want to see what a bad game is like. Surely that's kicking away 100%?

Latest posts