• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Munster v Leinster, Good Friday, Thomond Park

• Thread starter snoopy snoopy dog dog
  • Start date
Good game and great atmosphere in the stadium. Thomond Park puts the RDS to shame.

My main observation of Munster is that they don't know how to use an overlap. Frequently Paul Warwick would get the ball in his hands with a 3 on 2 overlap only to kick possession away. He's an excellent player but he needs to play what's in front of him more.

Leinster are now 7 points clear at the top of the table with a game in hand. I suspect Michael Cheika will rotate the team quite a bit over the next 4 Magners League games.

As an aside, Jonny Sexton isn't exactly the most popular player down Limerick way!

I don't understand it, Munster have a good back-line but never look dangerous or exciting in attack, well at least nothing compared to how Leinster looked.

The way it's always been, non?

I wish Stan Wright were Irish. Sure he'll never do anything with cooke islands. he should apply for citizenship.
Great win for Leinster. Thought Toner and McFadden both played well which is lovely and promising. Sexton just needs to stop everything else and learn to put the ball between the f*cking posts.

Mcfadden has a good career ahead of him he can goal kick aswell which could be very usefull for Ireland. im sure Sexton will find his kicking boots again soon. remember ROG was off form for part of last year and now 100% six nations. 100% munster v leinster. I wish I could have wachted the match all I get to watch is the welsh games which I find have little atmosphere compared to the irish games.

Close game in the end, Well done to Leinster, 1st time in 15 years at Thomond Park correct?
It was their first win in Thomond Park in 15 years. On the face of it that sounds like Munster have dominated the fixture but delve a little deeper and it becomes apparent that Thomond Park has only hosted the fixture twice in the intervening years since the last Leinster win.

So another way of putting it is that it's Leinster's 2nd win in their last 4 visits to Fortress Thomond. That doesn't sound as impressive for the home team though!

Still depressed after Friday and took me almost hour to leave due to shock but luckily there was few shots of Powers to calm me :)
No complaints Leinster out-foxed us in every department except the 10 battle.

Their defense was immense and Heaslip just continues to push my belief that he the best 8 in world.
Big worry now is in 2nd row department as Micko seemed in pain and I think we need experience Saturday so hopefully Paulie will be ok.

Massive worry also for Ireland is in prop department Hayes and Horan struggled alot and Leinster scrum dropped big time when Healy came on.
Flannery played excellent but I worry when Fogarty comes on as his darts are awful.

ROG was well up for it and I happy with his display but well Tom Gleeson came on and went hiding.
I just hope we can sort out some problem before Northampton and wel hopefully this result will have same effect it did on Leinster last year.

Munster isn't the same without O'Connell, doesn't have quite the same steel. Leinster played within themselves and Munster didn't quite know what do, no flair that they had last year. Hayes has got a bit creaky nowadays and Horan just needs to get back into the game. I'm just glad to have Flannery back and playing. We'll be better for the Saints with the skipper back but never really saw us beating Leinster.
PS: I miss Leamy.

Latest posts