• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland - South Africa

Around June this year. It's incredible to see how the Blue Bulls and the Stormers (both SA teams) have used the new rules to their fullest advantage making to the Super14 final but the national team led by the biggest moron ever to walk around in South Africa are still playing the kick and rush crap

Yeah for a country that has so much rugby talent it's a shame to see them performing so poorly.

Well, that is a ridiculous penalty although it doesn't mean this is the reason we are losing this. We lost this in the first half

That what happens when you can't have your usual cocktail before the game

Around June this year. It's incredible to see how the Blue Bulls and the Stormers (both SA teams) have used the new rules to their fullest advantage making to the Super14 final but the national team led by the biggest moron ever to walk around in South Africa are still playing the kick and rush crap

Lol, coz the Springbok team has 15 injuries and the new look team consists mostly of Sharks players!

WTF was that!

Granted SA played like crap but how many penalties can SD give scotland?

Really dissapointing match and a boring one at that

I love the way the ref blew Juan Smith for going off his feet but he was clearly not in the replay. What a kak ref!!!!
Both sides had a shocking game mostly due to the rain but at least South Africa scored a try. One good thing that may come from this is that PdV may get the chop if SA also lose next week against Eng!

I hope the ref gets cited (lol) in his review or gets some form of match fee penalty.

Well done to Scotland for grinding out a win. Hope that bides them well come RWC 2011.

Last edited:
We really are missing the injured players.

The tour would probably have gone a lot smoother if jaque fourie, schalk burger and fourie du preez had been there.

it is quite sad to see PdV put a fullback at outside centre more than once.

iI love the way the ref blew Juan Smith for going off his feet but he was clearly not in the replay. What a kak ref!!!!
Both sides had a shocking game mostly due to the rain but at least South Africa scored a try. One good thing that may come from this is that PdV may get the chop if SA also lose next week against Eng!

I hope the ref gets cited (lol) in his review or gets some form of match fee penalty.

Well done to Scotland for grinding out a win. Hope that bides them well come RWC 2011.

need smart cooky to tell for sure

but i swear hands on the floor and head far below hip level means your not supporting your body weight and therefore illegaly bridging?

but i swear hands on the floor and head far below hip level means your not supporting your body weight and therefore illegaly bridging?

Even the commentators thought that was a bad call and they were VERY bias.

Didn't see it, but from your description that's illegal play,
You have to be able to support your body weight with no hands on the floor/leaning on players and the such

Good win for Scotland!
They need to invest in a rain machine everytime a SH team comes knocking, thats 2/3 tri-nations scalps they've claimed now!

Great wrestling match

I must say the Springbok wrestling team looked great today. Unfortunately it was a rugby match that was played.

When will we learn that ball possesion is key and we won't score points by kicking away the little ball that we have. This loss was bound to happen sooner or later.

Well done by the Scotts, you were the better team on the day.

Do you think Pieter De Villiers will also be called for an emergency meeting for explanations with the SA rugby bosses? (Jake White 2006)

To be honest the Boks looked much like how England did in 2007/2008: very lackluster at the breakdown, making silly mistakes, getting in the bad books of the ref STRAIGHT AWAY, relying mostly on the line out or scrum rather than creating stuff and kicking away ball after the 2nd or 3rd phase.

Pretty dire stuff from South Africa all told. They're going backwards at a rate of knots and now its too late for them to sack P Divvo and Donald Trump!

Scotland though I thought were great! How many more decent games does John Barclay and Kelly Brown have to play for Scotland before they get tapped for the Lions?! Surely any Lions side needs some killer bs to make things happen?

Latest posts