• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leinster vs Toulouse

ime gutted now. C'mom Munster. I really hope we don'y have to french teams in the final it's too not Eroupen.

what a disappointment.. apart from the scrum it didnt seem like the french had to do much but soak up the pressure and wait for leinster mistakes (some annoying and stupid ones too). backs had a resemblance to ire-fra match and couldnt seem to not drop the ball. lack of creativity with passes spread to traffic too much without puttin em where the gaps were. backs ran better off set pieces but to little effect. but WOW the scrum was jus painful to watch.. sorry for the negativity.. hopefully munster will be better!

what a disappointment.. apart from the scrum it didnt seem like the french had to do much but soak up the pressure and wait for leinster mistakes (some annoying and stupid ones too). backs had a resemblance to ire-fra match and couldnt seem to not drop the ball. lack of creativity with passes spread to traffic too much without puttin em where the gaps were. backs ran better off set pieces but to little effect. but WOW the scrum was jus painful to watch.. sorry for the negativity.. hopefully munster will be better!
pretty much sums it up[

Well I'd be more disappointed but this was always coming. To win in Toulouse you need to bring a bit of spark with you and ,let's face it, we've been pretty pure in attack all year.

Oh well, all in all a decent defence of our ***le. All I was looking for was a ML final and the Heineken Cup semi's so I'm okay with it. There's always next year.

Well I'd be more disappointed but this was always coming. To win in Toulouse you need to bring a bit of spark with you and ,let's face it, we've been pretty pure in attack all year.

Oh well, all in all a decent defence of our ***le. All I was looking for was a ML final and the Heineken Cup semi's so I'm okay with it. There's always next year.

true that. i just hope this form doesn't get passed onto the national side for the tour down under otherwise they'll be in for a rough ride.

cn healy learn how to scrum? never was good idea to start him

he seemed like such an awesome prospect when he first burst onto the scene but now hes jus lookin pretty average. i hope he learns to scrummage cos for some reason ireland just dont produce that many, if any, decent international props.

Scrum but also mauls... Mr referee gave many 2 nd chances
Fortunately Tls took the game in hand at the end of the first half, because if we had to wait for a penalty try, we still should be in front of the TV at this time.

Mr Cheika was right to be more worry about the firt line fight, because if Sexton absence was the cause of some missed/bad passes, it's definately not the cause of Leinster's defeat today. Of course we have seen some pick and go that could have gone to a try in the first half, but the colective forward movement has never been blue.

Good entry from Picamoles in defense

Thinking about this game again: we were missing Sean O'Brien, Luke Fitzgerald and Johnny Sexton who are all big players for us. Toulouse have a massive panel but I doubt even they could afford to lose players of that quality. Ah well, I hope they go on and win it now. Couldn't put up with another year of Munster gloating.

Thinking about this game again: we were missing Sean O'Brien, Luke Fitzgerald and Johnny Sexton who are all big players for us. Toulouse have a massive panel but I doubt even they could afford to lose players of that quality. Ah well, I hope they go on and win it now. Couldn't put up with another year of Munster gloating.

Spiteful oaf wouldn't even cheer for your countrymen?

Fairly certain that even if we get to the final we'll get owned.

Leinstwr were poor today. Spark seems gone in midfield really. With Luke Fitz, Sexton and O'Brien out, they looked a rather old team.

yea i was also thinking the midfield looked pretty stale. the darcy/bod midfield has always been a fave of mine for god knows how long but i cant help but keep thinkin there needs to be a change.

Spiteful oaf wouldn't even cheer for your countrymen?

Fairly certain that even if we get to the final we'll get owned.

Leinstwr were poor today. Spark seems gone in midfield really. With Luke Fitz, Sexton and O'Brien out, they looked a rather old team.
Traditional nationalism cannot survive the fissioning of the atom

Aw poo :(
I don't want an all France final, so that means i have to cheer on Munster now

Best team won, no complaints. The scrum was the major difference while Shane Jennings leaving the field saw Toulouse become far more comfortable at the breakdown. It's very disappointing but getting to the semi final and losing to Stade Toulousain isn't a bad defence of the crown. There's still a Magners League ***le to be reclaimed.

yea i was also thinking the midfield looked pretty stale. the darcy/bod midfield has always been a fave of mine for god knows how long but i cant help but keep thinkin there needs to be a change.
This is my biggest criticism of Alan Gaffney's coaching. Leinster are good off first phase but there's no invention beyond that. Joe Schmidt seems to be a genius when it comes to coaching backlines. He has the raw materials in Kearney, Conway, Nacewa, Horgan, O'Driscoll, D'arcy, McFadden, O'Malley, Fitzgerald and Sexton to get the back division firing again.

Leinster tighthead got screwed every time. No hope for them after that.

Some nice thinking from both backlines, but ball too slippery. Skrela's try too easy because Darcy was caught out of position.

Toulouse look like champions.

Leinster tighthead got screwed every time. No hope for them after that.

Skrela's try too easy because Darcy was caught out of position.

Reminds me Healip try versus Clermont when Joubert is caught in the 5m lineout, difference was the ultime bareer defense by James on the line, but facing Heaslip, could we call him a bareer defense ?

Latest posts