• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland - South Africa

SA need to get rid of pdv to have any hope of winning the WC

Uce you do realise the 'boks are in our pool next year in the WC and can possibly put us out of making the quarter finals.

Keep PDV I say, besides South Africa have a lot of good players that played and they're not fronting up.

Huh?

Have Scotland nae beaten SA 3 times in Scotland, as well as the test you mentioned prior to this game?

You are right. They have beaten South Africa FIVE times in Scotland.

<table border="0" cellpadding="2"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#e0eaf1"><td class="lftgs" nowrap="nowrap">Sat, 20 Nov 2010</td><td class="lftblu" nowrap="nowrap">Scotland v South Africa</td><td class="cenb">21-17</td><td class="lftgs" nowrap="nowrap">Murrayfield, Edinburgh</td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"><td class="lftgs" nowrap="nowrap">Sat, 16 Nov 2002</td><td class="lftblu" nowrap="nowrap">Scotland v South Africa</td><td class="cenb">21-6</td><td class="lftgs" nowrap="nowrap">Murrayfield, Edinburgh</td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#e0eaf1"><td class="lftgs" nowrap="nowrap">Sat, 06 Dec 1969</td><td class="lftblu" nowrap="nowrap">Scotland v South Africa</td><td class="cenb">6-3</td><td class="lftgs" nowrap="nowrap">Murrayfield, Edinburgh</td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"><td class="lftgs" nowrap="nowrap">Sat, 17 Apr 1965</td><td class="lftblu" nowrap="nowrap">Scotland v South Africa</td><td class="cenb">8-5</td><td class="lftgs" nowrap="nowrap">Murrayfield, Edinburgh</td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#e0eaf1"><td class="lftgs" nowrap="nowrap">Sat, 17 Nov 1906</td><td class="lftblu" nowrap="nowrap">Scotland v South Africa</td><td class="cenb">6-0</td><td class="lftgs" nowrap="nowrap">Hampden Park, Glasgow</td></tr></tbody></table>

could have something to do with the opposition
Yeah, sure SA played under par, but they are the world champions, and Scotland needed a massive improvement from last week anyway - it will be interesting how Scotland do through the next few weeks...

That said, wouldn't it be hilarious if Wales got the wooden spoon next 6 Nations! :lol:

well done scotland, wonder if that will pop Australia back into 2nd spot in the world rankings. Also leaves the AB's as the unbeaten team in europe again. One game left!

The players deserve this failure as much as PDV, they are the ones who keep wanting to stick with the traditional dinosaur boring kick and chase game. Smith was still lauding it during the Tri-nations and when the players have that much power, I doubt PDV even if he wanted to adopt a more expansive ball in hand game would be able to.

They weren't really any better under White, just look at the pathetic WC final in 07 in which they didn't score a single try. It's to the detriment of all Rugby when the Boks are dominating playing that style, just gotta hope that the return of Du Preez and accuracy to the box kick doesn't give them any sucess or they won't ever change. It's not even necessary if you look at the Currie Cup and S14 teams and actually see decent running sucessful running Rugby.

This defeat better scare the boks into playing proper rugby again.

Although the boks were missing key players like Du Preez and Jaque fourie and Schalk Burger so next year its going to be a whole differnt story.
I wonder how the NH will do against a full boks team??

Last edited:
Bossco, the Boks scored more than four tries in every game except the final.

Let's go a back a little bit:

November 2007

24 Wales 12 - 34 South Africa Millennium Stadium report

October 2007

20 England 6 - 15 South Africa St Denis report
14 South Africa 37 - 13 Argentina St Denis report
7 South Africa 37 - 20 Fiji Marseille report

September 2007

30 South Africa 64 - 15 USA Montpellier report
22 South Africa 30 - 25 Tonga Lens report
14 England 0 - 36 South Africa St Denis report
9 South Africa 59 - 7 Samoa Paris report

August 2007

25 Scotland 3 - 27 South Africa Murrayfield report
21 Connacht 3 - 18 South Africa Sportsground, Galway report
15 South Africa 105 - 13 Namibia Newlands Stadium report

July 2007
14 New Zealand 33 - 6 South Africa Christchurch report
7 Australia 25 - 17 South Africa Sydney report

June 2007

23 South Africa 21 - 26 New Zealand The Absa Stadium Durban report
16 South Africa 22 - 19 Australia Newlands report
9 South Africa 35 - 8 Samoa Ellis Park Stadium report
2 South Africa 55 - 22 England Loftus Versfeld report

May 2007

26 South Africa 58 - 10 England Vodacom Park report

Hmm...

I just want to know how Zane Kirchner got away with out a card or citing from his shoulder charge into Vernon. I am/was not looking for a big ban or anything, but it was pretty clear that he really was not trying to make a tackle, just stop the big guy from scoring a try.

I remember Conrad Jantjes avoiding a try 2 years ago against England and going off with a yellow. This could have been a yellow but it's just argumentative

true, I think they got an advantage from it, or something there after, so it all paned out. But if Vernon had been seriously injured I would have been a little upset with no outcome for Zane.

i think the ref may have taken into account Kirchner's inability to make a proper tackle

Latest posts