• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scarlets vs Leinster

S

shazbooger

Speedy you and yours are gonna get your asses spanked!

Moderator Sir. Speedy says: HAR HAR NO. D:<

Leinster will miss Sexton and Fitzgerald but all the internationals are back and the forwards get a boost with the return of Stanley Wright to the front row.

Leinster Squad announced
FORWARDS: Cian Healy, Leo Cullen, John Fogarty, Jamie Heaslip, Nathan Hines, Bernard Jackman, Ronan McCormack, Stephen Keogh, Kevin McLaughlin, Sean O'Brien, Malcolm O'Kelly, Mike Ross, Devin Toner, CJ van der Linde, Stan Wright

BACKS: Shaun Berne, Gordon D'Arcy, Girvan Dempsey, Shane Horgan, Chris Keane, Rob Kearney, Simon Keogh, Fergus McFadden, Isa Nacewa, Paul O'Donohoe, Brian O'Driscoll, Eoin Reddan

Game kicks off at 6pm me thinks in Parc Y Scarlets.

Looking forward to this one!
Will be half way through our annual "12 pubs of Christmas" crawl so should be boysterous enough!
22 Lads in the worst christmas jumpers ever, roaring at the telly....come on!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stevemagoo @ Dec 8 2009, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
22 Lads in the worst christmas jumpers ever, roaring at the telly....come on![/b]

Eeeeeeeek

20090103%20100.JPG

Should be a good game. Sexton is a big loos for Leinster imo, although Dafydd Jones is possibly an even bigger loss for the Scarlets.

If the Scarlets can win this one, they'll be in a very good position for the group. Can't wait now, especially as my project crit is on thirs, to can relax this weekend and watch all the rugby :)

These two games are Leinster's season. And Shaun Berne will be outhalf. Not ideal

Are you going to try and fit McFadden in somewhere to take the kicks at goal? Will Nacewa travel over?

9. Reddan
10. Berne
11. Nacewa?? (David Kearney??)
12. D'arcy
13. O'Driscoll
14. Horgan
15. Rob Kearney

??

no reason at all why Nacewa should not travel over, unless I'm missing something. I'd expect Berne to start and take the kicks, we obviously can't rely on kicks to win this game. Crucial players also missing for the Scarlets so that balances things out somewhat, although Sexton is the biggest loss of those players considering the cover available.

After a quick google search, it seems Nacewa's newborn twin girls are out of intensive care and he will be playing against Llanelli, sorry folks.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stevemagoo @ Dec 9 2009, 04:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
22 Lads in the worst christmas jumpers ever, roaring at the telly....come on![/b]
christmascards-1.jpg

Leinster supporters: a good argument for euthenasia. The poor puppy.

Hehehe - that is scarily close to my jumper - except it's reindeers instead of snowmen..

haha

hmmmm i hope Scarlets do win that one although im not sure it will happen

You know what. While I talk plenty of crap, Leinster nearly ALWAYS let me down. When they need a performance, especially away from home, they tend to make an arse of it.

While Harlequins last year was a one off, I havent seen anything this year that leads me to believe we can repeat that again, and I DO believe we will need to come close to that.

The Scarlets have great pedigree in this competition and there is always one Welsh team that exceeds expectations in the competition.

I think we could easily lose this game and bring our season to a premature end.

Think Kearney could be a great goal kicker kicked one Vs italy in the six nations

Scarlets Casulties- Mark Jones (Possibly the most important and underrated Back in Wales. Also Scarlets captain), Daffyd Jones (The form back rower outside of Ryan Jones in Wales), Regan King (Commonly praised as one of the top centres in world Rugby), Morgan Stoddard (Amongst the best attacking Fullbacks in Europe, even if his defence isn't up to scratch.), Matthew Rees (The British & Irish Lions' first-choice Hooker.)

Leinster Casulties- Jonny Sexton (The best Fly-Half in Ireland, although it's worth noting his only real compeition is Ronan O'Gara.), Luke Fitzgerald (The winger who's the son of a prop.)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Dec 10 2009, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Scarlets Casulties- Mark Jones (Possibly the most important and underrated Back in Wales. Also Scarlets captain), Daffyd Jones (The form back rower outside of Ryan Jones in Wales), Regan King (Commonly praised as one of the top centres in world Rugby), Morgan Stoddard (Amongst the best attacking Fullbacks in Europe, even if his defence isn't up to scratch.), Matthew Rees (The British & Irish Lions' first-choice Hooker.)

Leinster Casulties- Jonny Sexton (The best Fly-Half in Ireland, although it's worth noting his only real compeition is Ronan O'Gara.), Luke Fitzgerald (The winger who's the son of a prop.)[/b]

Also a Lion and a damned good one. Also Regan King is good but not one of the top centres in the world. Not even top 10.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Dec 10 2009, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You know what. While I talk plenty of crap, Leinster nearly ALWAYS let me down. When they need a performance, especially away from home, they tend to make an arse of it.

While Harlequins last year was a one off, I havent seen anything this year that leads me to believe we can repeat that again, and I DO believe we will need to come close to that.

The Scarlets have great pedigree in this competition and there is always one Welsh team that exceeds expectations in the competition.

I think we could easily lose this game and bring our season to a premature end.[/b]
If Leinster keep letting me down by winning Heineken Cups and Magners Leagues, I''ll be a very happy camper.

In my opinion Scarlets absences trump those of Leinster. I think Leinster have just enough to eke out a narrow 3 point victory despite their flyhalf.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Dec 10 2009, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Dec 10 2009, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think we could easily lose this game and bring our season to a premature end.[/b]
If Leinster keep letting me down by winning Heineken Cups and Magners Leagues, I''ll be a very happy camper.

In my opinion Scarlets absences trump those of Leinster. I think Leinster have just enough to eke out a narrow 3 point victory despite their flyhalf.
[/b][/quote]
I think we'll win by quite a comfortable margin myself. I have a feeling we could see a bonus point if Berne can get the backline firing. Of course I base this on absolutely nothing.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
LEINSTER:

15: Rob Kearney
14: Shane Horgan
13: Brian O'Driscoll
12: Gordon D'Arcy
11: Isa Nacewa
10: Shaun Berne
9: Eoin Reddan

1: Cian Healy
2: John Fogarty
3: CJ van der Linde
4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN
5: Nathan Hines
6: Kevin McLaughlin
7: Sean O'Brien
8: Jamie Heaslip

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Bernard Jackman
17: Mike Ross
18: Stan Wright
19: Malcolm O'Kelly
20: Stephen Keogh
21: Paul O'Donohoe
22: Fergus McFadden
23: Girvan Dempsey[/b]
The team is along expected lines. Great to see that Paul O'Donohoe has passed Chris Keane as the backup scrum half.

I sat behind his dad for the pre-season match against LI.

They all seemed excited until he was brough on, then brought back off after about 20 mins.

It would be good to see him given a chance.