• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scarlets vs Leinster

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Dec 12 2009, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Why did the scoreboard on Sky say "SCA"? on the home side of the scoreboard? I was under the impression Leinster where playing at home against Stephen Jones...[/b]

Durrrrr

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bluemoon @ Dec 12 2009, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well - I didnt see that happening before the game![/b]

I'm not sure anyone did. Leinster came out at a gazillion mph and The Scarlets were just blown away by it.

Such a difference from Cardiff against ST, great game. Leinster are a class team when they get it right, lovely rugby. Berne did well at 10 too, which now means they have two flyhalves in their squad which is also a comfort for Leinster fans.

very happy with that, although yesterday doesn't mean that Berne is now a viable backup, very easy for any player to look good in a dominant side but if he were to play in the London Irish game and produce the same then we'd all be breathing easier.

To be fair, I thought Martin Roberts played well, and Dan Evans went OK, too. Jon Davis may have scored one try, but he butchered at least two others. I knew Fenby wasn't of a Heinikein Cup standard. He looked totaly exposed. Put Lamont back on the wing, and have Maule or someone with more experience (Even if not ability) come into the centre.

Thought Jon Davies was excellent. Ken Owens was powerful on the attack. Otherwise, eh. Easterby was ****.

Leinster were amazing. This pool will be decided by the final game. Llanelli will lose their three remaining fixtures, unfortunately.

Leinster = wow! However, the Scarlet's showed once again that their defensive system is broken! They've been playing a stand off style of defense, waiting for the team to come to them. That 'can' work against certain teams, but against the likes of Leinster, that's just asking for trouble. With O'Driscoll, Kearney etc. etc. allowed space, they were allways going to get mullered, especially with two terrible tacklers on the wings!

Dafydd Jones was missed as expected. Thought Jon Davies was excellent, but started taking on a little too much after scoring that try and started ignoring overlaps etc. What a tackle though, one of the best I've seen recently! Dan Evans was ok, but butchered a try in the first half and kicked poorly for his standards. Lamont was useless, and componded things with that stupid shoulder charge (also winged like a b**ch about ot too).

Not looking forward to next week, need to deny Leinster a bonus point, but not likely!

I'm suprised I'm the only one who's picked up on Andy Fenby. He was absolutly awful. He played well in the LV= Cup, and was good in attack against Edinburgh, but his defence has struggled all the time, and three of Leinster's tries involved exploting him.

Latest posts